Meanwhile, Greece Is In A State Of Anarchy

well I don't know how you call complete anarchy, looting, robbery, rapes, murders and fights at every corner, police losing control of the situation...but well that looks a lot like a riot...

(and don't tell me that in a "real " riot, people are supposed to "ask" for something or to have any kind of political message... in most riots people are just looking for a good fight vs the police and a way to steal some stuff...)

Didn't France go through a bunch of riots with the muslims a few years back? I probably have it wrong. Just like everything else in the US. Nothing bad ever happens in wonderful Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_civil_unrest_in_France

I think you are remembering the rumors. In the Superdome there were reported rapes and murders. That never happened.I think one or two people died of natural causes and there were a few fist fights, and the toilets didn't work, but no widespread anarchy.

The police were too busy saving people, except that one woman cop who was seen on a surveilance camera looting herself.

Didn't France go through a bunch of riots with the muslims a few years back? I probably have it wrong. Just like everything else in the US. Nothing bad ever happens in wonderful Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_civil_unrest_in_France

reading issues Dante ?

I have written about those riots in not one but two posts in that thread!

I think you are remembering the rumors. In the Superdome there were reported rapes and murders. That never happened.I think one or two people died of natural causes and there were a few fist fights, and the toilets didn't work, but no widespread anarchy.

The police were too busy saving people, except that one woman cop who was seen on a surveilance camera looting herself.

Yeah right all those films, documents, stories i have seen on TV, papers, magazines were all rumors! <_<

well I don't know how you call complete anarchy, looting, robbery, rapes, murders and fights at every corner, police losing control of the situation...but well that looks a lot like a riot...

(and don't tell me that in a "real " riot, people are supposed to "ask" for something or to have any kind of political message... in most riots people are just looking for a good fight vs the police and a way to steal some stuff...)

Wait...are you talking about Katrina or Mardi Gras?

Yeah right all those films, documents, stories i have seen on TV, papers, magazines were all rumors! <_<

Quite likely, actually. In the absence of fact, rumors take on a life of their own. All it takes is one news outlet saying "We're hearing reports of riots in the Superdome", then three more say "So-and-so is reporting riots in the Superdome", and suddenly it's a "fact" that there was rioting in the Superdome.

It's actually very easy nowadays, with the 24-hour news feeding frenzy, to turn a rumor in to a fact. Fox has an entire network dedicated to it.

Quite likely, actually. In the absence of fact, rumors take on a life of their own. All it takes is one news outlet saying "We're hearing reports of riots in the Superdome", then three more say "So-and-so is reporting riots in the Superdome", and suddenly it's a "fact" that there was rioting in the Superdome.

It's actually very easy nowadays, with the 24-hour news feeding frenzy, to turn a rumor in to a fact. Fox has an entire network dedicated to it.

Where did i mention the Superdome?

Wacka did, you replied.

Either way, my example of how a rumor becomes fact is still valid.

I replied not specifically about what he said on the Superbowl...

I have no doubt the Superbowl was one of the safest places to be during those crazy days...

And the complete mess that took place outside the Superbowl, in the streets of NO, what i called "riots", has been enough documented to be just called "rumors"....