Congrats UAW - you dumb, greedy bastards

ACor58

Apparently, since you are unable to refute any of the arguments against the union deals but keep banging your head against that same wall.

Greed is good, huh p?

Seriously keep spouting off the same nonsense to raise your posting number. I have answered you questions, get over it.

BTW: Midway through the month, December's job cut total stands at 115,416. Keep it going right?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell my fiance is currently making $10 an hour with minimal benefits as a CERTIFIED NYS teacher with a bachelors degree and trying to finance her Masters.

Teachers on Long Island earn $120,000 to work 7 or 8 months per year. Do you think that their paid 3 month summer vacation is "fair?" How about the week or more for Christmas, Easter, and the "Winter Recess," along with every holiday known to mankind?

It seems that you merely choose to sympathize with a different set of featherbedders. <_<

I have answered you questions, get over it.

I have read your posts in this thread and on the PPP thread and have yet to see your answer so I will ask you one more time.

Why do UAW workers deserve to earn $5 more per hour than non-UAW workers? What skills or qualifications do they have to justify the premium for their services?

Teachers on Long Island earn $120,000 to work 7 or 8 months per year. Do you think that their paid 3 month summer vacation is "fair?" How about the week or more for Christmas, Easter, and the "Winter Recess," along with every holiday known to mankind?

It seems that you merely choose to sympathize with a different set of featherbedders. <_<

Bill, did I just see you trash union members? :thumbsup:

Ford may be the only 1 of the three to make it through this without touching a dime of gov't money.

They saw the end in sight around 2005, and started taking their new business plan to BANKS and getting loans so that they would have the capital to make it through these tough times.

GM and Chrysler didn't do the same.

On top of this, pull a Consumer Reports and you'll see that Fords are the only cars with reviews that rival Toyota and Honda. Go figure. Better product. Better deals. Not on the brink.

(Not that they don't mind getting the free government cheese if it's coming. I heard Tesla wants in too. Who can blame them? They are making the greenest cars on earth.)

On top of this, pull a Consumer Reports and you'll see that Fords are the only cars with reviews that rival Toyota and Honda. Go figure. Better product. Better deals. Not on the brink.

(Not that they don't mind getting the free government cheese if it's coming. I heard Tesla wants in too. Who can blame them? They are making the greenest cars on earth.)

I wonder if it has anything to do with Ford being a lot more proactive in unifying its global products lines and not just thinking that they're an American company.... Nah, that couldn't be it.

Does a 4 year college education count? Now, hear me out... Not all workers have that... But, if they do... Should they earn more.

Don't many people today have college under their belt?

A college degree will open more doors and make any candidiate more marketable, creating a demand for their services. Typically, the more advanced or specialized the degree the greater the pay in the chosen field.

The guy watching the cars float by on the assembly line would probably not command a greater salary from said employer.

BTW: Midway through the month, December's job cut total stands at 115,416. Keep it going right?

If it has to keep going, sure. Why supplement two failing institutions? On top of that, if it's just about giving people money, let's just write the checks directly to them and cut out the middleman.

you still haven't justified why your buddies are worth paying an additional $7B per year. I am still waiting to hear your reasoning. Please tell me why I am ignorant. If you don't respond my guess is that you don't have a reason and you should stop posting on this topic.

Because the Chiristian thing to do is to get paid fairly and be given the opportunity to live a happier family life.

Now when comparing American autoworkers to thier Japanese factory workers... Do the Japanese factory workers get national healthcare?

Why do you begrudge them that $7B... In the grand scheme, it is chump change... Yet, part of it may be your chump change and you don't like it... Right?

Be happy for them.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Ford being a lot more proactive in unifying its global products lines and not just thinking that they're an American company.... Nah, that couldn't be it.

There's not a GM or Chrysler that I'd buy. Maybe a Cadillac Escalade (that big tank MOFO) if I was in a Tony Soprano mood.

The Ford lineup has at least 5 options I'd consider. I might end up choosing a Toyota but I'd at least consider some Fords and Lincolns. The next time I buy, I'll visit Ford, Toyota, and Honda.

Because the Chiristian thing to do is to get paid fairly and be given the opportunity to live a happier family life.

Now when comparing American autoworkers to thier Japanese factory workers... Do the Japanese factory workers get national healthcare?

Why do you begrudge them that $7B... In the grand scheme, it is chump change... Yet, part of it may be your chump change and you don't like it... Right?

Be happy for them.

Must suck for the workers who toil for the Godless Buddhists or Shintoists. I bet they can't get the proper happiness.

There's not a GM or Chrysler that I'd buy. Maybe a Cadillac Escalade (that big tank MOFO) if I was in a Tony Soprano mood.

The Ford lineup has at least 5 options I'd consider. I might end up choosing a Toyota but I'd at least consider some Fords and Lincolns. The next time I buy, I'll visit Ford, Toyota, and Honda.

GM makes great cars....

in Europe.

If it has to keep going, sure. Why supplement two failing institutions? On top of that, if it's just about giving people money, let's just write the checks directly to them and cut out the middleman.

You obviously aren't worried about losing your job or those around you.

Be happy for them.

Umm, they're ALL American factory workers we're talking about here - just working in a Japanese-owned factory, making less money to build high-quality Toyotas and Hondas instead of the crummy Chevys and Pontiacs made by their overpaid counterparts. <_<

Be happy for them.

I hope that you are being sarcastic.