First let me say a Qb is only as good as the players around him

Poeticlaw

So many times I read how each of our QBs suck then there are suggestions of QBs to bring in and they are shot full of holes. First there is no such thing as a perfect QB everyone has thier flaws. However, on this team the Flaw is the Recieving core PERIOD!!!! Outside of reed being stellar in the slot and lynch catching out of the back field we have no hands on this team no reciever who is willing to go all out to make the play. Say what you want about lee Evans he is nothing more than a deep threat reciever as long as its single coverage. Lee evans is not a play maker hes a burner. We need to get a TE or 2 that can trully catch the ball. I admit I was one of those calling for Josh Reed to be cut from this team but I still stick to my first though he is not a #1 or 2 receiver hes a slot guy and thats where he shines underneath and over the middle. Parrish needs to go and we need a # 1 Receiever move lee evans to # 2 where he will have more single coverage and be more helpful to his team. Finally we need a true center on who can call the line audibles correctly and open holes for the RB's and protect the QB. The players dont need to be of star caliber they just need to play their positions effeciently and with the desire to beat the opponets not be afriad to take a hit and are willing to go all out to make the catch or get the first down.

Name 3 running backs who played behind Dan Marino.

How about John Elway?

Who were the WRs that Brett Favre took to the Super Bowl? Any HoFers? Who was his Rb that day? Barry Sanders?

It is true that mediocre QBs can be made to look good with excellent personnell it is false that one cannot see the talent unless it is surrounded by talent.

But...I thought we just wasted a second round draft pick on Wide Reciever?

BTW, I agree with your QB assessment to a degree. Yeah, JP Losman wouldn't be half as bad if he were on the Giants... But he is doing nothing to turn the tide. We have viable "playmakers" in Reed, Lynch, and Jackson. That's enough to get started.

For the most I disagree with your Evans assessment. He's often open in coverage, and Trent ignored him this season, and so it leads one to believe he's not open...which is not the case.

Not making excuses for JP but I think he hasn't given a shiiit since last season. Sure he says all the right things and plays the part but IMHO he could care less about winning/losing he is just looking forward to exit stage left from this pathetic organization the minute the season is over. Who could blame him.

Not making excuses for JP but I think he hasn't given a shiiit since last season. Sure he says all the right things and plays the part but IMHO he could care less about winning/losing he is just looking forward to exit stage left from this pathetic organization the minute the season is over. Who could blame him.

Well he's not helping his chances with other teams, they watch the games too. He is costing himself some big dollars.

At this point J.P. may not be good enough to me a starter and not have the mental makeup to be a good backup- he needs a lot of reps- his best chance would be if a team loss their starter early in the preseason and he could get a starting position- the J.P. of 2006 was an average QB but he has regressed since then- but you are damn right that the Bills don't do much to help a QB out- been this way since Bledsoe if Kelly had these sad sacks around him he would of gone ballistic "get me someone who can get open and catch the damn ball" " and I mean right f**king now"!!!!

How about John Elway?

Who were the WRs that Brett Favre took to the Super Bowl? Any HoFers? Who was his Rb that day? Barry Sanders?

It is true that mediocre QBs can be made to look good with excellent personnell it is false that one cannot see the talent unless it is surrounded by talent.

Brett Farve had Barry Sanders, Mark Chumara, Robert brooks and Antonia Freeman-Sorry dude proved my point!!!

How about John Elway?

John Elway had Terrel Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Erick Maccaffery and Rod Smith-Sorry dude you proved my point again

Brett favre never had Barry Sanders on his team.

Sure he did. Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton, OJ Simpson, Emmit Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Gale Sayers.

Oh, do I ever remember that one time back in...oh what was it? '85? When Brett Favre called that draw play at the line and let Peyton just tear through the Patriots line? Those were the days man.

Brett Farve had Barry Sanders, Mark Chumara, Robert brooks and Antonia Freeman-Sorry dude proved my point!!!

Favre's RB was Dorsey Levens, a nice player but certainly not a HoF player. He also had an old Andre Rison and Antonio Freeman. Mark Chmura wasn't on the Super Bowl team. The point was yes, those were nice players but he wasn't on a stacked team. He made them better, not vice versa. Hell, this year Favre has Laveraneus Coles, Jerricho Cotchery and Thomas Jones. That's not setting the world ablaze with talent.

Re: Elway, you named one RB. I'll give you two more. Sammy Winder and Bobby Humphrey. He took Sammy Winder to 3 Super Bowls. At no point will you see his bust in Canton.

3 of Marino's RBs were Sammie Smith, Terry Kirby, and Keith Byars. Not a world beater among them yet Danny boy managaed to show you he was a pretty decent QB.

The QB who I think best makes YOUR argument is Troy Aikman. He had Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin, Jay Novacek and the best offensive line in football. Without those guys I don't know if Aikman is a HoF QB. With them he was.

Right now our skill players aren't terrible. Evans is a decent WR, Lynch is a good RB, if we could use Parrish better he's a dynamic player. It's not like we have Booker Moore, Perry Tuttle and Tony Richardson out there on offense.

JP's NFL "career" is down to 3 more games. He won't be on anyone's opening day roster. Whoever signs him to his new miniscule $ contract will cut him by September 2009.

It's not that he doesn't care, it's that he gets worse every game.

The week of reps really made a diffrence. No reps, he looks like a viable 3rd stringer. Reps & he looks like a guy off the street.