No matter how much you hate Pats Fan

taterhill

Sons of Sam Horn...win it for........

other great lines from the Sports Guy....

Sports Guy

Win it for the Sports Gal, who's giving serious consideration to naming our first kid "Papi Orlando Johnny Martinez Simmons" some day.

Only one person was deciding Game 3: Pedro. You knew the Sox would scratch four or five runs off Suppan before LaRussa brought out Ray King's gravity-defying head and the rest of the Cards bullpen. Could Pedro hold the Cards under that four-or-five-run mark? Nobody in Boston knew what to expect.

It turned out to be one of the defining moments of his Boston career: A fitting farewell (assuming there's no Game 7) to the Red Sox fans. Let the record show that he received a healthy dose of luck in the first (Manny throwing out Walker) and third (Suppan basically having a five-second aneuryism at third base, prompting the first moment in baseball history where a third base coach walked away from a baserunner in disgust during the play).

"Q. What do you call 25 guys watching the World Series?"

"A. The Yankees."

Yeh, I can't wait for a bunch of 20 year old punks to riot and pretend like they've been around for 80+ years. Not to mention soon to be 3 SB's in 4 years.

Great story - at least their fans will finally stop whining & pretending like they're the most tortured people (much less sports fans) on earth....Simmons is my favorite writer outside of the whole Boston angle.

Yeh, I can't wait for a bunch of 20 year old punks to riot and pretend like they've been around for 80+ years.  Not to mention soon to be 3 SB's in 4 years. 

Great story - at least their fans will finally stop whining & pretending like they're the most tortured people (much less sports fans) on earth....Simmons is my favorite writer outside of the whole Boston angle.

88058[/snapback]

did you read the article at all?

A great baseball story would be the Cards winning 4 straight to keep the curse alive....That stevestojan would be unreal...

88075[/snapback]

If that happened I think the entire New England region would go into the biggest depression ever. You thought it was bad when Bill Buckner missed that "little roller behind the bag". I can only imagine the result of a collapse like that.

Alas it's not going to happen this time. They've finally done it.

F*ck them.

Completely agree. My position on those fans was cemented when I endured thousands of the obnoxious M a s s h o l e s at the NE game. What a bunch of a s s h o l e s. When they were leaving the stadium (and not obnoxiously, classlessly being an a s s h o l e to any Bills fan that was left) and I heard the chants "Let's Go Red Sox" I knew I would wish ill on the Red Sox for the rest of my natural born life.

To me I hate those arrogant whiny classless fans - and I will always root against their teams.

Bitter Yank fan!! Loser, you need a slap! Get a life!

Joe Six pack = RJ

F*ck them.

What good has come out of Boston the last five years?

2 Patriot Super Bowls, A likely Dead Sux WS championship and worst of all JOHN f-ing KERRY.

F*ck Boston, hope it falls into the sea.

88067[/snapback]

I am a Bills fan & Lets GO RED SOX!!! You bittler little man! I am from Mass & I don't post degrading remarks like "m!@#$s" You are the classless one, dork!

Completely agree.  My position on those fans was cemented when I endured thousands of the obnoxious M a s s h o l e s at the NE game.  What a bunch of a s s h o l e s.  When they were leaving the stadium (and not obnoxiously, classlessly being an a s s h o l e to any Bills fan that was left) and I heard the chants "Let's Go Red Sox" I knew I would wish ill on the Red Sox for the rest of my natural born life.

To me I hate those arrogant whiny classless fans - and I will always root against their teams.

88099[/snapback]

I was OK with the Red Sox for a couple weeks but now that they're seriously on the cusp of winning the WS, I can't root for them. Now I hope the Cards tie up at 3. Then in the 9th inning of the seventh game the Cards rally from 9 runs down to win 10-9. Wouldn't that be something to cement the curse!

Interesting that Mr. Simmons tries to be heart warming....then after he's done he goes on to bash almost every other MLB team in the rest of his column.

Typical Boston fan.

Win it so I don't have to read your sob story anymore.

They are a good story, I'm just sick and tired of hearing it.  If I wasn't a Cardinals fan, I'm not sure I would even know that the Cardinals were in it.

88163[/snapback]

yes I agree..the NL has gotten zero coverage...I will fell good for the over 50 crowd of Sox fans that probably wear their red satin Sox jackets from the 1960's....F all of those young 20 somethings idiot fans

lol....also in his article he grades the St. Louis fans on their performance and gives them a D-.

Show some respect fool.

I can't stand this assclown.

88213[/snapback]

Well Cardinals fans have class, they haven't figured out what that is in most of the New England region. Maybe that's why he gives our fans a D-. They don't act like !@#$s.

F*ck them.

2 Patriot Super Bowls, A likely Dead Sux WS championship and worst of all JOHN f-ing KERRY.

88067[/snapback]

Hey J-Bone...start supporting the Sox and Pats and your dream may come true.

F*ck them.

Don't sugar coat it, J-Bone, tell us how you really feel.

Actually, Pats fans don't bother me as much as Red Sox fans. I think that Red Sox fans are the most obnoxious in all of sports, have been for years...I hate the Bruins too. Love the Celtics (of old), and gotta admitt, I kind of like the Patriots. It is unfortunate that they are are divisonal rivals (actually, we would have to be good to be considered tru rivals), but I really like the way they play football. Woudn't matter to me where they are from, I just like watching good football...