The Dolphins, Parcells, coaching, etc.

nodnarb

I said it before the season started and Miami was being written off. They will be contenders, and the #1 reason is Parcells. Many hate the guy, perhaps because he beat us in That Game. But the day Parcells was hired by Miami, my shoulders sank. As if it wasn't hard enough with Belichick in our division. Parcells is as good as anybody alive at building teams. He knows how to find players better than anybody. When he was hired in Dallas, that team was a joke. Look at the talent there now. Romo, Witten, Ware, Barber...the list is long. He's doing the same in Miami; he's building a team that can and will beat New England. Hell, they've done it already, at Gillette, and the Bills haven't done it in five years.

Part of the problem the Bills have going forward, beyond the internal issues:

Two of the very best minds in the game, EVER, are leading teams in our division. Hate them as much as you want, but these are undeniable. "Inconvenient Truths", so to speak. Parcells pulls a lot more strings down there than he discusses. It's his nature, and he's good at it.

I honestly believe: The only way the Bills will have another shot at The Big Game, in the next five years...lure Parcells out of Miami and give him full control of the Bills operation, including coaching. Maybe he's too old, maybe he wouldn't want the job. But short of that, or Cowher, I don't see anybody out there who can beat Belichick and Parcells at least 3 times (3/4 games, establishing an edge).

To get There from our division requires elite coaching, because we have two first ballot Hall of Famers standing in our way. It's going to take like minds to beat these guys. I really like Dick Jauron, but if Wilson wants to win a SB in his lifetime, he had better recognize what's in our way, and take action to match wits with these guys.

Right now, it's not a fair fight.

I said it before the season started and Miami was being written off. They will be contenders, and the #1 reason is Parcells. Many hate the guy, perhaps because he beat us in That Game. But the day Parcells was hired by Miami, my shoulders sank. As if it wasn't hard enough with Belichick in our division. Parcells is as good as anybody alive at building teams. He knows how to find players better than anybody. When he was hired in Dallas, that team was a joke. Look at the talent there now. Romo, Witten, Ware, Barber...the list is long. He's doing the same in Miami; he's building a team that can and will beat New England. Hell, they've done it already, at Gillette, and the Bills haven't done it in five years.

Part of the problem the Bills have going forward, beyond the internal issues:

Two of the very best minds in the game, EVER, are leading teams in our division. Hate them as much as you want, but these are undeniable. "Inconvenient Truths", so to speak. Parcells pulls a lot more strings down there than he discusses. It's his nature, and he's good at it.

I honestly believe: The only way the Bills will have another shot at The Big Game, in the next five years...lure Parcells out of Miami and give him full control of the Bills operation, including coaching. Maybe he's too old, maybe he wouldn't want the job. But short of that, or Cowher, I don't see anybody out there who can beat Belichick and Parcells at least 3 times (3/4 games, establishing an edge).

To get There from our division requires elite coaching, because we have two first ballot Hall of Famers standing in our way. It's going to take like minds to beat these guys. I really like Dick Jauron, but if Wilson wants to win a SB in his lifetime, he had better recognize what's in our way, and take action to match wits with these guys.

Right now, it's not a fair fight.

If you think about it, he really has beat Marv Levy twice. Once in the Superbowl and once in the GM game, the second time being a blowout victory.

I don't think Parcells would come to Buffalo. As much as he's been promoted as a lunch pail type he's way too cosmopolitan a fellow to ever come here.

The Bills would do best to go one of three ways... throw the kitchen sink contract at Cowher, almost throw the kitchen sink at Spagnuolo or try to find the next Parcells, Belichick, Cowher, Fisher, Tomlin, Spagnuolo, Harbaugh ect. If they were going the last route I'd pick Raheem Morris. From everything I've read the guy looks like one of the bright young minds and personalities who will be the top head coaching prospect after he takes the reigns over for Kiffin in '09.

I do not want another retread who hasn't won anything, nor do I want an oversized ego jerk like Billick. Either go big or go out of the box.