Why can't Florida get it right

swede316

Dude...your avatar just is wrong...gives me the heebie jeebies... <_<

88700[/snapback]

She was on Letterman several years ago- Stupid Human Tricks. She can make her eyes bug out like that. Saw it when she was on.

I put it up for Halloween.

Man...Missing 58,000 ballots...get it right for once...jeez.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136835,00.html

88659[/snapback]

Whats so hard to understand? The problem here is basically amoung the dems and that is because they go around picking these people up off the street, the gutter, and the crack houses.......do you really expect that these folks will be able to accomplish such a complex function as punching a card with a poker...or pushing a button on a touch screen?

Thats what you get when you beg and pay these types of people to cast a vote for your party.

You people always have to blame one side or the other on every single thing don't you?

Obviously it is really just the fact that you have a bunch of idiots living in FL.

How else could you explain a state electing someone named Jeb as governor (sorry - couldn't resist! :D )

You people always have to blame one side or the other on every single thing don't you?

Obviously it is really just the fact that you have a bunch of idiots living in FL.

How else could you explain a state electing someone named Jeb as governor (sorry - couldn't resist!  :D )

89892[/snapback]

When Jeb was running for reelection, the polls had it at about tied with McBride.

Jeb won somewhere near 65% to 35%. Accross this state he still has high marks.

And as far as idiots living here in florida, I'd agree with you. Especially since its almost all the Democrats that don't know how to vote properly. So you'd fit right in Mr. Nobody :P

Nice try, please, please, tell me all knowing one. How many of the states County Election supervisors are Democrats?

Jeb's gang? you're hilarious!

89968[/snapback]

Well, here in Broward we have quite a conspiracy theory going. The incumbent Elections Supervisor, Brenda Snipes who took over for Miriam Oliphant, who was fired for gross incompetence, is running unopposed as a Democrat. Both Snipes and Oliphant are African-Americans. The idea is that the Republicans decided that if they persuaded their guy to drop out of the race then fewer blacks would show up at the polls because their gal was going to win anyway.

Nice theory, huh?

:D:P:D

I went to vote last night but the line was crazy. I might try again this weekend, but I'll probably end up waiting until election day.

Well, I've only been in Florida a number of weeks, but I've obtained a driver's license, registered my vehicles, and registered to vote with no problems.

They offered to let me register to vote at the driver's license office, but I felt more comfortable going to the county department of elections office in person to register, rather than leave my right to vote in the hands of a license office employee. Again, no problem.

I've since received my sample voter ballot in the mail. It states my polling place address and includes a map. It states the hours the polls are open. It instructs what identification I should bring. It directs me to a state website that provides more information, including financial impacts of proposed state constitutional amendments. It advises if it is inconvenient for me to vote at my polling place on election day, I can vote in advance of election day either by absentee ballot or in person - and includes the place, dates and times I can do so. It also instructs how to obtain absentee ballots, and how to properly designate someone to pick them up for you, if necessary.

I haven't had any problem with the voting registration process here in Florida. If for some reason I cannot vote on the 2nd, such as water cannons, road blocks, being identified on the felon rolls, etc I'll let you all know.

Well, I've only been in Florida a number of weeks, but I've obtained a driver's license, registered my vehicles, and registered to vote with no problems.

They offered to let me register to vote at the driver's license office, but I felt more comfortable going to the county department of elections office in person to register, rather than leave my right to vote in the hands of a license office employee. Again, no problem.

I've since received my sample voter ballot in the mail. It states my polling place address and includes a map. It states the hours the polls are open. It instructs what identification I should bring. It directs me to a state website that provides more information, including financial impacts of proposed state constitutional amendments. It advises if it is inconvenient for me to vote at my polling place on election day, I can vote in advance of election day either by absentee ballot or in person - and includes the place, dates and times I can do so. It also instructs how to obtain absentee ballots, and how to properly designate someone to pick them up for you, if necessary.

I haven't had any problem with the voting registration process here in Florida. If for some reason I cannot vote on the 2nd, such as water cannons, road blocks, being identified on the felon rolls, etc I'll let you all know.

90030[/snapback]

So you have it easy.

I have to make a left turn into my polling place, and if that doesn't violate my civil rights, I don't know what would... :D

I have to make a left turn into my polling place, and if that doesn't violate my civil rights, I don't know what would...

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this idiosyncrasy. :D I HATE left turns unless I have an arrow.