What is the Bill's secret Identity?

Big Bills Fan

The problem with this team is the mentality of this football team. Sure, everyone is supportive and constructive and there is a good sense of unity and support, but what is our IDENTITY?

This team has not had any defining characteristic(s) since Marv in the 80s and even Knox in the 70s. With Knox, we KNEW that he would build a winner. We had a sense that he was coming in with a plan. Breaking that 10 year losing streak against the Fins was a defining moment. We tore down the goal posts for a regular season game for pete's sake.

With Levy we weren't sure what he was bringing but it turns out that he was a diamond in the rough. It didn't hurt that he had future Hall of Famers work with. Curiously though with all that talent (Bruce, Reed, Kelly) Marv came in and the first thing that pointed out was that "the kicking game is shoddy" (I still have the article I clipped when I was 16 announcing his signing). Imagine that, the team sucked in every phase under Bullough and the first thing that he talked about was improving the kicking game. What I wouldn't give for a coach right now to step up and say that we are committed to be being the best _____ team in the league.

I for one am tired of wondering when the shoe is gonna drop on the all the good stuff we are doing. I for one am tired of hearing the same line, as admirable as it is that the players play and the coaches can't be held responsible for their play. That's fine for a key kick or a big stop or a defining play. But the fact of the matter is that our issues result from a SERIES of miscues not just one. That's on the coaches.

Believe it or not, Jauron has the potential to give the Bills an identity besides "chokers". The '01 Bears showed that he can do it. But if he can't find that identity for the Bills in the next 3 games whether that is running the ball; turning into a dynamic, turnover inducing defense; come back kids that show heart; winning record; whatever it is, this year should be his last. If it is his last and we get to start fresh once again, this organization will have to decide whether we HOPE to be champions or actually BE champions.

Our answer will be reflected in whoever is the headcoach of the Bills in '09.

- BBF

A team usually carries the same identity as their head coach, and to be honest thats what they have right now.....Thats why they suck......

well stated. in all honesty, i think the only reason the players seem to love jauron so much is because of how soft he is, and how he seems to really just let everything slide, including crappy play. and i also feel that because of his uber-soft training camps and practices, that's why we have so many freakin injuries....just my two cents...