Is it possible that Marv knew the ship was full of holes

BuffaloBill

I was suprised by Marv's quick exit after two years in the GM role. Hindsight suggests it was not health. I wonder if he knew the boat was full of holes and decided he did not want to stay around and watch it sink.

of course.

I was suprised by Marv's quick exit after two years in the GM role. Hindsight suggests it was not health. I wonder if he knew the boat was full of holes and decided he did not want to stay around and watch it sink.

That depends. How bad do you think this team is? After the first Miami game and the Jets game, did you leave with the impression that the better team won? I wouldn't pin Edwards' interceptions on Marv, or the team's inability to get a suitable backup to Reed with a second round pick on Marv.

Don't kid yourself; Marv was one of the biggest holes in the boat.

Be nice Bill.

Come on now...the dude is like 200 years old...is it really hard to believe that at his age the toll was just too much? Lets not forget about the stress too...

Everyone knew when he was hired it wasnt going to be long term just based on his age...no shocker he left when he did let alone some new conspiracy theory of jumping a sinking ship...

Marv left because Ralph, Tom, John, Dick & Russ wouldn't let him do anything.

Marv said it himself, he left because the pace was to slow and the 'GM' job he held required him to spend to much time on the marketing/business end and not enough on the football end.

I do remember, particualarly his last few months on the job, Marv taking some subtle shots at that franchise...referring to the "working within the constraints" of the Buffalo Bills, and "doing the best we can, with the way we have to do things" type comments. Maybe Marv didn't mean them as shots at Wilson, but, at the time, I remember being sort of bummed that Marv was leaving on a less than happy note, sounding a little frustrated, and happpy to be going. I never wanted him as our GM in the first place, not only because I thought he wasn't qualified, but I wanted his image as one of the best things to happen to the Bills, to stay in tact...I still love Marv, but as a GM, or whatever he was? Not so much. I actually think a year on the sidelines would have benefited this franchise more than anything he did in the front office. Which isn't saying much...

Oh now we're throwing Marv under the bus! Good grief. I mean, is Marv the one badly coaching the team? Is he the one dropping the passes and missing the tackles? How was he to know that Jauron was a loser? Or that none of his first crop of free agents would be worth a damn. Or all the other dumbsh*t the organization did while he was generally managing it.