From the content of this week's conversation, it appears...

SDS

Trolling for discussion topics? I'll bite ...

"Come to terms" is probably an apt description. There's still a lot of anger, but I believe people are now resigned to the fact that the team will be boarding buses on Saturday and crossing the border for a so-called "home" game. Hate the idea, but there's not a whole heck of a lot we can do about it, and the topic has been beaten into the ground since it first reared its ugly head in October 2007. And with Ted Rogers' passing earlier in the week, the chief bogeyman in the scenario is out of the picture.

FIRE THE COACH!! and PLAYER [xxxx] STINKS!!!, now, there are some rants people can still get amped up about. How the hell DID we get from 5-1 and the darlings of the national media to 6-6 and sinking fast, anyhow?

I'd be much more up-in-arms about it if we had a reasonable shot at the playoffs and were healthier and not sucking quite so much.

True dat. If Buffalo, not Miami, was the team still firmly in the playoff picture ... but they're not.

Have we come to terms with the Toronto deal? Is it just not that big of deal and the short term fortunes of the team are more discussion worthy?

The Toronto deal is a smart business move. We just pocketed $78 mil! Hopefully Ralph spends it on players/coaches cuz he can't take it to the grave with him. The Bills are still viable in WNY and will stay. And of course the short term problems are more to talk about because the present is all that matters. The future is an unkown. Who cares about politics, I just wanna focus on football and the season at hand.

"The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery but today's a gift, that's why they call it the present." - Mike Ditka

The Toronto deal is a smart business move. We just pocketed $78 mil! Hopefully Ralph spends it only players/coaches cuz he can't take it to the grave with him. The Bills are still viable in WNY and will stay. And of course the short term problems are more to talk about because the present is all that matters. The future is an unkown. Who cares about politics, I just wanna focus on football and the season at hand.

"The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery but today's a gift, that's why they call it the present." - Mike Ditka

"We just pocketed $78 mil!" ? Ralph pocketed the money, not "WE". He can't take it with him but he has heirs to leave it to. I expect him to spend the minimum amount he has to before he dies.

I think a little field trip is exactly what the doctor ordered for the boys. It lets them play inside and be comfortable. Since they'll be in a neutral site, maybe the fans won't yell at them and hurt their feelings. If they lose, they can blame it on the bus trip. If they win, they can talk about their imminent Super Bowl trip. :worthy:

I am just pissed because attending the Miami at Buffalo game in December was an annual favorite of mine. I will watch or listen to the game, but have no desire (or time or money) to go to Toronto for the game. I am resigned to some "home" games there.

"We just pocketed $78 mil!" ? Ralph pocketed the money, not "WE". He can't take it with him but he has heirs to leave it to. I expect him to spend the minimum amount he has to before he dies.

Well you're wrong. New issue of !@#$ reprinted 2008 nfl team by team payroll from USA today(I believe). Bills were....

16TH in total payroll. Firmly in the middle and ahead of several playoff contenders. The Bills spend plenty, that isn't their problem. They just spend it poorly.

A little prep work for your WBEN interview; I see. :worthy:

Just making sure my initial analysis was correct.

It seemed to me there was very little hand-wringing going on about the game and I guess I wondered if the cause was burnout, acceptance, or just the over-taking of more immediate events.

The Toronto deal is a smart business move. We just pocketed $78 mil! Hopefully Ralph spends it only players/coaches cuz he can't take it to the grave with him. The Bills are still viable in WNY and will stay. And of course the short term problems are more to talk about because the present is all that matters. The future is an unkown. Who cares about politics, I just wanna focus on football and the season at hand.

Ralph spends about the bare minimum on players. About 20M less than the salary cap, which is barely within the NFL mandated minimum.

With areas he doesn't have to spend, like coaches and general managers, he's notoriously frugal.

His income from the Toronto deal is and will not result in more being spent on players, coaches, or executives. It's just improving the bottom line.

Just making sure my initial analysis was correct.

It seemed to me there was very little hand-wringing going on about the game and I guess I wondered if the cause was burnout, acceptance, or just the over-taking of more immediate events.

To me, it just seemed as the usual chaos that ensues upon our annual swoon brings out the worst posters this board has to offer so I just stand back and seek safe haven in Off The Wall (as you can see by my post count, I mostly lurk). But the Toronto aspect of the game is absolutely first and foremost in my mind. Sadly, I will be treating this as a bye week like stated in another thread. I will spend some quality time with my wife and get some Xmas shopping done. I simply cannot stomach watching my team play a "home" game in another city. This game may be good for Ralph's finances, but it sucks for me. Also, the realization is setting in for me know that this team will be gone permanently shortly after Ralph's death. I always believed he wouldn't do it to us but he is intent on not taking the necessary steps to ensure the franchise remaining in Buffalo. So, f him. My emotional attachment to the team is waning a little with each mediocre season, probably as a defense mechanism to the big bomb I know is coming. Before anyone flames me as fair weather, know that my family and/or my business have been season ticket holders continuously since 1973 and I have attended over 80% of the games at the Ralph since that time.

Have we come to terms with the Toronto deal? Is it just not that big of deal and the short term fortunes of the team are more discussion worthy?

It was pretty much a done deal for me when Ralph stated at the Toronto signing/press conference, and I paraphrase,

that he didn't care whether fans in Buffalo were concerned about the Bills future in Buffalo.

What else really needs to be said. Wish I had the quote.

What more can be said about Toronto? We will all have to wait for Ralph to DIE to know about the future of the Bills in Buffalo.

Don't take it personally but I hope Ralph is still around when you die. Ralph being alive is much more important to Bills.

I personally do not think the deal was bad for effort of getting Bills staying in Buffalo.

Don't take it personally but I hope Ralph is still around when you die. Ralph being alive is much more important to Bills.

I personally do not think the deal was bad for effort of getting Bills staying in Buffalo.

I hope Ralph is still around when I die. I also don't think the deal was all that bad, if it keeps the Bills in Buffalo GREAT. :P I'm just saying the fact is we will not know the future of the Bills until Ralph dies. I hope he lives to 110 years old even if the team is crappy at least it will be in Buffalo.