Maybe the media just didnt know

Turner Broadcasting System,1970.

Sorry, Jim. But as someone who spent the better part of 15 years in satcom selling transponder space to major networks worldwide, I can assure you that TBS wasn't even a business entity until nearly a decade later, let alone a viable one, let alone a fledgling news reporting network. To assert he "WAS the news" is a stretch at best.

<cough>Dien Bien Phu<cough>

I don't think Americans have to take any abuse over Vietnam from a Frenchman. We wouldn't have been there to begin with if it wasn't for you yellow post-war commie imperialist Gaullist frogs. <_<

OK ok, sometimes i wish i could have serious answers to my questions... and then i remember i'm on the PPP board...

OK ok, sometimes i wish i could have serious answers to my questions... and then i remember i'm on the PPP board...

I'm in a bad mood...so I decided I'd make today "Pick on a Frenchie day". Nothing personal.

And if you think you have it bad...you should talk to the French-Canadian I work with. <_<

My intentions with this post were never about the Viet Nam war, one way or another. It was my astonishment that Ted Turner, the founder of the Clinton news network, stated that "he never thought about that" when told that 3 million civilians were slaughtered after the Communist take over, then offered the excuse " the media didn't cover it" I dont care how many markets his company had at the time, it just shows the depth of the ignorance of those running the mainstream media.

My intentions with this post were never about the Viet Nam war, one way or another. It was my astonishment that Ted Turner, the founder of the Clinton news network, stated that "he never thought about that" when told that 3 million civilians were slaughtered after the Communist take over, then offered the excuse " the media didn't cover it" I dont care how many markets his company had at the time, it just shows the depth of the ignorance of those running the mainstream media.

Perhaps, just perhaps, he never thought of someone could be that stupid, even Bill O'Reilly, actually blaming him for three million dead Vietnamese, which is how you described the conversation.

Perhaps, just perhaps, he never thought of someone could be that stupid, even Bill O'Reilly, actually blaming him for three million dead Vietnamese, which is how you described the conversation.

Blame? No one suggested Turner was personally responsible for the aftermath of our withdraw from Vietnam. The point is he was rabidly anti-war at the time and never "thought" about the consequences, even 35 years later. If it was Joe Blow,who cares, but he IS cnn

Blame? No one suggested Turner was personally responsible for the aftermath of our withdraw from Vietnam. The point is he was rabidly anti-war at the time and never "thought" about the consequences, even 35 years later. If it was Joe Blow,who cares, but he IS cnn

Jane Fonda does have their blood on her hands and should have been tried and executed for treason.

Three pieces of "common knowledge" that definitely apply to Ted Turner:

1. There is no level an "emotionally challenged"(emotionally weak) man won't stoop to in order to impress a woman, any woman, and the level they have stooped to, or are at, has a direct relationship to how much they end up paying, literally or figuratively, in the end.

2. This is one of many examples throughout history of a woman making a smart man turn dumb. No, it doesn't always happen. Many times just the opposite, um, Ozzy Osborne? It really depends on the woman, now doesn't it? If we are talking Jane Fonda, then yes, she is practically guaranteed to lower anyone's IQ 50 points. This can also work another way: if Abe Lincoln didn't have crazy-ass Mary Todd to come home to, he never would have found every way possible to get away from her. He needed the mother of all excuses, President of the US, to get off the hook. Thank God for us that she was such a nut.

3. Sooner or later, however, all men remember one thing: they are men, and that's right about the time when all hell breaks loose. In Turner's case, his "moment of clarity" came when he was thrown off his own board for biasing CNN so ferociously, thus opening the door for Fox News. When word got out that Turner would literally walk up to anchors on breaks and hand them completely biased statements to read about a particular event, and then howl at them if they didn't, Fox had it's premise = "Fair and Balanced". The rest and the ratings, like it or not, is history.

Aside:

So yeah, all you Crazy Left people who need to assign blame for everything? Blame Ted Turner for FOX News. It's like Michael Moore campaigning for Nader in 2000, and Nader getting 100k votes in Florida. Hmm. A parallel between stupid choices/actions and stupid ideology? :rolleyes: No coincidence.

Or, how about that whole "Captain Planet" cartoon? The guy was ruining his business. Ted Turner, the innovator, was destroying his creations beyond all reason. The people who invested in him weren't going to see their money thrown away over the political whims of a crazy person, or worse, his uneducated, burnt out and crazy wife.

All this for what? What makes sense? The only thing that does is: trying to impress Jane Fonda. Interesting that once he got rid of "the revolutionary", he suddenly has more success, got reinstated, and is now doing well once again. No coincidence there either. More importantly, the minute he started acting like a man again, instead of a weakling trying to impress a woman, he's so happy with himself that he decided to write a book about it. :w00t:

Three pieces of "common knowledge" that definitely apply to Ted Turner:

1. There is no level an "emotionally challenged"(emotionally weak) man won't stoop to in order to impress a woman, any woman, and the level they have stooped to, or are at, has a direct relationship to how much they end up paying, literally or figuratively, in the end.

2. This is one of many examples throughout history of a woman making a smart man turn dumb. No, it doesn't always happen. Many times just the opposite, um, Ozzy Osborne? It really depends on the woman, now doesn't it? If we are talking Jane Fonda, then yes, she is practically guaranteed to lower anyone's IQ 50 points. This can also work another way: if Abe Lincoln didn't have crazy-ass Mary Todd to come home to, he never would have found every way possible to get away from her. He needed the mother of all excuses, President of the US, to get off the hook. Thank God for us that she was such a nut.

3. Sooner or later, however, all men remember one thing: they are men, and that's right about the time when all hell breaks loose. In Turner's case, his "moment of clarity" came when he was thrown off his own board for biasing CNN so ferociously, thus opening the door for Fox News. When word got out that Turner would literally walk up to anchors on breaks and hand them completely biased statements to read about a particular event, and then howl at them if they didn't, Fox had it's premise = "Fair and Balanced". The rest and the ratings, like it or not, is history.

Aside:

So yeah, all you Crazy Left people who need to assign blame for everything? Blame Ted Turner for FOX News. It's like Michael Moore campaigning for Nader in 2000, and Nader getting 100k votes in Florida. Hmm. A parallel between stupid choices/actions and stupid ideology? :wallbash: No coincidence.

Or, how about that whole "Captain Planet" cartoon? The guy was ruining his business. Ted Turner, the innovator, was destroying his creations beyond all reason. The people who invested in him weren't going to see their money thrown away over the political whims of a crazy person, or worse, his uneducated, burnt out and crazy wife.

All this for what? What makes sense? The only thing that does is: trying to impress Jane Fonda. Interesting that once he got rid of "the revolutionary", he suddenly has more success, got reinstated, and is now doing well once again. No coincidence there either. More importantly, the minute he started acting like a man again, instead of a weakling trying to impress a woman, he's so happy with himself that he decided to write a book about it. :censored:

Interesting thesis. How about we just boil it down to the fact he is a dimwitted liberal moron?

The people saying "get out of Iraq immediately" are as dumb as the people who said the same during Vietnam.

Yeh, but if they don't keep saying, we will keep hearing things like "Mission Accomplished" The fact that people kept saying it made it a priority to cut our losses and leave as soon as reasonably possible. In Iraq, the same deal is roughly in place or don't you think Iraq will fall into ciaos once we leave and divide up as some have originally proposed.... Kurds in the North, Shiite in the Central East and South and Sunni's in the West and central.... but this is just me. The goal should be to limit the violence after we leave and get it somewhat resolved where the boundaries are.