anyone ever have a "ganglion cyst" on their wrist?

The Poojer

I think i am growing one, not sure where it came from, i havent hit my wrist recently..gonna go to the dr on thursday....are there any natural cures to get rid of these? i do not want anyone smashing my wrist to make it go away, like i read is one of the treatments..... <_<

They are also called "Bible Cysts." When I was getting mine treated, my doctor told me they use to smash a bible on them and they would go away..

serious? doesnt it hurt? keep in mind i am not a brave man, and have a very low pain threshold

She could take some pain so I couldn't tell you. I know I made her scream quite a few times but that's a different story...

Honestly I think she said it hurt a bit but not too much. Chicks lie though so.... <_<

serious? doesnt it hurt? keep in mind i am not a brave man, and have a very low pain threshold

Yeah. I had one as a kid on my left wrist. Went to the Dr. and he took a book and gave it a wack. It went away no problem. It came back a couple times and I did the treatment myself. You can handle it!

I think i am growing one, not sure where it came from, i havent hit my wrist recently..gonna go to the dr on thursday....are there any natural cures to get rid of these? i do not want anyone smashing my wrist to make it go away, like i read is one of the treatments..... <_<

I had one come up on my left wrist in June of 2004. It swelled up in a matter of days. It persisted until this past summer. It would cause pain from time to time, but it wasn't chronic pain.

Do NOT smack it.

Because it may be just a cyst...or it may be a radial aneurysm of the wrist, or something else.

The physician that looked at mine sent me for an ultrasound test to see if it was an aneurysm. It wasn't - if it was it would have to have been surgically repaired.

http://www.emedicine.com/orthoped/TOPIC494.HTM

I think i am growing one, not sure where it came from, i havent hit my wrist recently..gonna go to the dr on thursday....are there any natural cures to get rid of these? i do not want anyone smashing my wrist to make it go away, like i read is one of the treatments..... :wub:

It aint your wrist you've been "hittin" that caused that <_< Just give it a whack, oh never mind, that's what got you into this mess in the first place.

I had one come up on my left wrist in June of 2004. It swelled up in a matter of days. It persisted until this past summer. It would cause pain from time to time, but it wasn't chronic pain.

Do NOT smack it.

Because it may be just a cyst...or it may be a radial aneurysm of the wrist, or something else.

The physician that looked at mine sent me for an ultrasound test to see if it was an aneurysm. It wasn't - if it was it would have to have been surgically repaired.

well o f course you rule out aneurysms and tumors etc....sheesh-----but if its just a benign cyst--yes wacking it sometimes does the trick

Yeah. I had one as a kid on my left wrist. Went to the Dr. and he took a book and gave it a wack. It went away no problem. It came back a couple times and I did the treatment myself. You can handle it!

Same happened with my sister the ole book trick worked for her too.

It might not be one of those things. Have you brushed up against any Canadians lately?

Do NOT smack it.

Common POOJ, I say just smack it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. A cyst on the wrist is worth two on the hand, but nothing if it's an aneurysm.

Cincy is just trying to drive up health care costs. :rolleyes: