How can Dick Jauron save his job?

Compromising photographs of Ralph?

3 straight convincing wins will probably do it as well, because we'll hear the excuse that the team met or - hold your nose - exceeded expectations (which it will have, given that market estimated the Bills to win 8 games) despite injuries to Edwards, Schobel, McGee, Whitner, and Simpson.

Ask Wade how much Ralph enjoys paying 2 head coach salaries ... so as long as Ralph believes season ticket sales won't complete implode by retaining Jauron, then it's the Caspar Milquetoast show again in 2009.

And - as to our reaction to that? The fans, including myself, will complain, moan, scream bloody murder, threaten to never watch the Bills again ... and then when preseason starts in 2009 we'll all be back on the bandwagon, trying to find a reason why James Hardy really looks like a young Randy Moss. :-)

In my book, he can't do anything, but perhaps you have an opinion?

Example: Win 3 straight games

If you believe he can't do anything, how will you react if he is not fired?

He can't and if Wilson keeps him at this point then Wilson sends a signal to the fans and the league that he accepts losing. I was a DJ suporter even through several of the losses. I now think he has lost the respect of the team, the fans, the league and hopefully the owner.

He doesn't even need to win any of our remaining games for me ....

I'm a big believer in continuity, I want him to stay ..... I really REALLY do ..... but

What has to happen is for the team to play with the same fire .... the same "crispness" as we did the first part of the season. I know we played against "flawed" teams BUT if you have recordings of those games just watch how they broke the huddle .... just look at how efficient they played ....... just look how crisp and decisive the whole team played ...... just look how they fought until the last play.

Shoot look at last year when we were basically a MASH unit ....... we played damn hard ..... got our butts kicked ..... be we went down fighting.

I can understand the other team having more talent than we do ........ I understand the possibility of the other team just having more desire because of playoff situations ........ shoot I can think of a zillion reason to lose a game, but we are loosing this year just because we have given up ....... and in my uneducated point of view that falls directly onto the Head Coach.

Fight hard ...... don't give up ..... go down swinging ....... and I don't want Dick to be fired

Go through the motions to collect a paycheck ........ I want Dick ridden out of town on a rail.

I'm a big believer in continuity, I want him to stay ..... I really REALLY do ..... but

What has to happen is for the team to play with the same fire .... the same "crispness" as we did the first part of the season. I know we played against "flawed" teams BUT if you have recordings of those games just watch how they broke the huddle .... just look at how efficient they played ....... just look how crisp and decisive the whole team played ...... just look how they fought until the last play.

Shoot look at last year when we were basically a MASH unit ....... we played damn hard ..... got our butts kicked ..... be we went down fighting.

I can understand the other team having more talent than we do ........ I understand the possibility of the other team just having more desire because of playoff situations ........ shoot I can think of a zillion reason to lose a game, but we are loosing this year just because we have given up ....... and in my uneducated point of view that falls directly onto the Head Coach.

Fight hard ...... don't give up ..... go down swinging ....... and I don't want Dick to be fired

Go through the motions to collect a paycheck ........ I want Dick ridden out of town on a rail.

Continuity is fine when You have a proven winner...Or even a Young, innovative Coach who has the promise of being a proven winner in time...

Dead Dick is a proven loser...One winning Season in 8 as a Head Coach...He will give You continuity...He will lose continuosly...

Is that the kind of continuity You believe in? :rolleyes:

If I were GM or Owner, the only thing that could save DJ's job is the playoffs or maybe even a win in the playoffs. And there is no way they are going to make the playoffs, the only scenario left is:

Bills win 3, Ravens lose 3, and Dolphins win the division.

If that happens the Bills make the playoffs, but realistically the Bills will have trouble winning any of the next 3. I really hate to say it, because I hate changing coaches every 3 years, but he needs to go. At the same time, if Ralph is not willing to pay for a head coach, who will they get to replace him? If the Bills aren't willing to pay much for a HC, what will they pay for a OC or DC? Usually the Bills are stuck with a first time OC or DC, because they are unwilling to pay. It's just frustrating! Do you keep a HC that's mediocre or roll the dice on another inexperienced or cheap coach? :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Bingo! Probably the best assessment I have read in these here parts.

The head coach's job is to prepare his team -- regardless of the talent level he has at his disposal -- to be prepared each week and play the best that they can play. Up until the mid-season collapse this year, I really felt like Jauron had done a pretty good job of doing exactly that. If nothing else, in his first two seasons as head coach, Jauron's teams always seemed to win the games that they were supposed to win. For whatever reason, that went by the wayside earlier this year to the point where we have lost 3-4 games that we had no business losing.

I think Jauron is what I would call a good coach for a bad team. He is best served working from adversity and trying to keep the damage down. That is his "gift". His conservative style normally keeps the team in the game -- but they just about always lose to the better team anyway. The fact that the loss is by a smaller margin is somewhat irrelevant, but it gives a false sense of actually being more competitive.

That damage control style was fine back in 2006 -- and even to a certain point last season. However, when the team got off to the hot start this season (mainly thanks to an easy schedule), he failed to build upon the momentum and help this team believe that they could do even better. The problem isn't necessarily with the conservatism. After all, passing the ball on 2nd and 3rd down from the 2 yard line certainly isn't conservative. The problem is that once he gets out of his safe haven of damage control, he doesn't know what to do! His best mode is a survival/hang-on-for-dear-life mode, rather than an aggressive/attack mode.

With better personnel -- that is, assuming you believe that the roster is better than it was a year or two ago -- the team needs a coach that is more in tune with knowing how to take that next step. I, for one, will be very interested in seeing how the final three games play out. I am not interested so much in W's as I am of the team giving a good account of itself.

Already signed his reported 3 year extension because Ralph will not eat 3 years of his contract.

Continuity is fine when You have a proven winner...Or even a Young, innovative Coach who has the promise of being a proven winner in time...

Dead Dick is a proven loser...One winning Season in 8 as a Head Coach...He will give You continuity...He will lose continuosly...

Is that the kind of continuity You believe in? :rolleyes:

I get it ..... but the point I was trying to make is that a simple win-loss record does not mean anything to me at this point as far as Dick staying or leaving ...... I want to see this team play hard aggressive efficient gutsy football ..... if we do, but lose the last three games then it's not a big deal.

It's the sleepwalking through games that make me want to call for his head.

So instead of getting a coach in here that would have the ability to build a winner you want to stick with the contunity of losing, alwaya playing soft, playing not to lose and no mental fortitude or toughness thats the contiunuty you want to keep? :lol:

The guy was a bad hire from the start especially with what was available... the experiment is over he is the epidome (sp) of mediocracy and sorry I am not a fan of that type of continuity :rolleyes::lol:

So instead of getting a coach in here that would have the ability to build a winner you want to stick with the contunity of losing, alwaya playing soft, playing not to lose and no mental fortitude or toughness thats the contiunuty you want to keep? :lol:

The guy was a bad hire from the start especially with what was available... the experiment is over he is the epidome (sp) of mediocracy and sorry I am not a fan of that type of continuity :rolleyes::lol:

no ... no .... no .... no

The point was I would base my feelings on attitude, not # of wins.

IF ..... DJ's teams played balls to the wall for 60 minutes per game every game ...... and his w/l record was 0-fer whatever, than his problem would have been talent and NOT coaching abilities and I would want him to stay.

However ...... if his team is playing like they are sleepwalking (like we are playing) his problem MAY not be talent, but an inability to motivate, or game plan, or what ever but it IS a coaching problem.

all things being equal ...... I'd take continuity with an average coach above changing coaches every two or three years looking for the Lombardi in the rough.

no ... no .... no .... no

The point was I would base my feelings on attitude, not # of wins.

IF ..... DJ's teams played balls to the wall for 60 minutes per game every game ...... and his w/l record was 0-fer whatever, than his problem would have been talent and NOT coaching abilities and I would want him to stay.

However ...... if his team is playing like they are sleepwalking (like we are playing) his problem MAY not be talent, but an inability to motivate, or game plan, or what ever but it IS a coaching problem.

all things being equal ...... I'd take continuity with an average coach above changing coaches every two or three years looking for the Lombardi in the rough.

So Poeticlaw was right. You are willing to accept mediocrity over potential success because you value continuity more than looking for a winner.

I will never understand people who willingly accept a second rate product or service with the reason of <xxxx>.

If I were GM or Owner, the only thing that could save DJ's job is the playoffs or maybe even a win in the playoffs. And there is no way they are going to make the playoffs, the only scenario left is:

Bills win 3, Ravens lose 3, and Dolphins win the division.

If that happens the Bills make the playoffs, but realistically the Bills will have trouble winning any of the next 3. I really hate to say it, because I hate changing coaches every 3 years, but he needs to go. At the same time, if Ralph is not willing to pay for a head coach, who will they get to replace him? If the Bills aren't willing to pay much for a HC, what will they pay for a OC or DC? Usually the Bills are stuck with a first time OC or DC, because they are unwilling to pay. It's just frustrating! Do you keep a HC that's mediocre or roll the dice on another inexperienced or cheap coach? :rolleyes::lol::lol:

You sure that will work? I thought the Bills only route to the playoffs was through a division crown which required the other teams losing out outside of a Miami - Jets tie.