Bailout Deal Looks Dead

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps they have more experience, or the cost of living in the north and larger cities is more than the rural south. The unions negotiated for those wages, if the companies didn't think they could be profitable with those wage levels then they shouldn't have agreed to them. Don't sign contracts and then complain about how they're unfair.

One could ask what skills do the non-UAW workers lack that would justify paying them $5 less than union workers? Or are they just being taken advantage of in economically depressed areas that are desperate for jobs even if they underpay?

I'm with you...as long as we apply the same logic to every homeowner who bought more house than they could afford, spent more on credit cards, bought expensive cars/boats/crap that they are now whining about having to pay back.

Perhaps they have more experience, or the cost of living in the north and larger cities is more than the rural south. The unions negotiated for those wages, if the companies didn't think they could be profitable with those wage levels then they shouldn't have agreed to them. Don't sign contracts and then complain about how they're unfair.

One could ask what skills do the non-UAW workers lack that would justify paying them $5 less than union workers? Or are they just being taken advantage of in economically depressed areas that are desperate for jobs even if they underpay?

He doesn't condone class warfare so you're answering a paradoxical question.

Perhaps they have more experience, or the cost of living in the north and larger cities is more than the rural south. The unions negotiated for those wages, if the companies didn't think they could be profitable with those wage levels then they shouldn't have agreed to them. Don't sign contracts and then complain about how they're unfair. desperate for jobs even if they underpay?

Spare me that bullsh--. Companies are forced by the government to make deals with the unions. Every union contract is signed under duress and you know it.

UAW worker lack the ability to build a car that people want to buy, therefore they should be absorbing the cost of capital required to keep them afloat. How about that? Of course this is another distraction tactic since we are all saying they should simply be paid the SAME, not less.

So, now instead of linking, you need Tom to answer for you?

I'm afraid you're now the fifth one in on the reguritation of Talking Point Tom's links meme. Why are you so unoriginal? Be yourself and come up with your own creative dig against me. Show some wit! I'll even give you some ideas, like my posts are usually very short. There you go, that can be GG's unique take on elegantelliotoffen! It's all yours!

Spare me that bullsh--. Companies are forced by the government to make deals with the unions. Every union contract is signed under duress and you know it.

UAW worker lack the ability to build a car that people want to buy, therefore they should be absorbing the cost of capital required to keep them afloat. How about that? Of course this is another distraction tactic since we are all saying they should simply be paid the SAME, not less.

Talk about BS. Companies are not forced to do anything. Get over it.

UAW workers also build the cars designed for them. If you want to lat blame for building cars no one wants to buy, blame management and the designers/engineers. Personally I believe a major problem with the Big 3 especially GM is that they have to many lines.

I'm afraid you're now the fifth one in on the reguritation of Talking Point Tom's links meme. Why are you so unoriginal? Be yourself and come up with your own creative dig against me. Show some wit!

Why mess with something that works? Provide an original thought, or answer a question that doesn't need the help of the Google and perhaps the memes will go away.

Hint, smart people post thoughts & opinions and back them with links. Others offer links as proof of thought. Then they get mad because they're called idiots.

Talk about BS. Companies are not forced to do anything. Get over it.

UAW workers also build the cars designed for them. If you want to lat blame for building cars no one wants to buy, blame management and the designers/engineers. Personally I believe a major problem with the Big 3 especially GM is that they have to many lines.

The UAW: Quality is gag 1.

There is more to it than design. I've bought 3 Accords because I liked the design, to be sure, but I also bought it because it is reliable.

I don't care. Next job be a little bit more proud of.

He's mentioned it here repeatedly, jackass. He just doesn't want to repeat it...and I don't blame him. Search his posts. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out, you just have to be a little bit industrious...

...oh yeah, you're union. Never mind.