I've lost all respect for Vic Carruci

1billsfan

And you lose all credibility when you suggest that a trusted and venerable sports journalist "doesn't get it". It's good to know that you lose all respect for somebody when they don't share your opinion. But yeah, you're more knowledgeable than a football journalist.

Yes, I understand your point, but give me a break, fans in any instance can be as knowledgeable as a sports journalist, the only difference is for the journalist it's a profession. What it looks like you're saying is that journalists can't be wrong because since they're professionals, they know more.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, you sure do know how to kill a post.

You are going to defend Losman again, after yet another miserable loss? :bag: Did you watch the game? Gannon, at the very beginning of the telecast, winced when he mentioned Losman's name.

He also said that a quarterback has to throw certain types of passes to different receivers. Ringing a bell?

I told you, the same thing happened to me with Rob Johnson. I just wouldn't, couldn't believe that a guy with that much freaking talent wasn't a good qb. I was wrong then, and you are wrong now. Take the keys and your belongings out of the excusemobile, pour some gasoline in it, light a match, and accept the fact that JP Losman sucks as an NFL Quarterback. You will soon feel much better. B-):)

He had every right to blast Losman! I even stated that Losman DESERVED all of the final darts thrown at him. Please re-read the post. It was about Carruci's defending of Dick Jauron AFTER he blasted Losman. It flies in the face of reason that Losman is terrible, yet Jauron is ok given the track record of BOTH player and coach. It really irked me that he somehow had the balls to tamp down the Jauron bashing coming in from the callers, yet pile on Losman. At least Losman does still have the REMOTE possibility of becoming a good QB after a whole bunch of years in the league like Rich Gannon did. Dick Jauron has had 8 years to prove he will never become a good head coach and Carruci needs to wake up to that actuality.

Everybody who says well Dick didn't under throw the pass, or kick the ball, or drop the pass. True, but it is Dicks job to make these guys practice well enough to make the pass, make the kick, and make the catch. So yes it is Dicks fault, he is not conditioning these guys enough, practicing these guys in a manner that helps them succeed, or does Dick manage the game in a way to help them succeed. Time to go Dick !

Everybody who says well Dick didn't under throw the pass, or kick the ball, or drop the pass. True, but it is Dicks job to make these guys practice well enough to make the pass, make the kick, and make the catch. So yes it is Dicks fault, he is not conditioning these guys enough, practicing these guys in a manner that helps them succeed, or does Dick manage the game in a way to help them succeed. Time to go Dick !

ummmm...no..If a a NFL qb who has been in the league 5 yrs cant keep the ball in the field of play on a long bomb then there are problems other than coaching..Mistakes are gonna happen..The problem with Jp is they happen at the worse times and when games are on on the line and when big plays are there to be made..Thats not coaching thats just a bad QB.. B-)

ummmm...no..If a a NFL qb who has been in the league 5 yrs cant keep the ball in the field of play on a long bomb then there are problems other than coaching..Mistakes are gonna happen..The problem with Jp is they happen at the worse times and when games are on on the line and when big plays are there to be made..Thats not coaching thats just a bad QB.. B-)

Sh_t seems to happen to Dick Jauron an awful lot (to the tune of seven of eight losing seasons).

Sh_t seems to happen to Dick Jauron an awful lot (to the tune of seven of eight losing seasons).

Yep. Dick just has had a run of bad luck. Lots and lots of it. If not for the bad luck he'd be just as good a coach as Belicheat. Don't forget JP's bad QB play when Dick was with Chicago. B-)

Yep. Just like in Chicago, right?

Dont even start wolf..If you really think that the reason they lost yesterday was anything but bad qbing this can stop now..Dick Jauron is not a very good headcoach but he didnt underthrow Lee in the endzone didnt get sacked and fumble didnt theave the ball 12 yards out of bounds or miss 2 other long bombs by miles..Thats not his fault...Jaurons problems are game management related...If his players play like JP did yesterday the only mistake he made there was not putting in Hamden....You mght be able to fault him for that and that alone in regards to Qbing...Jp wont even make the Nfl next yr at this rate..Thats not Jaurons fault, Hell its probably not even JPs fault that he sucks..

cincy! flashing some boobage in that avatar taday! B-)

Today? :bag:

Are you blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night? :)

Carrying on with the theft...

Recap: MIA@BUF@TOR

"With a boulder on my shoulder feelin' kinda older I tripped the merry-go-round

With this very unpleasing sneezing and wheezing the calliope crashed to the ground

The calliope crashed to the ground."

:sick:

Jauron's had 52 losses head coaching teams that didn't have Losman starting at quarterback. B-)

Either way we are arguing over 2 ridiculous points..

1. Jauron needs to go

2.JP needs to go..

If neither happens we will be in the same boat next yr..One is assured to happen the other might not..

Dont even start wolf..If you really think that the reason they lost yesterday was anything but bad qbing this can stop now..Dick Jauron is not a very good headcoach but he didnt underthrow Lee in the endzone didnt get sacked and fumble didnt theave the ball 12 yards out of bounds or miss 2 other long bombs by miles..Thats not his fault...Jaurons problems are game management related...If his players play like JP did yesterday the only mistake he made there was not putting in Hamden....You mght be able to fault him for that and that alone in regards to Qbing...Jp wont even make the Nfl next yr at this rate..Thats not Jaurons fault, Hell its probably not even JPs fault that he sucks..

Not a very good head coach? B-)

Sure! This lifeless, passionless and non-competitive team has nothing to with with their lifeless, passionless and non-competitive head coach! :bag:

Not a very good head coach...dude, HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Sure! This lifeless, passionless and non-competitive team has nothing to with with their lifeless, passionless and non-competitive head coach! :bag:

You are correct..

Just like JP...Get rid of both

You don't have to worry about getting rid of JP.

Jauron and his phantom 3 year contract extension is another story.

Do you really think Jauron is gonna be the head coach next year after this collapse??? No freaking way..As senile as Ralph is it wont happen...He saw what has transpired..He might be stubborn but he aint stupid...I wouldnt get to panicky right yet..They still have more games to go to bury their head coach..I am 100% positive they wont play for him...

JP played as poorly yesterday as I've ever seen him play- still, the blame doesn't fall mainly on him. We were manhandled at the line of scrimmage- I think we can agree on that. You can win once in awhile when that happens, but we don't have the playmakers to do that. On his endzone interception, I was furious at Lee Evans on that one- sure, it goes on JP's stats, but Evand HAS to break that up.

On Jauron, I'm past the point of caring. I think he's an ok coach, but that doesn't matter at this point....this team flat out lacks talent. Rich Kotite could be the coach for all I care right now. Langston Walker takes 10 minutes to get out of his stance....I'm surprised he can get off the field when the defense is out there. If they fire Jauron, they will bring in a retread who will come on the cheap....who cares.

Wilson chased Polian, Butler and Donahoe out. Apparently even Levy didn't like working with him. For all the fire directed at Butler- look at his work in building a team from scratch in San Diego- Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Nate Kaeding, Ladanian Tomlinson............

Don't even start? Whatever. The point was that while JP did not play a good game by any stretch of the word, the entire offense came out and laid another egg and generally looked unprepared and unmotivated. As the head coach, the buck stops with Dick. PERIOD.

Fact is that a guy who is destined to be a career backup came in and ran the offense as efficiently as the Bills' "QB of the Future" did last week, and that Dick's team -- NOT JP's -- has pissed away a 4-0 start and is staring at yet another losing campaign.