One of the problems

BeastMode54

Exactly.

Listen, I think we have the some of the best fans in the world. But, I'm sick of hearing from my Bills fan brethren, "Here we go again" or "We;re gonna lose" or "It's Trent's fault or JP's fault"< etc, etc etc. I'm not from Buffalo, or Rochester, or Binghampton. I grew up right outside of NYC in Yonkers. I go to EVERy Bills game at McFaddens and I watch them win or lose. BUT, whether people agree with me or not, there is a certain negativity. A harsh negativity from certain fans, on a consistent basis. And I can;t take it. When we got the ball with 2 minutes left, I was up screaming for our team, but 90 pct. of the people were talking sh--, crying and complaining. I'm not saying that we have a history of NFL championship teams, but our attitutude needs to change

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Add to the consecutive years of futility, the very justified fear of the realization, that some of us who have been Bills fans for our entire lives (for me 43 years), may have the plug pulled on our love for the team, with very little to show for it...the fans aren't the problem...or even part of it...

The fans are one of the problems?

How many blocks did we miss today? How many passes did we drop? How many third-and-long conversions did we allow?

WIN, or at least make us think the players and coaches give a crap about the game, and maybe most of the fans stop finding things to complain about.

Damn right.

The fans are the only good thing about the team right now. Nine effin years without playoffs and we STILL pack the house and cheer. Ever-supporting our team. Buffalo is lucky to have such great loyal fans. Most of the people in Toronto weren't Bills fans. Most of the real fans watched at home because the TO thing is scary.

How great are the fans? Well this fan, despite all the heartache he's endured this year (and years past), is going to renew his season tickets without hesitation. And guess what. I'm gonna talk smack all offseason about how good we're gonna be and when we go 1-0 to start the season I'm gonna already be talkin Super Bowl.

And guess what else. Come December 28th when we're already eliminated from the playoffs and it's beyond frigid and frozen in Orchard Park I'm gonna show up to the Ralph and cheer on my Bills like it's the Super Bowl.

The fans are the problem? Please.

The Bills OWE US.

The Bills OWE US.

They really don't. I know thats the sentiment of this generation that everybody owes you something, but the fact that the NFL can exist in a place like Buffalo, NY, absolutely amazes me. I communicate with Bills and Browns fans by choice and Arizona, Denver, Dallas and Houston fans by location. Bills fans claims to be the best fans in the league more than any of those groups and they whine more too.

I am not saying to stop complaining, just stating a fact.

Listen, I think we have the some of the best fans in the world. But, I'm sick of hearing from my Bills fan brethren, "Here we go again" or "We;re gonna lose" or "It's Trent's fault or JP's fault"< etc, etc etc. I'm not from Buffalo, or Rochester, or Binghampton. I grew up right outside of NYC in Yonkers. I go to EVERy Bills game at McFaddens and I watch them win or lose. BUT, whether people agree with me or not, there is a certain negativity. A harsh negativity from certain fans, on a consistent basis. And I can;t take it. When we got the ball with 2 minutes left, I was up screaming for our team, but 90 pct. of the people were talking sh--, crying and complaining. I'm not saying that we have a history of NFL championship teams, but our attitutude needs to change

And how old are you?

I'm gonna catch some heat for this post, but I can't stand it anymore. Am I happy with the Bills, no. But my god. No matter what happens, win or lose, I can't think of another whiny, cry me an f-ing river bunch of fans. What bothers me even more are the, "I'm so clever, I came up with a cool title for my post, and then I'm going to sh-- all over he Bills, and whine and cry, blah blah blah." I'm sick of this There is such a negative attitude with our fans. Something goes bad and we think there's no chance. I'm sick of it. I know all of you aren't like this, but it seems like more than enough are. We have good players, a coach who might or might not be here, but the constant is teh fans. And I'll tell you...we suck.

Right on, brother. I get frustrated during games like everybody else. But for those who are still bitching and whining the day AFTER the game? (and who will continue to do so into tuesday, wednesday, thursday, etc...), get an effing grip. You treat Wilson, Jauron, JP, and the gang as if they've personally sleighted you. As if they've reneged on a sacred responsibility to make you happy every Sunday. Guess what, it's a game that we like to watch. The players are in it for themselves, and we are along for the ride. Don't take it so personally. If you're one of those people who says "well I've been a fan for 43 years and I deserve a Superbowl", you don't deserve anything. You watch a football game once a week for a 4 month period and you deserve something? Where does this sense of entitlement come from?

I watch the Bills because I love Buffalo, I love sports (the athleticism, the competition, the statistics, everything really), but I'm aware that I don't deserve anything.

I'm gonna catch some heat for this post, but I can't stand it anymore. Am I happy with the Bills, no. But my god. No matter what happens, win or lose, I can't think of another whiny, cry me an f-ing river bunch of fans. What bothers me even more are the, "I'm so clever, I came up with a cool title for my post, and then I'm going to sh-- all over he Bills, and whine and cry, blah blah blah." I'm sick of this There is such a negative attitude with our fans. Something goes bad and we think there's no chance. I'm sick of it. I know all of you aren't like this, but it seems like more than enough are. We have good players, a coach who might or might not be here, but the constant is teh fans. And I'll tell you...we suck.

Go F yourself and change that avatar...it looks stupid and ghetto!

We have good players, a coach who might or might not be here, but the constant is teh fans. And I'll tell you...we suck.

We suck? We didn't suck when the Bills were 4-0 and then 5-1, did we? Did we piss you off when we were reveling in the fact that 99% of teams that started 4-0 and even 5-1 made the playoffs in the last 30 feakin' years of the NFL? Did we piss you off when we were excited about this young team and their run to the playoffs?? That was OK, right? But then this team, this year, with these players and these coaches somehow turn into gutless losers and go from 5-1 to 6-7, and we are supposed to continue to cheer them on?? Why? Why do I suck if I want to vent my anger at the players and coaches? My family and then I paid for season tickets and went to every game from 1973 to 1996. Can you match that? I traveled to 10 road games and even went to one Super Bowl only to watch the Redskins blow out the Bills. I'm a true blue Bills fan, yet I think it is only fair and our right as fans to get pissed when they play lousy.

It doesn't matter what team it is, or what sport it is, if the team is playing badly, the message boards will light up with "fire this person" and "hire this person" and "the problem is....". Bills fans are no worse than other cities or groups of fans, its just because you're engulfed in this one.

It doesn't matter what team it is, or what sport it is, if the team is playing badly, the message boards will light up with "fire this person" and "hire this person" and "the problem is....". Bills fans are no worse than other cities or groups of fans, its just because you're engulfed in this one.

true. maybe I spoke a bit out of line yesterday. I'm not happy with the way the Bills are playing AT ALL. But the negativity that surrounded me in a bar full of hundreds of people was appauling. At the first sign of trouble, so many fans were already predicting the worst. Even when we were winning, it was the same way. Everyone just waiting for the other shoe to drop

The fans ARE part of the problem. No way Jauron would've gotten a 3 year extension had the fans called for his head over a year ago like they should've. Instead, we had idiots supporting him and discussing him as a good or even great coach that did a better job than any other coach could've.

Those fans DESERVE Jauron for 3 more years. And that's what they'll get.

Unfortunately, I did not support Jauron but I'll have to suffer along with them.

I am on a Browns email list and it gets nothing like this

You're joking right? Please click the link below and welcome yourself back to the real world. It took me all of 2 seconds to find it, and it was one of the less vulgar posts on this Browns' forum that is set up identically to ours.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1442

The fans are one of the problems?

How many blocks did we miss today? How many passes did we drop? How many third-and-long conversions did we allow?

WIN, or at least make us think the players and coaches give a crap about the game, and maybe most of the fans stop finding things to complain about.

I'll admit it, though...I called that fade to Evans at the goal line.

Although it was Nervous Guy that had the defensive backs playing ten yards off the line...stupid bastard.

The team's been mediocre at best for a decade now. Yet, the Stadium, for the most part, remains full and iterest is high.

How, again do we then "suck"?

You are correct about thing beast......the fans ARE the problem

Its a problem for Ralph Wilson......who I am really starting to think might want to move this team for $$$$ but the bills fans are so passionate about the team he is having a hard time doing so and not looking like a total @ss.

I have been supporting this team for a long long time......coaching has come and gone......gm's have come and gone.....players have come and gone.....what has been the constant?

A cheap @ssed owner who whines about being in a small market town.....watches player after player who could have helped this team get signed elsewhere.....and refuses to sign the winning track record coaches because they cost to much.

Buffalo used to be a true home field advantage........we just gave that up for dollars yesterday. I wanted to puke at all the miami fans warm and cozy inside of that god damned Toronto fieldhouse.