Voter registration vs. vehicle registration

Scenario #1:

In my State, I can register my vehicle by mail. I do so. I do not fill out the documents properly. It is rejected, and sent back to me (assuming my address is valid), along with a list of where to go if I want to register in person, or I can correct my mistakes and re-mail. I am treated equally the same as any other person.

Scenario #2:

In my State, I can register to vote by mail. I do so. I do not fill out the documents properly. It is rejected, and sent back to me (assuming my address is valid), along with a list of where to go If I want to register in person, or I can correct my mistakes and re-mail. I am treated equally the same as any other person.

Here is where I need help: Why is scenario #2 labeled as "disenfranchisement?

In both cases, the fault is mine.

Comments?

One is a right, some would say a civic duty (as I was taught) and the other is a privilege.  Perhaps it's a matter of degree of relative importance to the nation as opposed to the individual?

88003[/snapback]

Is there no responsibility incumbent upon a citizen? Or are we just wards of the State, needing guidance and management by our betters?

One is a right, some would say a civic duty (as I was taught) and the other is a privilege.  Perhaps it's a matter of degree of relative importance to the nation as opposed to the individual?

88003[/snapback]

I think they are both privileges...No where in the constitution does it give us a Right to vote...Especially for President, anyone that thinks that they actually voting for the president is mistaken.