Riddle ME this...What do these have in common?

Poeticlaw

Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman and Trend Edwards?

My answer: They all started with great confidence in Buffalo and all ended playing scared in Buffalo.

Riddle me this... Why did that happen?

Jim Kelly and Doug FLutie...

My answer... Both played with confidence that didnt break they both knew no matter what they would win the game if if they lost it they played the entire game like they were going to win it.

Riddle me this... Why were they able to maintain the confidence but no other Buffalo starting QB has been able to?

Maybe this is in Jest but these are my two observations regarding the QBs in Buffalo and I would like to see who else mighht share that opinion or be able to shed som light on it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman and Trend Edwards?

My answer: They all started with great confidence in Buffalo and all ended playing scared in Buffalo.

Riddle me this... Why did that happen?

Jim Kelly and Doug FLutie...

My answer... Both played with confidence that didnt break they both knew no matter what they would win the game if if they lost it they played the entire game like they were going to win it.

Riddle me this... Why were they able to maintain the confidence but no other Buffalo starting QB has been able to?

Maybe this is in Jest but these are my two observations regarding the QBs in Buffalo and I would like to see who else mighht share that opinion or be able to shed som light on it.

Maybe because different QBs have different mental fabrics?

And why are you talking as if the Trent Edwards era is over?

Maybe because different QBs have different mental fabrics?

And why are you talking as if the Trent Edwards era is over?

Typically when you start playing scared your days are numbered. The real question that has been posted is does Trent have a real injury? I watched the game he didnt seem injured Just scared.

Typically when you start playing scared your days are numbered. The real question that has been posted is does Trent have a real injury? I watched the game he didnt seem injured Just scared.

Do you remember how Eli Manning played scared until he found his stride in the playoffs? Now he's a stud QB. The QB that plays with confidence right out of the gate is rare.

I will never understand the attitude towards Flutie around here. The whole country fell in love with the guy, seemingly every football fan I talked to about him in person told me they would root for the Bills as a second team because they liked him. And I come on here a few years later, and 90% of the fans of his own team talk about him with disdain. :unsure:

I'll tell ya, in my house, we were all firmly on the Flutie side of the debate. Such an easy guy to root for.

I will never understand the attitude towards Flutie around here. The whole country fell in love with the guy, seemingly every football fan I talked to about him in person told me they would root for the Bills as a second team because they liked him. And I come on here a few years later, and 90% of the fans of his own team talk about him with disdain. :unsure:

I'll tell ya, in my house, we were all firmly on the Flutie side of the debate. Such an easy guy to root for.

Not to mention he got us to the playoffs. I agree, I never got it either. The guy played his ass off to get us into the playoffs, does that, realizes his dream of playing for an NFL team in the playoffs is at hand - then gets benched and we lose. And we want to blame him for being pissed. Imagine that.

I liked Flutie, still do. But, then again, I tend to cheer for whoever the Bills put on the field. I'm a homer like that. Of course, some people just like to B word.

Not to mention he got us to the playoffs. I agree, I never got it either. The guy played his ass off to get us into the playoffs, does that, realizes his dream of playing for an NFL team in the playoffs is at hand - then gets benched and we lose. And we want to blame him for being pissed. Imagine that.

I liked Flutie, still do. But, then again, I tend to cheer for whoever the Bills put on the field. I'm a homer like that. Of course, some people just like to B word.

You do realize he already lived that dream? Twice before that incident ever took place. Not to say he did not get screwed, but let us not rewrite history and make it more dramatic.

I understand why you Like Jauron now. Both Flutie and Jauron are similar. Nice guys, easy to root for, neither one is a long term winner ....

I understand why you Like Jauron now. Both Flutie and Jauron are similar. Nice guys, easy to root for, neither one is a long term winner ....

You're a dick. Flutie's the last QB to get us to the playoffs, and he didn't even have the chance to win us the Superbowl, yet you rag on him. It doesn't make any sense.

I still don't believe Edwards is scared. I also don't believe his injury is faked. The team, Jauron, nobody gains anything by having Losman in there since he will be leaving at the end of the year regardless of how he plays this weekend. Of course, even if he does have a good game, the next would be the opposite, but that's a different topic. These guys are all pros and I have a hard time believing they faked the injury. Word would have gotten out if it were true. I think Edwards still has confidence, I'm just not sure he's being prepared correctly. He can't be since they haven't figured out the 3-4 defense yet.

You're a dick. Flutie's the last QB to get us to the playoffs, and he didn't even have the chance to win us the Superbowl, yet you rag on him. It doesn't make any sense.

Here's my thoughts. (The DEFENSE took us to the playoffs in 1999, NOT the dwarf)

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1203223

Plain and simple, doug flutie isn't very good. If he was, he'd have stuck in the NFL a lot longer than he did. Once teams saw him play a couple of games, they had the book on him, and he got shut down. And no matter how namy "spectacular" plays he made, they dont make up for him choking away the miami playoff game in '98 with his fumble.