I'm Considering Moving From Firefox 2.0 To 3.0

Steely Dan

Ok, font problem solved. Tools, options, content, fonts and colors advanced, minimum font size for pages. Problem now is getting the whole page to fit on the screen. I was able to increase the font and it would keep the margins on the whole page. It won't now. I have to figure that one out now.

Since switching I can't play videos on CNN's site. Anyone got ideas on how to fix this?

Can you supply anymore information?

Start with the basics ...

Do you have the required plugins installed properly?

Firewall properly configured?

I've got Adobe Acrobat, Google Udater, I-tunes application detector, Java Platform SE 6 U11 Platform SE binary and the one for Netscape Navigator (DLL helper), Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox plugin, Microsoft Media Player firefox plugin, Move media player, Mozilla default plugin, Picasa plugin, Quicktime plugin 7.5.5, Real jukebox NS plugin, Realplayer version plugin, Realplayer G2 Live connect plugin, Shockwave flash and Shockwave for Director, Silverlight, Turner Media plug-in and virtual earth 3D plugin.

Man, you have a lot of !@#$in' issues...I think you should just reformat and start over. :lol:

That's not gonna happen. That effing program I downloaded made things worse so I had to remove it. :thumbsup:

Don't bother with that. You are replying to a chronic attention-seeker.

:lol:

Sorry, I'll try to figure this stuff out on my own. Why should I ever try to get help with this from people in the know? :lol:

I've got Adobe Acrobat, Google Udater, I-tunes application detector, Java Platform SE 6 U11 Platform SE binary and the one for Netscape Navigator (DLL helper), Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox plugin, Microsoft Media Player firefox plugin, Move media player, Mozilla default plugin, Picasa plugin, Quicktime plugin 7.5.5, Real jukebox NS plugin, Realplayer version plugin, Realplayer G2 Live connect plugin, Shockwave flash and Shockwave for Director, Silverlight, Turner Media plug-in and virtual earth 3D plugin.

Google is your friend. You need the Octoshape adobe flash add in.

Thanks, but I have to pay for that and it was working in 2.0 without any paid downloads.

BTW, thanks for your help.

While I wouldn't call it a must have, the octoshape plug-in is free.

Seriously Steely, call somebody. The problems you claim to have are not characteristic of a healthy machine. Remember viruses and malware aren't the only things that can screw up your machine.

While I wouldn't call it a must have, the octoshape plug-in is free.

Seriously Steely, call somebody. The problems you claim to have are not characteristic of a healthy machine. Remember viruses and malware aren't the only things that can screw up your machine.

It worked with 2.0 and only stopped working when I upgraded to 3.0. should I re-install? I'm almost positive it's not that kind of problem. I don't have the money for that now anyway.