Are you happy with the direction of the team since TD left?

Dan

Are you happy with the direction of the team since TD left?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Simple enough.

• Yes. Despite the record, the team is better off.
    • No. We should have stuck with TD a few more years.
    • Unsure. I can't' make up my mind about anything.

Bills 2005 Roster

Bills 2008 Roster

Pretty clear that, talent wise, the team is in far better shape, now.

Wrong. We want to think what we have is better now, but that other team had more playmakers and more durable talent. No DE today as good as Schobel then, no LB today as good as Fletcher then, no CB today as good as Clements then. Milloy was still as productive as Whitner is today.

That was an older team that had plenty of holes, but what Levy did was come in and create more holes IN ADDITION to the needs they already had. To the point where this roster 3 years later the talent is spread out a bit better, but there are far less playmakers. 3 years later they should be A LOT better considering the draft position they've had and the money they've spent in FA.

What's more, they now need to find replacements for a lot of Donahoe's good draft picks and UDFA's who this team relies on a lot more than so called starters like Ko Simpson or Keith Ellison. The general belief is that this is a "young" team, but it's not. It's a team where the majority of key players are well into their prime or in the case of the DL, well past it.

Wrong. We want to think what we have is better now, but that other team had more playmakers and more durable talent. No DE today as good as Schobel then, no LB today as good as Fletcher then, no CB today as good as Clements then. Milloy was still as productive as Whitner is today.

That was an older team that had plenty of holes, but what Levy did was come in and create more holes IN ADDITION to the needs they already had. To the point where this roster 3 years later the talent is spread out a bit better, but there are far less playmakers. 3 years later they should be A LOT better considering the draft position they've had and the money they've spent in FA.

What's more, they now need to find replacements for a lot of Donahoe's good draft picks and UDFA's who this team relies on a lot more than so called starters like Ko Simpson or Keith Ellison. The general belief is that this is a "young" team, but it's not. It's a team where the majority of key players are well into their prime or in the case of the DL, well past it.

Wrong. Milloy was done. The OL and DL are FAR better now (even though they both need some work), and as you mention, the team is younger. The defensive backfield, as a whole is FAR better now. This team needs to add a few players. The 2005 team was in need of an overhaul.

It was an old fading 5-11 team. The fact remains the team is FAR better now, overall.

Wrong. Milloy was done. The OL and DL are FAR better now (even though they both need some work), and as you mention, the team is younger. The defensive backfield, as a whole is FAR better now. This team needs to add a few players. The 2005 team was in need of an overhaul.

It was an old fading 5-11 team. The fact remains the team is FAR better now, overall.

I think more of the problem in 2005 was the offense. The offense didn't even average 17 points a game and couldn't get out of its own way. It had many of the same problems then as it does now including: a rag tag bunch of overpaid garbage FA lineman that were never consistent enough, wholly ineffective QB play, maddening play calling, and no tight end in the passing game which had Lee Evans and nothing much else.

Dean-

You're trying extremely hard to protect the ML/DJ three years of futility.

FWIW, Milloy is playing very well in ATL. But of course, he didn't fit the system in Buffalo, so he could not have been good anymore.

People talk about the bad game Clements had against Dallas, but he's been a fine performer since SF signed him. Fletcher continues to produce. All three rarely, if ever miss games, which may their finest attribute.

If after three years this team goes from 5 wins to 7, that's not progress. As a matter of fact, I'd say they've regressed plenty this season alone.

Dean-

You're trying extremely hard to protect the ML/DJ three years of futility.

FWIW, Milloy is playing very well in ATL. But of course, he didn't fit the system in Buffalo, so he could not have been good anymore.

People talk about the bad game Clements had against Dallas, but he's been a fine performer since SF signed him. Fletcher continues to produce. All three rarely, if ever miss games, which may their finest attribute.

If after three years this team goes from 5 wins to 7, that's not progress. As a matter of fact, I'd say they've regressed plenty this season alone.

I have no interest whatsoever in protecting anyone. The 2005 team was a disaster on the decline. Sorry if you don't agree, but the team as a whole, is far worse than the current unit. Are there a few players that were better on the 2005 team? Certainly...but, that was not my point.

QB? Even?...who knows. If Trent pans out, better...but certainly not worse.

RB? Better now

OL? Better now

TE? Hard to tell, but I will say better then (but better depth now)

WR? As a unit, better now

DL? Even. Sam Adams was better than anyone we have now. Every other DT is better now. DE's are basically the same

LB? Even, but better in 2005 if Spikes was healthy. Fletcher was better than Poz, but Poz is on the rise. Mitchell and Ellison are better than Posey. Depth better now

DB? Much better now. Clemens was better than anyone we have now. The rest of the squad is better now, and that includes Milloy. Part of the reason is Greer is much better now, than he was then, McGee is better now, Whitner is an upgrade, and the depth of the rookies is very important. Add Scott, Simpson and Youboty (who plays very well, when he isn't injured) and it's a no-brainer. DBs need numbers to be effective.