The new USFL

RLflutie7

Someone stole my idea.

Just bring back the old USFL and it's teams.

They're not going to have all the old teams but they say they're going to have some.

On their webstie, they also say they've had talks with Ralph Wilson Stadium.

It's on newusfl.com.

I've always thought that you need more than six or eight teams to create a new league. The XFL didn't have enough teams.

My idea was to merge the XFL with old USFL teams and move the season closer to the real spring-summer time. Not in February or March . . . but later in the year. More like a summer league.

You have some overlap of teams . . . Like Orlando renegades and the Orlando Rage, but that could be worked out.

Someone stole my idea.

They're not going to have all the old teams but they say they're going to have some.

It's on newusfl.com.

If it did talk, I might move up there tomorrow. I have a lot of questions for it.

Someone stole my idea.

It's on newusfl.com.

I've always thought that you need more than six or eight teams to create a new league. The XFL didn't have enough teams.

My idea was to merge the XFL with old USFL teams and move the season closer to the real spring-summer time. Not in February or March . . . but later in the year. More like a summer league.

You have some overlap of teams . . . Like Orlando renegades and the Orlando Rage, but that could be worked out.

The XFL folded because it was bad. My wife, with no clue on who ran the XFL, watched about 15 minutes of a game with me, and made the comment "If i wanted to watch wrestling, I would watch wrestling, not this."

That's when it really hit me. The XFL tried to take the focus off the game, and put it on the individuals (characters) just like modern professional wrestling.

It was doomed from the start.

The XFL folded because it was bad. My wife, with no clue on who ran the XFL, watched about 15 minutes of a game with me, and made the comment "If i wanted to watch wrestling, I would watch wrestling, not this."

That's when it really hit me. The XFL tried to take the focus off the game, and put it on the individuals (characters) just like modern professional wrestling.

It was doomed from the start.

I remember an interview with the commissioner of the XFL before the first (and only) season started. He said something to the effect of "it's going to be like the NFL, but much more intense". As if intensity was something that the NFL was lacking.

An interesting concept, but ultimately just a bad idea.

Do you make comments like this when the evening news has a story about Congress having talks with the White House?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metonymy

In general, the metonymous form of "The Bills front office" is One Bills Drive. But yeah, I guess most people didn't pay enough attention in high school english class.

In general, the metonymous form of "The Bills front office" is One Bills Drive. But yeah, I guess most people didn't pay enough attention in high school english class.

I think that having talks with Ralph Wilson Stadium did not mean the Bills front office, but rather the Erie County Stadium Corporation or whatever Erie County calls its stadium authority these days.

I think that having talks with Ralph Wilson Stadium did not mean the Bills front office, but rather the Erie County Stadium Corporation or whatever Erie County calls its stadium authority these days.

No, I bet it's One Bills Drive. I'm sure Ralph is interested in turning the Bills into a USFL team so he can save on salaries.

I've heard the Arena league is in trouble, so the market might be opening up for a real minor league football organization. There's enough talent out there to make the games good, without a question, and there are enough football-crazed fans who want to watch the game in spring.

I think that may be the key thing - make it just like the NFL, except in the spring/summer. No more gimmicks, just football.

I've heard the Arena league is in trouble, so the market might be opening up for a real minor league football organization. There's enough talent out there to make the games good, without a question, and there are enough football-crazed fans who want to watch the game in spring.

I think that may be the key thing - make it just like the NFL, except in the spring/summer. No more gimmicks, just football.

My focus was more on the USFL than the XFL. Although I think the XFL did have a couple solid teams.

I think if both leagues did one thing right, it's that they got brand recognition. They may not have had good TV ratings but people knew the teams.

One their website, they have the NJ Generals, LA Express, Birmingham Stallions, Washington Federals, Boston Breakers as teams that are coming back.

But they have to contend with the UFL which also has a website.

Time to watch football . . .

Do you make comments like this when the evening news has a story about Congress having talks with the White House?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metonymy

Some people lack...