This article sums up a lot of things for us.........

Toronto's no home away from home for Peters

Bills tackle lets off steam after loss

By Allen Wilson

NEWS SPORTS REPORTER

Story tools:

* Larger

* Smaller

* Save

* Print

* Email

Share this story:

Buzz up!

Add to My Yahoo!

TORONTO — Jason Peters is not the most talkative member of the Buffalo Bills. He's one who would rather be seen and not heard.

But when the veteran left tackle has something to say, it's worth taking note. He had a lot to say — none of it good — after the Bills' 16-3 loss to the Miami Dolphins at the Rogers Centre. So we present to you Jason Peters, unplugged.

On the Bills playing a home game in Toronto:

"I don't like it at all," he said. "I wish we were playing in Orchard Park."

Peters believes the Bills lose a big part of their home-field advantage playing indoors instead of outside in the frigid weather at Ralph Wilson Stadium. But what really incurred Peters' wrath were the Bills' fans, or lack thereof, in the dome.

"When you've got a home game and the crowd is supposed to cheer, they were cheering more for the Dolphins," he said. "I wasn't here in the preseason, so I don't know how it was then. But that stunned me. They're not even cheering on third down. They're not cheering when we do get a first down. They're just sitting there like they don't know what's going on. I hate the idea of us playing here. It's crazy.

"That's why you play at home. It's home-field advantage. You feed off the crowd. We had no energy whatsoever."

Other players shared Peters' view on playing games in Toronto, though they were far more diplomatic about it.

Many of them said they missed the atmosphere at Ralph Wilson Stadium, which is filled with loud, partisan fans.

"No, it didn't feel like home-field advantage," quarterback J.P. Losman said. "It was pretty quiet. It wasn't a typical Bills game. It wasn't near the loud-factor that you would like to have. But with that said, we didn't give them much to cheer about anyways."

The Dolphins certainly enjoyed this road trip more than most.

"It didn't feel like we were playing an away game," Miami running back Ronnie Brown said.

But as right tackle Langston Walker pointed out, money talks.

The Bills are making $9.75 million for each of the eight games that will be played in Toronto over five years. That overrules any opinion the players may have.

"Obviously, the NFL is about making money," linebacker Kawika Mitchell said. "If that is what they are doing, that's what they are doing. Other than that, as long as they are making money I am getting paid, so do what you do."

Back to Peters, his rant wasn't just limited to playing in Toronto.

He was angry and frustrated about yet another putrid offensive showing. What really riled him was the play calling, especially as it pertained to running back Marshawn Lynch.

Lynch, who was coming off a 134-yard performance, was held to 31 yards on 13 carries. But Peters felt the lack of a running game was due to a lack of commitment to it.

"I wouldn't say we couldn't run the ball," he said. "If you only get 10 rushes, what can you do with that? We just have to keep pounding it. We've got to believe we can run it. If you run the ball a couple of times and then they stop you it doesn't mean you just give up on it. You just have to keep going and believe you can do it.

"We've got one of the best running backs in the league, and we've got a great backup. We've got to get him going. That's why we drafted him. He can run the ball and we're not giving him enough carries to get his run game going. I don't understand it." Finally calming down, Peters expressed the feelings of everyone in the Bills' locker room.

"We just got to get better," he said. "If a play's called we've got to execute it, run or pass."

I see Peters is pissed about play calling as he should be, Mitchell says if the NFL is playing games in Toronto and getting paid for it, its cool with him.......And it's official NOONE in Toronto cares about the Bills, thought that was the city that was suppose to be there to help support the Buffalo Bills......Guess that experiment failed you huh Ralph? Got a phat check book cause of it now. Throw the "TRUE" LOYAL Bills fans under the bus for a quick 78 million is what you did.....scum bag.

What a sh-- article. These guys are blaiming the lack of fan support and cheering now?! Are you fuking serious??! Do your job and give the fans something to cheer about. Boo hoo Toronto isnt Orchard Park, noooo sh-- geniuses.

Mitchell has that I couldnt give a sh-- less attitude, he got his money good for you Kawika.

From top to bottom this team is hard to stomach. Its tough to find one true spot to point the blame here.

Defense played their butts of yesterday. They were on the field all game, granted Pennington dinked and dunked a few 1st downs that they shouldnt have but for the most part they have been solid.

The Turd experiment didnt work folks, he coached the games from the booth because he didnt want to be that close to the debacle. See ya Schonert.

Otherwise I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

What a sh-- article. These guys are blaiming the lack of fan support and cheering now?! Are you fuking serious??! Do your job and give the fans something to cheer about. Boo hoo Toronto isnt Orchard Park, noooo sh-- geniuses.

OK...so...many of us complained about how some of the players seemed to prefer playing in the warm, comfortable conditions of the dome, yet you come off with this drivel???

I'm glad these players said what they said. Losman even acknowledged how schitty they played. What do you want them to say???

As far as the playing in the frigid weather comment, don't the Bills practice indoors, and only play outside on game day? They don't even play like the Bills were known for in cold weather any more. They play like a warm weather team in cold weather now.

OK...so...many of us complained about how some of the players seemed to prefer playing in the warm, comfortable conditions of the dome, yet you come off with this drivel???

I'm glad these players said what they said. Losman even acknowledged how schitty they played. What do you want them to say???

Im tired of excuse after excuse. Would the outcome have been any different if they were in Buffalo? Or oopened the dome. NO, this team does not execute, they didnt do it last week when it counted and it ran over into Toronto. The offensive play calling is terrible, that should take about 75% of the blame. But the fact of the matter is these guys are highly paid professionals and they are mailing it in.

As far as the playing in the frigid weather comment, don't the Bills practice indoors, and only play outside on game day? They don't even play like the Bills were known for in cold weather any more. They play like a warm weather team in cold weather now.

Exactly its not an excuse.