Buffalo-Miami 1980

EndZoneCrew

After watching this and then turning and watching TV...I want to put my head through a wall!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBETnH4rB_Y

Yeah, I remember that bunch of ruffians. That team from 1980 makes this group look like a bunch of pussies. This team that played yesterday was a Stepford Team, a bunch of gutless rich boys who don't have the passion to be Buffalo Bills.

They need to go away. Or get somebody in here to coach who has something to prove like....uh....Marty? He played for the Bills in the 60's. He knows what this town is all about.

I was just thinking about those talking proud years and the fact that crowd yesterday was quieter than any game in the 84 and 85 seasons. I loved those unis and helmet and miss that glorious sept day in 1980 and later in the year with game over the steelers we started the chant " One for the thumb is pretty f*(king dumb"

Thanx for making me remember I HATED miami more than I hate the PATS today.

After watching this and then turning and watching TV...I want to put my head through a wall!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBETnH4rB_Y

I was at that Miami game, stormed the field but did not climb the goalposts, and it was one of the great Bills games I attended. But what exactly is your point? Those Knox teams were tough and played hard, but put some YouTubes of the Kelly years on this thread if you want to really make Bills' fans sick to their stomachs. Why not show the Raiders' AFC Championship blow out? Or feature the no - punt 49ers win from 1992! Sure it's great to see Joe Cribbs, Fergy, insane Dobler and the Bermuda Triangle again. But to see actual NFL Hall of Famers playing together on one team during one era,

show some steams of the 1988 to 1996 Bills!!

Wow, that was great to see. I was at the game, too, and it was probably the greatest sports moment of my entire life. The stadium was just rockin beyond belief, and when we won I had tears of joy. My, how low we've fallen...Dolphin games played in a silent dome in Toronto...

BTW, I loved the "Talkin Proud" era...we should bring that song back again. Keep the "Shout" for our scores, and play the "Talkin Proud" tune during select times to get the crowd going...it would be awesome.

I appreciate the link -- thanks. I was there, too.

Likewise.

Sat in the last row of the upper deck, 40 yd line, sunny side, with 4 of my friends. In those days, there were few restrictions against beverages. We brought one of those big plastic beer balls (with the pump and tap) into the game. Hot sunny beautiful day. Joined the masses on the field when the gun sounded.

This year I went to the season opener against Seattle with 2 of the 4 guys I was with in 1980 for the Miami game.

One of the others couldn't go because he's since had a debilitating stroke.

13 weeks after the 2008 opener and of the 2 that went this year, one is recovering from a heart attack and the other was lost the week of Thanksgiving.

We're not getting any younger. Are we ever going to see the Bills sniff the playoffs again? After 40 years of being a loyal fan, I'm about ready to give up on them.

At approximately 3:47 into the video, the voice of God says that "Buffalo became the best 3rd and long team in professional football".

I want to puke cry go somewhere and sulk.

and the number one defense. or maybe thats in segmet 2 were they talk about the fast start and than bad upset losses and how the VETS on the team like Dobler and Isiah helped bring them up. What a year and what a season that was after all those years since 65