JP Losman

Guest dog14787

I'm a J.P. Losman fan. Always have been, always will, even when/if he goes somewhere else next year. I'm also a Trent Edwards fan. I'm a fan of whoever is behind center or wearing the red, white and blue, navy blue, silver, whatever...but J.P. Losman gives me no reason to believe Buffalo will win this week. I don't want to be negative, but the Miami Dolphins are better than the Buffalo Bills this year. They have already proven it.

Excellent!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I agree with most of your post, but the Bills are a more talented football team than the Fins, IMO...and I don't think it's all that close. If the players play to their potential, and the coaches don't puss out and/or coach an incredibly stupid game (like they did against SF), I think the Bills win easily. But, we know those two things happen entirely too rarely.

Big Tuna built teams can be decieving though and it doesn't surprise me Tuna fish go well together in sunny Miami Florida.

The smelly tuna seems destined to haunt buffalo forever. :P

Big Tuna built teams can be decieving though and it doesn't surprise me Tuna fish go well together in sunny Miami Florida.

The smelly tuna seems destined to haunt buffalo forever. :wacko:

I hate him and what he said about Bruce after that Super Bowl. The way I see it 19 points in 19 min ain't that bad. He won by default....Were we outplayed, yeah, but if that kick went 3 feet to the left, we aren't having this conversation....

but, you're probably right! :P

I agree with most of your post, but the Bills are a more talented football team than the Fins, IMO...and I don't think it's all that close. If the players play to their potential, and the coaches don't puss out and/or coach an incredibly stupid game (like they did against SF), I think the Bills win easily. But, we know those two things happen entirely too rarely.

but this happens, frequently. That's why the Dolphins are a better team than the Bills this year.....

I agree this is a big opportunity for JP, and he really needs to step up and perform. But, "put up or shut up" makes it sound like JP was talking trash, or something. To my knowledge, he was not.

JP is not a trash talker, never has been. However, a few times in his career in Buffalo, he has set the table for himself (this week saying things should be "100% better" because he has practiced with the first string, last year saying the J'ville game was his make or break game), only to come up very small. We all know JP has the physical tools to be a legit NFL QB...but sometimes, don't you think he says all the right things, sounds so amped, only to put so much pressure on himself, that he is doomed to failure...sometimes he seems like Ralph Kramden on the quiz show...I think a good sitdown with a sports shrink could do wonders for JP...seriously...

I'm a J.P. Losman fan. Always have been, always will, even when/if he goes somewhere else next year. I'm also a Trent Edwards fan. I'm a fan of whoever is behind center or wearing the red, white and blue, navy blue, silver, whatever...but J.P. Losman gives me no reason to believe Buffalo will win this week. I don't want to be negative, but the Miami Dolphins are better than the Buffalo Bills this year. They have already proven it.

My Yami has the coach to prove it. Sparano has the team disciplined, playing better and believing in themselves. I don't think you can the same about Jauron.

My Yami has the coach to prove it. Sparano has the team disciplined, playing better and believing in themselves. I don't think you can the same about Jauron.

I completely agree. I believe that by today's standards, we have a playoff caliber roster. This same Bills team, under the guidance of a capable HC and staff would be a shoe-in for the post season. With NE having a down year, a bonafide HC would have us sitting in first place in the AFCE.

The QB doesn't take the field alone, not JP, Trent or the Chroisen one will be able to lead this bunch of over paid under acheiving slugs to a victory. :P

C'mon Gary. The Bills are not facing the 76 Steelers tomorrow. This is a team that was 1-15 last season, and this year can only be considered average. And however slight, the Bills have a home field advantage.

Excuse time is long over for JP. The Bills need this game mathematically. No, they are not very good, but this is a very winable game against a divisional rival. Somehow, the Bills were able to win 6 games this season with Trent at QB. Now it is time to win another one with JP taking the snaps.

JP is not a trash talker, never has been. However, a few times in his career in Buffalo, he has set the table for himself (this week saying things should be "100% better" because he has practiced with the first string, last year saying the J'ville game was his make or break game), only to come up very small. We all know JP has the physical tools to be a legit NFL QB...but sometimes, don't you think he says all the right things, sounds so amped, only to put so much pressure on himself, that he is doomed to failure...sometimes he seems like Ralph Kramden on the quiz show...I think a good sitdown with a sports shrink could do wonders for JP...seriously...

You may be right, but IMHO three talented receivers, a good receiving TE and a constent OL and a good game plan and play calls would do a lot more for JP, a lot more. Just as they would for Trent.

C'mon Gary. The Bills are not facing the 76 Steelers tomorrow. This is a team that was 1-15 last season, and this year can only be considered average. And however slight, the Bills have a home field advantage.

Excuse time is long over for JP. The Bills need this game mathematically. No, they are not very good, but this is a very winable game against a divisional rival. Somehow, the Bills were able to win 6 games this season with Trent at QB. Now it is time to win another one with JP taking the snaps.

JP is only responsible for playing well. If the Bills can't play defense or run the ball and the receivers fumble it away or drop balls, the team would lose regardless of the QB. Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat, and that goes for teams QB'd by Trent and by JP. I absolutely do want to see JP play well, absolutely. But if he does and we still lose, you'll see an awful lot of wack job posts blaming JP for the loss.

This could be very interesting. If JP comes out and actually performs exceptionally well, head and shoulders above Trent's play of the last 2 months, and the Bills win this game going away, it will be the only victory against an AFC East opponent and the only victory over a team with a winning record this year. What do the Bills do then?

If Trent's groin concussion is fully healed, do you put him back in with the playoffs on the line? If his groin concussion is only partly healed? If it isn't any better, and JP has to play a game or two more and continues to play very well, what do they do then? If Trent is done for the year and JP runs the table to get the Bills in the playoffs, do the Bills turn around and let him walk?

(OK, seriously, the team as a whole has shown no evidence this year they can beat average or better teams, so the likelihood of any of this is pretty damn minuscule. JP playing better than Trent isn't that far fetched -- Trent is playing like absolute crap of late. But, it is the ultimate team game, and just changing the QB doesn't necessarily mean the entire team will suddenly start playing well.)

This could be very interesting. If JP comes out and actually performs exceptionally well, head and shoulders above Trent's play of the last 2 months, and the Bills win this game going away, it will be the only victory against an AFC East opponent and the only victory over a team with a winning record this year. What do the Bills do then?

If Trent's groin concussion is fully healed, do you put him back in with the playoffs on the line? If his groin concussion is only partly healed? If it isn't any better, and JP has to play a game or two more and continues to play very well, what do they do then? If Trent is done for the year and JP runs the table to get the Bills in the playoffs, do the Bills turn around and let him walk?

(OK, seriously, the team as a whole has shown no evidence this year they can beat average or better teams, so the likelihood of any of this is pretty damn minuscule. JP playing better than Trent isn't that far fetched -- Trent is playing like absolute crap of late. But, it is the ultimate team game, and just changing the QB doesn't necessarily mean the entire team will suddenly start playing well.)

IF IF IF IF IF...IF I had one cent for every time I heard an "IF" I could buy the Bills and move them to Toronto. :P

IF IF IF IF IF...IF I had one cent for every time I heard an "IF" I could buy the Bills and move them to Toronto. :P

It's just a hypothetical presented as a discussion point. I'm not putting it out there as a certainty or as something for JP haters to get their panties all twisted up about.

If it helps you get over the JP knee jerk, substitute the name "Woody Harrelson" for JP everywhere in the hypothetical. For instance: if Woody is basically done as a Buffalo Bill, but he somehow comes out of the casket and leads the team to the playoffs, what the phuk would you do if you were the hydra-GM? Also considering the Poised One has played the position like a timid gopher, popping up, tossing the dirt 5 or 6 inches, and shooting back in his hole...

It's just a hypothetical presented as a discussion point. I'm not putting it out there as a certainty or as something for JP haters to get their panties all twisted up about.

If it helps you get over the JP knee jerk, substitute the name "Woody Harrelson" for JP everywhere in the hypothetical. For instance: if Woody is basically done as a Buffalo Bill, but he somehow comes out of the casket and leads the team to the playoffs, what the phuk would you do if you were the hydra-GM? Also considering the Poised One has played the position like a timid gopher, popping up, tossing the dirt 5 or 6 inches, and shooting back in his hole...

"IF"

Hold onto that hatred, man. Keep it close to your heart.

i gave up on Losman after the Jacksonville game last year....but, I'll still be rootin for him to beat the fish!

I think Edwards still has a chance to be a good qb in this league, only because he is smart...my concern with Edwards is his toughness and confidence. Losman, though gifted with a cannon arm, just cannot read a defense to save his frikin life. BUT, at least he's not afraid to THROW DOWN THE FIELD....

It almost seems crazy that JP is in the midst of his 5th season in the NFL. However, there is a precedent for n'er do wells whose light bulb suddenly went on -- and suddenly defied all logic by becoming a good QB. Rich Gannon and Vinnie Testeverde both come to mind. Wouldn't it be something if JP's light bulb turned on tomorrow afternoon? Not saying it will happen, mind you...

It almost seems crazy that JP is in the midst of his 5th season in the NFL. However, there is a precedent for n'er do wells whose light bulb suddenly went on -- and suddenly defied all logic by becoming a good QB. Rich Gannon and Vinnie Testeverde both come to mind. Wouldn't it be something if JP's light bulb turned on tomorrow afternoon? Not saying it will happen, mind you...

I've seen crazier things in this league. :)