Bailout Deal Looks Dead

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Republicans!

Didn't we have this talk yesterday?

Obama doesn't want you participating in divisive politics. Your actions make Obama and his message look empty and hypocritical.

You wouldn't want your actions to cause people to not get on board with Obama would you?

Reach across the isle, and embrace your fellow American. Understand them and work with them. Only then can we turn this into a great nation.

If you keep this up, Obama may not be putting any presents under your Holiday Tree.

Didn't we have this talk yesterday?

Obama doesn't want you participating in divisive politics. Your actions make Obama and his message look empty and hypocritical.

You wouldn't want your actions to cause people to not get on board with Obama would you?

Reach across the isle, and embrace your fellow American. Understand them and work with them. Only then can we turn this into a great nation.

If you keep this up, Obama may not be putting any presents under your Holiday Tree.

Eat sh it

How's that?

Eat sh it

How's that?

I don't think that's the attitude Obama wants you to portray.

How are you going to bring others to Obama in order to unite us all like he wants with words and an attitude like that?

Don't tell me that Obama isn't even in office yet and you are already starting to doubt and fall away?

Or were you never really a supporter to begin with?

Let's review:

The U.S. Department of Labor today releases the latest unemployment claims, covering the week of Dec. 6.

The number of people collecting unemployment benefits in the country reached a 25-year high last month, at 4 million.

The figures follow the loss of 533,000 jobs nationwide in November, the biggest loss since 1993.

Economists will be watching closely to see if the November report leads to a spike in first time claims today.

http://www.northjersey.com/business/news/U..._due_today.html

Strong evidence is emerging that consumer spending, a bulwark against recession over the last year even as energy prices surged and the housing market sputtered, has begun to slow sharply at every level of the American economy, from the working class to the wealthy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/14/business/14spend.html

And don't forget the stock markets around the world are already registering negatively on this ideological hit against Detroit. Good job.

At least President Bush is finally acting like a grown up here.

Oh ya. Merry Christmas!

I don't think that's the attitude Obama wants you to portray.

How are you going to bring others to Obama in order to unite us all like he wants with words and an attitude like that?

Don't tell me that Obama isn't even in office yet and you are already starting to doubt and fall away?

Or were you never really a supporter to begin with?

What?

I continue to be torn on this. I have no faith in 2 of the big 3 but worry that letting them fail immediately would be very bad. I like the idea of making them squirm for every penny and forcing them to a faster restructuring (FU UAW) rather than giving them tons of time.

I continue to be torn on this. I have no faith in 2 of the big 3 but worry that letting them fail immediately would be very bad. I like the idea of making them squirm for every penny and forcing them to a faster restructuring (FU UAW) rather than giving them tons of time.

This is entirely the wrong time to be adding this disaster to the economy that's already a disaster

Good job Republicans!

Yes, this is all the Republicans' fault. If it weren't for the way the Republicans were running the big 3, we'd never be in this mess.

Frankly, I wouldn't worry about it. You need only wait another month before you can give them all money they want, and likely with fewer (if any) restrictions. Because nothing succeeds like having the government throw money at a problem and taking the problem under their comforting wing.

Yes, this is all the Republicans' fault. If it weren't for the way the Republicans were running the big 3, we'd never be in this mess.

Frankly, I wouldn't worry about it. You need only wait another month before you can give them all money they want, and likely with fewer (if any) restrictions. Because nothing succeeds like having the government throw money at a problem and taking the problem under their comforting wing.

See Molson, your previous speech has already divided this thread.

Instead of dividing, shouldn't you be learning Obama's plan, and sharing it with us so that we may be saved from these terrible times?

Why is FU UAW? Because they did not want to lose or give up even more than they already have? Pensions have been cut, health care for retirees has been TAKEN ON BY THE UAW, a reduction in wages takes affect in 2010. Yes, F the UAW for screwing this up. My Butt.

It's republicans in right to work states who lose nothing if it goes through or lose nothing if it fails. They are just protecting their collective butts. Hell most of these same people have approved or helped approved millions in subsidies for Toyota, etc. They are worried about it being a waste of taxpayer money... Yeah right.

And to say make them squirm for every penny? Why? Oh that's because there is a different standard for wall street as compared to the big 3. Nothing more than a last attempt at class warfare.