I've lost all respect for Vic Carruci

1billsfan

I used to have very high respect for Vic Carruci. I always thought he had the right angles when it came to all things Buffalo Bills related. Well that's gone out the door. I was listening to the post game talk stuff and hearing fan after fan letting Carruci know what they thought of the coaching incompetence and time after time Vic would hem and haw and give those same tired and empty excuses about the players having to take most of the blame. He even went so far as to rip Losman as badly as any reporter could rip into a player, but for some idiotic reason, Vic Carruci had a big soft spot for the head coach Dick Jauron. A man who has proven five times over to be a much bigger loser in the NFL than Losman. While Losman deserves the final darts being thrown his way, for anyone (and this includes you Vic!) to still support this loser of a head coach when he's been such a suckingly consistent proven loser who has been bad at his job for 7 of 8 NFL seasons, you lose ALL credibility. Vic you don't get it, the players are sucking because of who's in charge. If you want to know what a difference a coach makes, take a look at the once 1-15 Dolphins who are now 8-5 a year later.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have very high respect for Vic Carruci. I always thought he had the right angles when it came to all things Buffalo Bills related. Well that's gone out the door. I was listening to the post game talk stuff and hearing fan after fan letting Carruci know what they thought of the coaching incompetence and time after time Vic would hem and haw and give those same tired and empty excuses about the players having to take most of the blame. He even went so far as to rip Losman as badly as any reporter could rip into a player, but for some idiotic reason, Vic Carruci had a big soft spot for the head coach Dick Jauron. A man who has proven five times over to be a much bigger loser in the NFL than Losman. While Losman deserves the final darts being thrown his way, for anyone (and this includes you Vic!) to still support this loser of a head coach when he's been such a suckingly consistent proven loser who has been bad at his job for 7 of 8 NFL seasons, you lose ALL credibility. Vic you don't get it, the players are sucking because of who's in charge. If you want to know what a difference a coach makes, take a look at the once 1-15 Dolphins who are now 8-5 a year later.

And you lose all credibility when you suggest that a trusted and venerable sports journalist "doesn't get it". It's good to know that you lose all respect for somebody when they don't share your opinion. But yeah, you're more knowledgeable than a football journalist.

I've been saying for awhile that Carucci isn't close to the same reporter he once was. And while I agree that it's more the offense that's the problem, Jauron hasn't distinguished himself as being a winning coach.

And you lose all credibility when you suggest that a trusted and venerable sports journalist "doesn't get it". It's good to know that you lose all respect for somebody when they don't share your opinion. But yeah, you're more knowledgeable than a football journalist.

Sorry, but yes I do feel that anyone who still thinks that Dick Jauron is a capable head football coach in this league is clueless. Vic has lost all credibility with me because of this very subject. That's the reason why I started this thread. As for being knowledgeable, why did it take the local Buffalo media until after yesterday's game to talk about the insane coaching deferrals when I've been talking about this since the Miami game in October? Why are they all of a sudden noticing Jauron's horrible coaching skills, I was screaming about Jauron's suckitude last year when this team ended the season by flat out quitting on him. Hate to break it to you, but football journalists are no more smarter than you or I. They just have better inside sources.

I've been saying for awhile that Carucci isn't close to the same reporter he once was. And while I agree that it's more the offense that's the problem, Jauron hasn't distinguished himself as being a winning coach.

And during the game 97 rock's homer John Murphy blast Losman for no pocket presence after he gets sack the play after Peters is injuried a the sub can not handle the job a gives up the sack. Mark Kelso was quick to say to John Murphy why did the Bills not help out Peters replacement. It was not Losman fault. I loved it. Kelso "teaching" blowhard Murphy a little about football.

So you only respect people you agree with?

Excuse thread number 8 billion..Dont blame it on JP.Blame it on the head coach who threw the 3 long bombs nowhere near his receivers..Or the fade pattern Jauron underthrew by 4 yards..LOL..Whats lost in all this hatred towards DicK Jauron is the fact if his players on his team made plays in 3 of the past weeks we would be tied at the top of the division..

And during the game 97 rock's homer John Murphy blast Losman for no pocket presence after he gets sack the play after Peters is injuried a the sub can not handle the job a gives up the sack. Mark Kelso was quick to say to John Murphy why did the Bills not help out Peters replacement. It was not Losman fault. I loved it. Kelso "teaching" blowhard Murphy a little about football.

I won't absolve Losman of any blame. He played poorly.

JP was probably the biggest reason we lost. sorry. I used to really like him but he's a bum. He'll be out of the league next year cause no team wants a known bum when they can have a mid or late round rookie who might not be.

That said I'm getting pretty sick of how this team doesn't seem prepared to play, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. That is on the coaches.

Boy, you sure do know how to kill a post.

You are going to defend Losman again, after yet another miserable loss? ;) Did you watch the game? Gannon, at the very beginning of the telecast, winced when he mentioned Losman's name.

He also said that a quarterback has to throw certain types of passes to different receivers. Ringing a bell?

I told you, the same thing happened to me with Rob Johnson. I just wouldn't, couldn't believe that a guy with that much freaking talent wasn't a good qb. I was wrong then, and you are wrong now. Take the keys and your belongings out of the excusemobile, pour some gasoline in it, light a match, and accept the fact that JP Losman sucks as an NFL Quarterback. You will soon feel much better. :lol::lol:

Boy, you sure do know how to kill a post.

You are going to defend Losman again, after yet another miserable loss? ;) Did you watch the game? Gannon, at the very beginning of the telecast, winced when he mentioned Losman's name.

He also said that a quarterback has to throw certain types of passes to different receivers. Ringing a bell?

I told you, the same thing happened to me with Rob Johnson. I just wouldn't, couldn't believe that a guy with that much freaking talent wasn't a good qb. I was wrong then, and you are wrong now. Take the keys and your belongings out of the excusemobile, pour some gasoline in it, light a match, and accept the fact that JP Losman sucks as an NFL Quarterback. You will soon feel much better. :lol::lol:

Nice post, Bill. Very true.

For better or for worse, reporters have to maintain a working relationship with the sports clubs they write about.

What about his previous 30+ starts in the NFL? He didn't develop his reputation based off of a couple of games.

I don't know what game some of you were watching yesterday but J.P. would go into scramble mode when defenders were 7-8 yards away from him. He had more time to let plays develop and he didn't. But it wasn't entirely his fault. Calling a pass from a 1st and goal, at the 3 yard line, when you have Marshawn Lynch is stupid. I can't relay how stupid it is because it's beyond comprehension. Why? I just don't get it.

I don't know what game some of you were watching yesterday but J.P. would go into scramble mode when defenders were 7-8 yards away from him. He had more time to let plays develop and he didn't. But it wasn't entirely his fault. Calling a pass from a 1st and goal, at the 3 yard line, when you have Marshawn Lynch is stupid. I can't relay how stupid it is because it's beyond comprehension. Why? I just don't get it.

They actually said it was a run play & Losman audibled out to a pass play.

You are going to defend Losman again, after yet another miserable loss? :lol: Did you watch the game? Gannon, at the very beginning of the telecast, winced when he mentioned Losman's name. He also said that a quarterback has to throw certain types of passes to different receivers. Ringing a bell?

Yes, it does ring a bell. And Gannon should know. If only Gannon remembered to throw certain types of passes to different receivers, he wouldn't have thrown so many passes to different defenders during his most awesome Super Bowl appearance.

Yes, it does ring a bell. And Gannon should know. If only Gannon remembered to throw certain types of passes to different receivers, he wouldn't have thrown so many passes to different defenders during his most awesome Super Bowl appearance.

...or for the first 10 years of his career.