Joe 'The Plumber' 'appalled' with McCain

PastaJoe

Joe "The Plumber" Wurzelbacher, the Ohio voter who challenged President-elect Barack Obama on his tax plan and later became a hero of John McCain's presidential bid, said Tuesday he felt "appalled" at some of his interactions with the Arizona senator, and soon felt the need to ditch his campaign.

Speaking with conservative talk-radio host Glenn Beck, Wurzelbacher said he was specifically at odds with McCain's support over the massive $700 billion bailout, a measure many conservatives opposed despite McCain's attempts to shepherd the bill on Capitol Hill.

“When I was on the bus with him, I asked him a lot of questions about the bailout because most Americans did not want that to happen,” Wurzelbacher told Beck. “I asked him some pretty direct questions,” he continued. “Some of the answers…they appalled me, absolutely. I was angry.

"In fact, I wanted to get off the bus after I talked to him."

Despite his disappointment with McCain though, Wurzelbacher praised Palin as "absolutely the real deal." :censored:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...ain/#more-32308

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe "The Plumber" Wurzelbacher, the Ohio voter who challenged President-elect Barack Obama on his tax plan and later became a hero of John McCain's presidential bid, said Tuesday he felt "appalled" at some of his interactions with the Arizona senator, and soon felt the need to ditch his campaign.

Speaking with conservative talk-radio host Glenn Beck, Wurzelbacher said he was specifically at odds with McCain's support over the massive $700 billion bailout, a measure many conservatives opposed despite McCain's attempts to shepherd the bill on Capitol Hill.

“When I was on the bus with him, I asked him a lot of questions about the bailout because most Americans did not want that to happen,” Wurzelbacher told Beck. “I asked him some pretty direct questions,” he continued. “Some of the answers…they appalled me, absolutely. I was angry.

"In fact, I wanted to get off the bus after I talked to him."

Despite his disappointment with McCain though, Wurzelbacher praised Palin as "absolutely the real deal." :(

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...ain/#more-32308

I'm confused. Is he still a bad guy or is he now a good guy because he found McCain appalling? :)

I'm confused. Is he still a bad guy or is he now a good guy because he found McCain appalling? :)

Bad? Good?

He's a mook, that's all. Always has been, and probably always will be.

Oh so you've sat down with him. Tell me what's he really like...other than a mook, whatever the !@#$ that is. :)

Don't need to sit down with him. He's a liar, and dumb as a bag of mucus. Probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the c and the a.

I have heard him being interviewed, and heard him interview others (now THAT was a joke). Is it possible that he is playing a role to get attention? Sure. Makes him a little smarter, and a little more repugnant, I suppose.

He's a zero, and has no business being the subject of the national media, or the singular focus of any presidential campaign. And, before you make one of your typical mind-numbing comebacks, he should be represented by every political candidate, but he should be a spokesperson for nothing. His mental acuity reminds me of many on The Stadium Wall. A blowhard, plain and simple.

Don't need to sit down with him. He's a liar, and dumb as a bag of mucus. Probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the c and the a.

I have heard him being interviewed, and heard him interview others (now THAT was a joke). Is it possible that he is playing a role to get attention? Sure. Makes him a little smarter, and a little more repugnant, I suppose.

He's a zero, and has no business being the subject of the national media, or the singular focus of any presidential campaign. And, before you make one of your typical mind-numbing comebacks, he should be represented by every political candidate, but he should be a spokesperson for nothing. His mental acuity reminds me of many on The Stadium Wall. A blowhard, plain and simple.

Who's a bigger idiot him or you for knowing this much about him.