What If...

Fire Jauron and hire Josh McDaniels as head coach,

From the pats website

Josh McDaniels enters his eighth NFL season and his eighth season in New England. He joined the Patriots on March 1, 2001 as a personnel assistant in the scouting department and assisted the defensive coaching staff for three seasons. He began serving as the Patriots' quarterbacks coach in 2004 and was named offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach on January 20, 2006.

McDaniels oversaw an offense that broke several NFL records in 2007, including points scored, touchdowns scored and most players scoring a touchdown. Under his tutelage, 2007 NFL MVP Tom Brady broke the NFL record for touchdown passes in a season (50) and led the league in both passing yards (4,806) and passer rating (117.2). Brady also set franchise marks in nearly every major passing category, while new wide receiver Wes Welker set the franchise record for receptions in a season (112). New acquisition Randy Moss broke the NFL record for touchdown receptions with 23 and set the Patriots' franchise record for receiving yards in a season (1,439). The Patriots offense also posted the franchise's highest average yards per rush in 22 seasons with 4.1 yards per carry and the team's 17 rushing touchdowns were the second highest total in the last 20 years.

Then the Bills grab Matt Cassel in free agency!

Double whammy against the Patriots....I like It!

Fire Jauron and hire Josh McDaniels as head coach,

Josh McDaniels enters his eighth NFL season and his eighth season in New England. He joined the Patriots on March 1, 2001 as a personnel assistant in the scouting department and assisted the defensive coaching staff for three seasons. He began serving as the Patriots' quarterbacks coach in 2004 and was named offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach on January 20, 2006.

McDaniels oversaw an offense that broke several NFL records in 2007, including points scored, touchdowns scored and most players scoring a touchdown. Under his tutelage, 2007 NFL MVP Tom Brady broke the NFL record for touchdown passes in a season (50) and led the league in both passing yards (4,806) and passer rating (117.2). Brady also set franchise marks in nearly every major passing category, while new wide receiver Wes Welker set the franchise record for receptions in a season (112). New acquisition Randy Moss broke the NFL record for touchdown receptions with 23 and set the Patriots' franchise record for receiving yards in a season (1,439). The Patriots offense also posted the franchise's highest average yards per rush in 22 seasons with 4.1 yards per carry and the team's 17 rushing touchdowns were the second highest total in the last 20 years.

Then the Bills grab Matt Cassel in free agency!

Double whammy against the Patriots....I like It!

You had me sort of understanding what you were on about...but suggesting us getting Matt Cassel made me realize that if you believe that, then everything else you say must be entirely false.

I like it too. There's no guarantees that anyone will win. A couple of other thoughts about it:

1. Getting Bledsoe from them got us a winning season (which looks pretty good about now) but all in all didn't pay off too much.

2. Josh McDaniel likes the shotgun. Isn't that what that idiot Turk does? We can't have any more of that.

3. Bring back Ted Catrell as DC.

Josh McDaniels handling a lot of offensive duties and Ted with the D. Bobby April on kick teams. Could work.

You had me sort of understanding what you were on about...but suggesting us getting Matt Cassel made me realize that if you believe that, then everything else you say must be entirely false.
Perhaps you think that McDaniels would take the Job in Buffalo with no other factors involved, I don't!

Allowing him to bring Cassel with him would show a commitment to him and give him a comfort that he knows he has a QB that can get the job done.

If I were McDaniel, I'd rather stay OC in New England than be a HC in Buffalo. Even if he wanted to realllly be a HC someday, there will be better opportunities than Buffalo.

This is more then likely true,he will be able to pick his city rather then take the lions or buffalo jobs,maybe Jacksonville