State of Illinois boycotting Bank of America

I'm not sure BOA is responsible but as you just said it was meant to help things from getting worse. I see it like the loans to the auto makers. If it's meant to keep things from crashing then they should be lending the money.

The automakers should go into bankruptcy - they've earned it.

The auto industry bailout is different...it's a jobs program. The bank bailouts were because the financial market system was literally about to freeze up.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The automakers should go into bankruptcy - they've earned it.

The auto industry bailout is different...it's a jobs program. The bank bailouts were because the financial market system was literally about to freeze up.

I'm just saying it could be argued that it makes sense, someway.

Management might be a little shady, no way to tell at this point. But nothing said there lends any credence to the anti-BoA stance taken by the idiots and opportunists.

It certainly appears that management was complicit in driving customer orders from the failing company in Illinois to the thriving company in Iowa. What isn't clear is the question of whether or not the Iowa Company has a union contract or not.

The BoA angle appears to me to be a smokescreen. Everyone is focused on BoA's refusal to make a bad loan while ignoring what could be an end around by company management killing the old union company (and dodging the collectively bargained fiduciary agreements) in favor of a new non-union company.

I don't know what the law is in a case like this but it appears to me that a smart, politically savvy prosecutor could have a field day with this situation.

I'm just saying you don't know if they could have done better or not.

A lot of the stuff you named is worth the advice but worthless to me. A friend of mine put his kid into college about 10 years ago and he said that hiring a college planner was the best money he'd ever spent.

Why is all of that worthless to you?

I don't pitch anything and how is that situation you mentioned the agent's fault? I'm not sure you phrased the second question properly but most of my clients have out performed (read sucked less) than the indices/benchmarks this year due to proper and conservative allocation. What else do I do? Hell you name it. Tax planning, basic and advanced estate planning, college planning, small business planning, 401k planning, mortgage planning. If it has to do with wealth (current, future, creating, protecting or distributing) my firm does it.

Why is all of that worthless to you?

I didn't say all of it. I said a lot of it.

Don't make enough to really care about tax planning, don't have kids, don't own a small business.

It certainly appears that management was complicit in driving customer orders from the failing company in Illinois to the thriving company in Iowa. What isn't clear is the question of whether or not the Iowa Company has a union contract or not.

The BoA angle appears to me to be a smokescreen. Everyone is focused on BoA's refusal to make a bad loan while ignoring what could be an end around by company management killing the old union company (and dodging the collectively bargained fiduciary agreements) in favor of a new non-union company.

Are you suggesting that all is well in that senario if the Iowa company has a union contract? (Not that it would bother me any).

That sucks. I had a similar thing happen many years ago. I worked with this girl and we got along really well, socialized outside the office, etc. We were pretty open and joked about inappropriate stuff all the time. One day out of the blue she decides it's 'uncomfortable' and writes a letter to HR about me. I didn't get fired, but learned a good lesson: don't mess around with girls at work -- unless you're f*&king them of course.

Tell me about this crap. Try telling some broad she has a sweet behind and the next thing you know you're hiring Donnie Cochrane to protect your assets. That dude isn't cheap. Anyway, sooner or later they all come begging for more. One day, Steely will turn a corner and there she'll be pointing her shoulders at him.

Sure, if you're a moron.

Why don't you and Rk have at it?

I see today Im at the top of youre "idiot" list today. Thats ok.

Let me tell you something Tommy.

Just becuause you know a lot of facts fact...and you do, I give you that....it doesnt make you "smart." Youre on the SAME "idiotic" message boards, arguing the SAME idiotic topics as me and everyone else, except you dont even have the balls to start your own threads. So whats that make you? Pretty small.

The only thing that's made me an idiot is that I let a small, little man like you, some third rate government clown belittle me. But no more.

Youre a small man, Tom. Small.

I don't pitch anything and how is that situation you mentioned the agent's fault? I'm not sure you phrased the second question properly but most of my clients have out performed (read sucked less) than the indices/benchmarks this year due to proper and conservative allocation. What else do I do? Hell you name it. Tax planning, basic and advanced estate planning, college planning, small business planning, 401k planning, mortgage planning. If it has to do with wealth (current, future, creating, protecting or distributing) my firm does it.

Ok, so even if you don't know how your company did as a whole you know how well your client base did evidently. I asked for stuff like that at one point. You told me it was impossible. Perhaps I missed something as usual.

I see today Im at the top of youre "idiot" list today. Thats ok.

Let me tell you something Tommy.

Just becuause you know a lot of facts fact...and you do, I give you that....it doesnt make you "smart." Youre on the SAME "idiotic" message boards, arguing the SAME idiotic topics as me and everyone else, except you dont even have the balls to start your own threads. So whats that make you? Pretty small.

The only thing that's made me an idiot is that I let a small, little man like you, some third rate government clown belittle me. But no more.

Youre a small man, Tom. Small.

:rolleyes: