State of Illinois boycotting Bank of America

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so even if you don't know how your company did as a whole you know how well your client base did evidently. I asked for stuff like that at one point. You told me it was impossible. Perhaps I missed something as usual.

Boy you've been waiting a long time to catch me haven't you. But sorry you didn't. I can tell you exactly how each of my clients individually has done over any given time compared to the benchmark. Individually. Your question was how my company has done as a whole. Nice try.

Are you suggesting that all is well in that senario if the Iowa company has a union contract? (Not that it would bother me any).

No, I'm saying that what I read gives me the impression that it's possible that the company closing is due to some under-handed shenanigans and the whole BoA thing is more smokescreen than anything else.

The union/non-union question is there to illustrate one of the obligations that management may and I stress may be attempting to walk away from.

I just find the management ties between the two companies curious, particularly in light of the declining orders for one company and the increasing orders for the other...

Well, BofA caved.

These guys are union members so they probably have these guarantees in their contract.

It's nice that the little guys win one.

Sure, for a cheap 'feel good' story. But do you really think it is a positive thing to have politicans strong arming banks into giving out bad loans that will result in higher borrowing costs for all the other 'little guys' out there?

Well, BofA caved.

These guys are union members so they probably have these guarantees in their contract.

It's nice that the little guys win one.

For every "little guy" who you think wins here there are a handful of other "little guys" who will lose. Do you think that BofA just decided to hand over a loan to a company that can't repay it with the complete acceptance that they'll never see the money? Is it possible you are even THAT naive?

BofA will get that money back. Not from the company, mind you, but from someone. Maybe you. Maybe me. But innocent people will end up picking up that tab.

No one wins here except BofA because they get to come out looking good while still jacking up costs in other areas to recoup the loss.

On the other hand, a liberal will NEVER understand that thinking. Ever. You folks are just happy to report that there's a new chicken in another pot without ever understanding that the chicken only came from someone else's pot.

For every "little guy" who you think wins here there are a handful of other "little guys" who will lose. Do you think that BofA just decided to hand over a loan to a company that can't repay it with the complete acceptance that they'll never see the money? Is it possible you are even THAT naive?

BofA will get that money back. Not from the company, mind you, but from someone. Maybe you. Maybe me. But innocent people will end up picking up that tab.

No one wins here except BofA because they get to come out looking good while still jacking up costs in other areas to recoup the loss.

On the other hand, a liberal will NEVER understand that thinking. Ever. You folks are just happy to report that there's a new chicken in another pot without ever understanding that the chicken only came from someone else's pot.

OH that's right. Stupid me. We're all doomed. We are ALL gonna lose. So why should 200 guys win? !@#$ them! Why should they get a victory?

Woe is me!

Gloom and doom!

The world sucks!

People are all evil!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

You know, I would usually agree with you. But these are different times. Do I feel sorry for BoA? Hell no! Am I glad 200 families may have a happy Christmas? Yes!

Do you honestly think BoA will deny a "little" guy a loan because of this? Please. The way things are going, they probably would not give a "little" guy with a plus credit a loan in the first place. We need to change our thinking about these big banks, corporations and our gov't. There may have been a day when they cared about main street America, but those days are long gone. They have been infected with greed,dishonesty and stealing. We need to stop making excuses for them, make them accountable. Show them they do not control us any longer. Until that day comes, I will put aside my politics and stand up for the little guys.

You know, I would usually agree with you. But these are different times. Do I feel sorry for BoA? Hell no! Am I glad 200 families may have a happy Christmas? Yes!

Do you honestly think BoA will deny a "little" guy a loan because of this? Please. The way things are going, they probably would not give a "little" guy with a plus credit a loan in the first place. We need to change our thinking about these big banks, corporations and our gov't. There may have been a day when they cared about main street America, but those days are long gone. They have been infected with greed,dishonesty and stealing. We need to stop making excuses for them, make them accountable. Show them they do not control us any longer. Until that day comes, I will put aside my politics and stand up for the little guys.

I'm confused here. Did the bank close the plant? Did the bank cause the plant to go out of business? Did the bank lay off the workers without giving them a 60 day notice? I think the answer to all those questions is a resounding NO! But because they're a big bank it's their fault...that big bad bank. Well I feel that that big bad bank made a business decision here and I think it's strange that no one is bitching about the company that went out of business and put it's employees out in the cold. I guess they just weren't big enough.

And maybe Tiny Tim will get up and walk too!

Reading this board has become exhausting.

:blink:

I'm confused here. Did the bank close the plant? Did the bank cause the plant to go out of business? Did the bank lay off the workers without giving them a 60 day notice? I think the answer to all those questions is a resounding NO! But because their a big bank it's their fault...that big bad bank. Well I feel that that big bad bank made a business decision here and I think it's strange that no one is bitching about the company that went out of business and put it's employees out in the cold. I guess they just weren't big enough.

Did the bank fleece the citizens of this fine country of BILLIONS? Yeah, poor bank. :blink:

OH that's right. Stupid me. We're all doomed. We are ALL gonna lose. So why should 200 guys win? !@#$ them! Why should they get a victory?

Woe is me!

Gloom and doom!

The world sucks!

People are all evil!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I kind of understand your inherent nature to rage at the machine because, let's face it, you're a liberal and that's what you do. As long as it LOOKS like there's a chicken in every pot, that's good enough. But what you are once again missing is that while these 200 people will now get some help, another 2000 people are going to lose as BofA takes the necessary steps to make this money back. You're not solving a problem here. You're shifting it. Moving it somewhere else where it's less noticeable and the press will pay it no mind.

Sorry if you have an incredibly difficult time understanding that. Or worse, you probably understand and think it's a good idea.

Bank of America had nothing to do with those people getting screwed out of their benefits.

There are plenty of reasons to have an attitude toward greed, dishonesty and theft. Unfortunately, BofA did none of those things to these employees. Their company did. The idea that BofA should actually give a loan to a company that is no longer in business is especially absurd.

I kind of understand your inherent nature to rage at the machine because, let's face it, you're a liberal and that's what you do. As long as it LOOKS like there's a chicken in every pot, that's good enough. But what you are once again missing is that while these 200 people will now get some help, another 2000 people are going to lose as BofA takes the necessary steps to make this money back. You're not solving a problem here. You're shifting it. Moving it somewhere else where it's less noticeable and the press will pay it no mind.

Sorry if you have an incredibly difficult time understanding that. Or worse, you probably understand and think it's a good idea.

Bank of America had nothing to do with those people getting screwed out of their benefits.

There are plenty of reasons to have an attitude toward greed, dishonesty and theft. Unfortunately, BofA did none of those things to these employees. Their company did. The idea that BofA should actually give a loan to a company that is no longer in business is especially absurd.

Once again, I normally would agree with you. But I think the greedy little fingers of these banking institutions did have a play in this economic mess we are in now. I agree, BoA should not give in, I also think we should not have given in to BoA's 15 billion bailout we gave them either. What's that old saying? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. In this case, the goose is a big fat corrupt bank.

When will you stop sticking up for these fat cats and start looking out for the common man? They don't need you or I to do there fighting. They have all the power. Unless you are a fat cat, you need to realize what side are you on?

Did the bank fleece the citizens of this fine country of BILLIONS? Yeah, poor bank. :blink:

Uh, no actually. Unless you care to explain who exactly was "fleeced" and how.

After that you can go back your mindless ranting because that's a whole lot easier than attempting to understand the issues at play.

When will you stop sticking up for these fat cats and start looking out for the common man? They don't need you or I to do there fighting. They have all the power. Unless you are a fat cat, you need to realize what side are you on?

Yes, banks exist for 'fat cats' and the 'common man' doesn't need them at all. Should let them all go belly up. Good grief! :blink::lol:

Tell us again how you 'normally' would agree with a common sense argument -- that's a good one.

Uh, no actually. Unless you care to explain who exactly was "fleeced" and how.

After that you can go back your mindless ranting because that's a whole lot easier than attempting to understand the issues at play.

Yes, banks exist for 'fat cats' and the 'common man' doesn't need them at all. Should let them all go belly up. Good grief! :blink::blink:

Tell us again how you 'normally' would agree with a common sense argument -- that's a good one.

Your smarter than that KD. You know exactly what I'm talking about. But keep beating on your political parties drum. Admit you care more about the wealthy, than the common man.

It's funny you should say what I put in bold. Exactly who is responsible and have the most to gain from the 15 Billion dollar bailout they received?