Bailout Deal Looks Dead

Are you too stupid to understand the difference between salary and total compensation?

Hourly wages aren't the problem. The ridiculous benefits that these companies pay their employees is. The regulations and rules that they have in place that negatively effect efficiency are.

Are you to dumb to read that I have stated time and time again about the cost of benefits added on to hourly wage. Damn. How about my posts regarding concessions that bring the benefits back to being comparable to the other automakers.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you to dumb to read that I have stated time and time again about the cost of benefits added on to hourly wage. Damn. How about my posts regarding concessions that bring the benefits back to being comparable to the other automakers.

I NEED TO KNOW THIS!!!!

Why do UAW workers deserve to earn $5 to $6 more than non UAW workers? What is their qualifying skill set of skills?

$6.00 per hour x 40 hrs x 52 weeks = $12,480 per employee

600,000 active members x $12,480 = $7,488,000,000 per year!!!!!

please answer my question.

1) The UAW's concessions haven't taken place yet, meanwhile, the Big 3 are about to go under. Too little too late.

2) Being comparable doesn't mean that it's ok for them to still be higher, especially when the company paying it is going out of business. There's no justifiable reason that even with the crappy concessions that their total compensation should be higher.

I NEED TO KNOW THIS!!!!

Why do UAW workers deserve to earn $5 to $6 more than non UAW workers? What is their qualifying skill set of skills?

I have answered that before. I have stated that with the massive cuts they are taking in regards to health care and pension plans and plus not having the bonuses that are received by those other companies. Yes, they do deserve it.

1) The UAW's concessions haven't taken place yet, meanwhile, the Big 3 are about to go under. Too little too late.

2) Being comparable doesn't mean that it's ok for them to still be higher, especially when the company paying it is going out of business. There's no justifiable reason that even with the crappy concessions that their total compensation should be higher.

How are they crappy concessions? Because they are effective in 2010? Would you give up a portion of your retirement and pay more for health care to help your company out? Doubt it. Would you be pissed if someone told you that's a crappy concession? Yes.

I don't have time for that.

Can't you do it during your union sponsored afternoon nap time? Or do union by-laws require you to stay on your mat for the entire hour? Or perhaps you dont have the time because it takes 45 minutes for you to contact the union "computer power operator" to turn your computer on, get the union "email correspondent" to check your email for you, and then get the union "firefox liaison" to open your browser.

Can't you do it during your union sponsored afternoon nap time? Or do union by-laws require you to stay on your mat for the entire hour?

Dude you know absolute crap about working for a union. So top with the nonsense. It's because I realized I don't have the time to dig through this site to see what an over paid waste of space you are.

I have answered that before. I have stated that with the massive cuts they are taking in regards to health care and pension plans and plus not having the bonuses that are received by those other companies. Yes, they do deserve it.

That is not an answer. What you are saying is that they are entitled - that is a big difference between deserving an additional $12, 800,000 per year. GM, Ford and Chrysler are losing money, they are not in a position to pay out bonuses. They cannot afford to pay their workers the "prevailing wage" so they should be making less or find another job to pay them what they think they are worth.

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living. I am not going to judge you or bash you, I would just like to know where your perspective is coming from.

What other massive bonuses received by other companies?

upwards of 8,000k

Detroit Free Press:

In that instance, Toyota Motor Corp. gave workers at its largest U.S. plant bonuses of $6,000 to $8,000, boosting the average pay at the Georgetown, KY, plant to the equivalent of $30 an hour. That compares with a $27 hourly average for UAW workers, most of whom did not receive profit-sharing checks last year. Toyota would not provide a U.S. average, but said its 7,000-worker Georgetown plant is representative of its U.S. operations.

Are you too stupid to understand the difference between salary and total compensation?

Judging by most of the posts I've seen, almost everyone is. You fools are comparing two completely different accounting systems and trying to make judgements.

Dude you know absolute crap about working for a union. So top with the nonsense. It's because I realized I don't have the time to dig through this site to see what an over paid waste of space you are.

Yup.i dont know sh-- about unions. I didn't have both parents work for a union or anything.

And me, overpaid? <_<:thumbsup::wallbash:

Can't you do it during your union sponsored afternoon nap time? Or do union by-laws require you to stay on your mat for the entire hour? Or perhaps you dont have the time because it takes 45 minutes for you to contact the union "computer power operator" to turn your computer on, get the union "email correspondent" to check your email for you, and then get the union "firefox liaison" to open your browser.

<_<:thumbsup::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::worthy: :worthy:

I'm not, the problem your fact is that you don't include all the dollars the Japanese cos get subsidized by their government, money these cos don't have to come up with... if we had a system like Japan, then the Union wouldn't have to protect its retirees health benefits and those benefits wouldn't be as costly, but Bush gave away Medicare bargaining rights and the Drug Cos and Hospitals are fleecing the taxpayers even after the $400 Billion taxpayers threw in that pot... and now we are quibbling over 15-35 B in loans.... please. Where did the $750 in tarp go??? Not back into the system... banks are sitting on it... so much more that helping the economy, speaking of free loading manipulators.... stock traders and money managers don't create anything near what they take out of the system.... Yes, they get what the market will bear, but what we value in this country is screwed up.

upwards of 8,000k

Detroit Free Press:

In that instance, Toyota Motor Corp. gave workers at its largest U.S. plant bonuses of $6,000 to $8,000, boosting the average pay at the Georgetown, KY, plant to the equivalent of $30 an hour. That compares with a $27 hourly average for UAW workers, most of whom did not receive profit-sharing checks last year. Toyota would not provide a U.S. average, but said its 7,000-worker Georgetown plant is representative of its U.S. operations.

Dude - A bonus is called variable compensation for a reason. If Toyota were to lose money like the big 3 they wouldn't be paid bonuses. Your buddies are being paid more even though their employer is not making any money. Where should the money to pay your buddies come from?

How are they crappy concessions? Because they are effective in 2010? Would you give up a portion of your retirement and pay more for health care to help your company out? Doubt it. Would you be pissed if someone told you that's a crappy concession? Yes.

Have you been a union employee so long that you have no idea what it's like to work in the real world anymore?

My retirement can be gone whenever the company decides to stop putting into my 401k. Or whenever they decide to cut pensions. I don't get a say. I can only hope they would do it in order to stay in business. And yes, I would rather them make cuts and stay in business than fire me or go out of business completely.

My health care premiums go up almost every year, just like a lot of Americans. While I still have good health insurance, one year I might be paying $65/month and the next year I might be paying $75/month.

Should myself and my fellow employees band together and stop work when our health care increases or the change our 401k's?

So yeah, I don't feel bad at all for the union people that will be brought more into line but still have superior benefits in the future than most Americans. No, they don't deserve it. If they actually gave a rats ass about anything but themselves, they'd be pushing for those cuts sooner than 2010, so that their company could stay in business.

A pay cut is better than no pay at all you jackass.

I NEED TO KNOW THIS!!!!

Why do these incompetent CEO and executive deserve to earn 27 mil per year plus excessive bonuses, especially when the Company is losing money? Please answer my question? What value do they add???

I'm not, the problem your fact is that you don't include all the dollars the Japanese cos get subsidized by their government, money these cos don't have to come up with... if we had a system like Japan, then the Union wouldn't have to protect its retirees health benefits and those benefits wouldn't be as costly, but Bush gave away Medicare bargaining rights and the Drug Cos and Hospitals are fleecing the taxpayers even after the $400 Billion taxpayers threw in that pot... and now we are quibbling over 15-35 B in loans.... please. Where did the $750 in tarp go??? Not back into the system... banks are sitting on it... so much more that helping the economy, speaking of free loading manipulators.... stock traders and money managers don't create anything near what they take out of the system.... Yes, they get what the market will bear, but what we value in this country is screwed up.

Gotta disagree with you there, the good ones make boatloads of money for their firms and investors.

Especially when the execs and ceo aren't giving up anything, which if they did would solve the problem.