New SNL Digital Short

Heels20X6

I'm still a fan of Dick in a box, but this was a great effort. These digital shorts are better than anything the show produces.

Dick in a box was also good, but it was censored. I think this is actually funnier, overall.

I'm still a fan of Dick in a box, but this was a great effort. These digital shorts are better than anything the show produces.

I find since they let the Lonely Island guys (Samberg, Jorma and Schaeffer) do the shorts taped, it really brings out their funny. Jorma and Schaeffer do much better in the video medium than they do with live theatre writing. I'll give Lorne credit though, he discovered these guys and not from his usual source (Second City).

And I agree...Meadow Soprano in this video would make me....Jizz In My Pants!

I'll give Lorne credit though, he discovered these guys and not from his usual source (Second City).

I'm pretty sure Lorne didn't have anything to do with actually discovering them. They were pretty well known on the Internet before SNL signed them. Lorne doesn't strike me as a big Internet guy. Credit to him for recognizing the talent and bringing in the only thing the show currently has going for it.

I'm pretty sure Lorne didn't have anything to do with actually discovering them. They were pretty well known on the Internet before SNL signed them. Lorne doesn't strike me as a big Internet guy. Credit to him for recognizing the talent and bringing in the only thing the show currently has going for it.

Actually, these guys are close to worthless in sketch comedy, the foundation on which the show was built. Most of the shorts suck, too. But, when they are good, they usually are the highlight of the show.

Actually, these guys are close to worthless in sketch comedy, the foundation on which the show was built. Most of the shorts suck, too. But, when they are good, they usually are the highlight of the show.

Funny is funny. I never understood why SNL was so married to the idea that it had to be performed live. It would have helped out the sketches through the years if they could have been rehearsed and had multiple takes in my opinion. They're not the first pre-recorded stuff to be featured on the show anyway. Most of the time the pre-recorded stuff is way better. TV Funhouse is the strongest example I can come up with.

Funny is funny. I never understood why SNL was so married to the idea that it had to be performed live.

:) Maybe the LIVE in "Saturday Night Live" provides a clue. :( What distinguishes SNL from other sketch comedy shows is the live element. When it works, it's awesome. But, these guys just aren't good comic actors, so live or recorded, none of them will ever be good at the SNL-style of sketch comedy, IMO. Phil Hartman represented the perfect cast member for SNL, IMO.

But, I agree that, the best recorded stuff is sometimes the strongest piece in the show. Unfortunately, these guys have a low batting average for "funny", IMO. The multiple, too long, and unfunny Laser Cat videos top the list.