Who Do You Feel We Should Keep On Our Team?

H2o

For the OL:

Peters, Butler, Dockery, Chambers, and Walker. Peters is a good player that's having a bad year as a result of him acrting like a donkey in the offseason. We all know and have seen how good the guy is when he's on top of his game. Dockery is overpaid, but who else is out there in the FA market to take his place this year? He's a decent G, just not a $49 million G. Butler is young and serves the purpose of depth. Chambers isn't as young, but I think he's a guy who could fill in here and there serving as depth. Walker, I believe, would better serve as a RG versus a RT. Although he isn't really a "road grader" type of OL and there's been talk of him being "soft", I think he would play better at RG. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him and Dockery both gone as long as we have CERTAIN upgrades at each OL position. The question is who is really out there to be had this offseason and will they come to Buffalo?

For the DL:

Stroud and Williams. That's it. Maybe Schobel because he's been an upstanding citizen around here for a long time. Other than those 3, hand them all a pink slip and let the door hit'm on the way out. Stroud is still a GOOD DT and Williams has held his own in the trenches. Schobel's been hurt this year. The rest of these guys should be charged with a felony for raping our front office for every game check they receive. I don't even want to wait to see who we get in FA and the draft to let the rest of these guys go because anything will be an upgrade. We need to draft DL and OL heavily in this upcoming draft, with the exception of a 1st day LB to play Crowell's old spot if it isn't addressed in FA.

I totally agree. I think on the Offensive side, you have to keep Walker and Dockery, for monetary reasons at least. Definitely keep Butler and Chambers. As far as Peters goes, I wouldn't pay him a damn cent over what he's making now. He's been flat out awful and that in part is due to his own greed. If he threatens to hold out again, show him the door and then kick him through it.

For the defense - cut Denney and Kelsey as they have done nothing. And I would even cut Schobel, who you could argure is on the downside of his career. Pick up a couple of guys via free agency.

I totally agree. I think on the Offensive side, you have to keep Walker and Dockery, for monetary reasons at least. Definitely keep Butler and Chambers. As far as Peters goes, I wouldn't pay him a damn cent over what he's making now. He's been flat out awful and that in part is due to his own greed. If he threatens to hold out again, show him the door and then kick him through it.

For the defense - cut Denney and Kelsey as they have done nothing. And I would even cut Schobel, who you could argure is on the downside of his career. Pick up a couple of guys via free agency.

I have no issue with giving Kesay the boot, but Denney has played decently. Why he gets such bad press amazes me. While he's clearly not a star, he plays sound, and actually makes some plays. He may not be a starter, but he's a valuable 3rd DE.

As for the hard stance on Peters, he may have earned some disdain for his holdout, but he's still a top talent. Don't let your emotions over rule your intellect.

For the OL:

Peters, Butler, Dockery, Chambers, and Walker. Peters is a good player that's having a bad year as a result of him acrting like a donkey in the offseason. We all know and have seen how good the guy is when he's on top of his game. Dockery is overpaid, but who else is out there in the FA market to take his place this year? He's a decent G, just not a $49 million G. Butler is young and serves the purpose of depth. Chambers isn't as young, but I think he's a guy who could fill in here and there serving as depth. Walker, I believe, would better serve as a RG versus a RT. Although he isn't really a "road grader" type of OL and there's been talk of him being "soft", I think he would play better at RG. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him and Dockery both gone as long as we have CERTAIN upgrades at each OL position. The question is who is really out there to be had this offseason and will they come to Buffalo?

For the DL:

Stroud and Williams. That's it. Maybe Schobel because he's been an upstanding citizen around here for a long time. Other than those 3, hand them all a pink slip and let the door hit'm on the way out. Stroud is still a GOOD DT and Williams has held his own in the trenches. Schobel's been hurt this year. The rest of these guys should be charged with a felony for raping our front office for every game check they receive. I don't even want to wait to see who we get in FA and the draft to let the rest of these guys go because anything will be an upgrade. We need to draft DL and OL heavily in this upcoming draft, with the exception of a 1st day LB to play Crowell's old spot if it isn't addressed in FA.

Pretty much agree altho its a shame Walker and Dockery still probbly need to be here.

Scobel--ridiculous salary for a mediocre(now) player. Get rid of him.

How do you know who to cut yet before you actually have a better feel for your team post draft and free agency?

OL: Fowler, Preston, Whittle :rolleyes:

DL: Kelsay, McCargo, Johnson, Bryan, Ellis, Denney :thumbdown:

Ellis could develope also so I might consider giving him another year or 2 as well. The rest, :thumbdown:

OL: Fowler, Preston, Whittle :rolleyes:

DL: Kelsay, McCargo, Johnson, Bryan, Ellis, Denney :thumbdown:

Ellis could develope also so I might consider giving him another year or 2 as well. The rest, :thumbdown:

Except for Kelsay, those are all backups! How much do you expect from them? Do you think other teams' backups are any better?

I have no issue with giving Kesay the boot, but Denney has played decently. Why he gets such bad press amazes me. While he's clearly not a star, he plays sound, and actually makes some plays. He may not be a starter, but he's a valuable 3rd DE.

As for the hard stance on Peters, he may have earned some disdain for his holdout, but he's still a top talent. Don't let your emotions over rule your intellect.

We have zero pass rush. The only two guys doing anything is Stroud and Johnson. Denney and Kelsey have gotten no penatration.

Peters has drawn a bunch of penalties and has been beaten all year.

My opinion is not based on emotion. It's based on facts. I want these guys to work, because I generally like our team, but they have been disappointing.

Except for Kelsay, those are all backups! How much do you expect from them? Do you think other teams' backups are any better?

See the N.Y. "football" Giants, reigning Super Bowl champs.

As my brother always says... Don't tell me who you are going to cut, tell me who you are going to bring in that'll be better.

We can cut everyone, but chances are that will leave us worse off than we already are. We need to make decisions based on who we can bring in that IS better than the guys we already have.

Saying that we want to cut someone is fine, but in the world of Russ Brandon and Co. we need someone to upgrade the position before we let our players walk.

As my brother always says... Don't tell me who you are going to cut, tell me who you are going to bring in that'll be better.

We can cut everyone, but chances are that will leave us worse off than we already are. We need to make decisions based on who we can bring in that IS better than the guys we already have.

Saying that we want to cut someone is fine, but in the world of Russ Brandon and Co. we need someone to upgrade the position before we let our players walk.

Sometimes, it doesnt matter who you bring in. I REALLY cant believe i am going to say this, but the Dolphins cut most of their roster and replaced the guys with players who were young, hungry and unproven, and a QB who was ready for a change of scenery (read McNAbb) It worked out ok for them. If our front office cant do the same, then they should be fired.

Building a team should not take longer than two years. THAT is what Free agency is all about. We have waited for 9 years for a winner with a real shot. I say we fire the front office and go get a guy who can find us some players....

O-Line: Peters, Dockery, Butler, Walker, Preston, Chambers, Bell.

D-Line: Bryan, Denney, Ellis, Stroud, Johnson, Williams.

I could care less if both Schobel AND Kelsay are gone. Denney gives as much, or more, than both of those players.

For the OL:

For the DL:

the Bills need to draft OL and DL in the top 3 rounds

which they should do every year to continue to build depth and quality