What you post is crazy

WordByrd

And you can't make the playoffs with a complete retard for a coach.

I agree,this last game was enough for me.

Watching a backup QB trying to throw it all 4th qtr against the 49ers when Lynch was owning them made me snap. I actually used to like Jauron and supported him before this game. Clearly he lets Turk "shotgun" Schonert call all the offensive plays and I'm fed up watching Bills QB continue to fail when they don't even try to run the ball. :worthy:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys just want immediate results which is a dumb thing to expect out of such a young team. They're on the brink of being good.

You know, we've been a year or 2 away from a good team for about 10 years now, and most of us are pretty damn tired of waiting for "tomorrow".

If you want to sing that song I suggest you find a community playhouse production of Annie you can participate in...

Thanks for not being a meathead with no real substance to your post like the rest of these replies. You seem level headed. The rest of you should be Pats fans

You've been on this board for literally days. Show some civility and cut out the personal attacks.

Everyone around here is free to express an opinion, to a certain degree.

For the record, we're not Pats fans. You're talking to fans who've weathered 9 years of futility, and want the team to win one of these decades. We don't run when the team goes in the tank, like New England fans do.

You know, we've been a year or 2 away from a good team for about 10 years now, and most of us are pretty damn tired of waiting for "tomorrow".

If you want to sing that song I suggest you find a community playhouse production of Annie you can participate in...

Say what you will about Jauron, but even if he is a terrible coach as people claim, this team is still far more likely to make the playoffs in '09 with a 4th year lame duck head coach than a rookie head coach.

There have been examples of rookie coaches getting it done the last few years, but it is still the exception to the rule. If you're truly THAT impatient, you ought to be hoping Jauron is here next year.

Say what you will about Jauron, but even if he is a terrible coach as people claim, this team is still far more likely to make the playoffs in '09 with a 4th year lame duck head coach than a rookie head coach.

There have been examples of rookie coaches getting it done the last few years, but it is still the exception to the rule. If you're truly THAT impatient, you ought to be hoping Jauron is here next year.

I think that's well put, even if I don't really have a ton of faith DJ won't keep it in reverse, gaining speed. Even as it was happening (5-1) I viewed it as a welcome bonus, because I thought 2009 and 2010 were the years that would start the big upswing. A welcome bonus seems to be just another Buff sports tease.

Guest dog14787
You know what's risky? Forcing the players to learn ANOTHER coach's schemes, plays, and philosophy. If you haven't played football, you don't know that it's a huge deal to bring in a new coach. You're going to set the team back by getting rid of Dick. You guys just want immediate results which is a dumb thing to expect out of such a young team. They're on the brink of being good. If they suck next year with Jauron, then maybe. But keep Jauron another year and I bet the Bills win 11 games next year

Its the coachs philosophy, plays and schemes that are at question. Instead of getting better since Dick Jauron became head coach, the Buffalo Bills have gotten worst. The gameplans we come up with every week are a joke. We play sloppy, penalty filled football. Game time decisions have been horrible and at times, even costed the bills ball games.

Buddy, I could go on and on.

One thing I will add just to be fair. The team has played hard and most of the problems seem to be on the offensive side of the ball, but here we are on the schemes and philosphy again, Jauron is a defensive minded coach and who is supposed to fix our offense and give us a good game plan if not the head coach.

A bunch of morons on a message board ripping somebody who has an opinion different than theirs.....that takes a lot of intelligence. Having lived in Buffalo for as long as I did, I didn't expect much more than that.....typical flock mentality that abounds there.

:worthy:

This time last year I was the one being ripped by the masses for saying Jauron sucked, needed to be fired, and for the Bills to hire Steve Spaguolo. Where was your support for me against the "morons" and "typical flock mentality"?! Oh that's right, you STILL think that Dick Jauron is salvageable as a head coach.

I don't understand how a lot of people can post things like "fire jauron", "draft a QB". This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Did you guys know Buffalo is the third youngest team in the league? Do you remember when Coughlin was on the brink of being fired, and Eli was about to be benched? Then what happened? Ohh yeah, they shut everybody up by winning the superbowl. Give it some time. Trent is so young, and shows so much promise. Eli, Peyton, Cutler, and most QB's took 2 or 3 years to become solid QB's. We know Trent is smart, accurate, a hard worker, and a good face for the Bills. Everyone who calls for replacing him is just ignorant to how football works.

Agreed. Edwards is the QB and I don't want to hear boo about that until 2010 at the earliest. He's way ahead of where Eli was at the same stage.

Which brings me to my next point. FIRE JAURON? I don't think so. The man has the respect of his team, and he is full of football knowledge. Once again, our team is so young! We have players who will be great (Marshawn, Trent, Evans, Poz, etc.) JUST LET THEM MATURE. Jauron is just like Marv Levy with his approach. He is quiet, has a lot of football knowledge, and doesn't take crap (notice we don't have an Ocho Cinco or Moss). Listen to the press conferences on Bills.com. You'll constantly hear players praise Coach Jauron. He can't go out there and get experience for them. He can't accelerate experience. We've been tearing everything down and starting all over again every 3 years since Jim Kelly left. DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME TO STICK WITH WHAT WE HAVE? We have potential, and that's very valuable if you're willing to let the young players that we have mature.

Disagree. Players need to mature, not coaches. Being a 'players' coach' is not the same as being a good coach.

That's an interesting concept. What's even more interesting is when that concept is applied to Jauron.

He has 1 winning record out of 7 (8) years. At what point are you willing to admit that one winning season was the exception, and not the rule?

Let's look at the first part of your post. Let's assume what you say is correct, and the team makes the playoffs despite Jauron's idiotic coaching. Do you fire him then? He is a terrible coach, right? How many Jauron apologists will be frothing at the mouth claiming vindication and starting An Apology Thread for Dick Jauron? What about the following year when he tanks the team again? Do we give him another 4 years?

I hate to break it you. Even good talented players cannot overcome bad coaching in the playoffs (see Schottenheimer).

. Everyone who calls for replacing him is just ignorant to how football works.

The man has the respect of his team, and he is full of

I am ignorant then.

I didnt learn a thing playing or coaching.

and yes, Jauron is full of something.

1 winning season in 9 years? Time to move on.

:worthy:

This time last year I was the one being ripped by the masses for saying Jauron sucked, needed to be fired, and for the Bills to hire Steve Spaguolo. Where was your support for me against the "morons" and "typical flock mentality"?! Oh that's right, you STILL think that Dick Jauron is salvageable as a head coach.

In all fairness, Spaugnolo sp? is in a Parcells linked system, right? (In an article on 2BD- GM's/ VP's/scouts from Miami to Dallas to Miami) That has to be a better set up than coming into this club and having to acclimate. I dunno if he'd have the same success (esp. early on) coming in here with the ghost of Levy hanging around. The Bills would never sign Joey Porter, either.

Even though we did court Lawrence Phillips once...

So someone puts up a post with the title calling other peoples' posts "crazy," then calls people meatheads and guilty of a flock mentality for not agreeing with him?

This is a sports message board, not a kid's piano recital. People are here to debate their opinions, not applaud everything that gets posted...If Jauron does it for you, fine. Others disagree. Doesn't make them meatheads or crazy.

My own preference...they maintain continuity and start to win and be competitive. But I have serious doubts that Jauron can do it and would not be crushed if he was replaced. His in-game management has been sloppy...and a lot of knowledgeable football people concur.

You've been on this board for literally days. Show some civility and cut out the personal attacks.

Everyone around here is free to express an opinion, to a certain degree.

For the record, we're not Pats fans. You're talking to fans who've weathered 9 years of futility, and want the team to win one of these decades. We don't run when the team goes in the tank, like New England fans do.

Actually, just because I joined this board a few days ago, doesn't mean I haven't been a fan for decades. So your argument doesn't hold any substance

Actually, just because I joined this board a few days ago, doesn't mean I haven't been a fan for decades. So your argument doesn't hold any substance

Civility means you do not move into your new home and immediately start insulting the neighbors. If you do not like what the neighbors are saying, do not move in.

The one thing that I might agree with is the QB thing. I'd like to give Edwards another year before I make the final call on him. The one thing that I keep telling myself is that Bill Walsh personally called the Bills to tell them to draft Edwards and that says a lot knowing who it come from.

i agree that we should only ditch jauron if we have a vet coach ready to go (like shotty).

as far as our execution problems, our special teams have made about as many mistakes as any other unit, they just make up with more big plays. our real weakness in coaching, talent, and playing is on O. we need trent to grow up ahead of schedule, we need another play maker (or a guy to step up) in passing, and we need our play calling on O to improve. that either means we need to upgrade the rook OC, or we need to just get a new guy in.

the whole blow up the team, bring in 3-4 on d, make april the HC today, all that junk is just moron hot air.

And you can't make the playoffs with a complete retard for a coach.

Well...He's not a retard...He's actually a pretty smart Guy...But His IQ is greatly lacking as an NFL HC...When You get out-game-planned on most Sundays, when your Team looks lost and squanders Time Outs consistantly, when the decisions you make back fire on you almost every Game, when you don't challenge Plays that are obviously wrong and you do challenge plays that are clearly called right, when you can't figure out how to move the Ball vs. a 3-4 Defense after you've seen it multiple times...well...

Dead Dick simply does not have what it takes to be a winning Head Coach in the NFL...At least not a consistant Winner...I mean...Is this not pretty much proven by now? He's had one winning Season as a HC...In that Season, a Season in which He had a 13-3 Team, he lost in the 1st Round of the Playoffs...Then He follows the 13-3 Season up with a 4-12 season!!!He's just not a winner...He's not on the cutting edge of Game strategy as a HC...He preaches working hard, positive mind set and attitude, then sends His Teams out there with poor preperation and Game Plans...I think that's why the Bills Players look lost so often...They trust and respect Jauron...They drank Jauron's kool-aid and they can't figure out why things are not going right for them...They are ill-prepared, and in The NFL you simply cannot win consistantly with hard-work and positive attitude...You need Coaches who understand how to adjust on the fly and Coaches who are able to out-think their Opponents consistantly...Jauron can't do that...That's why Dead Dick must go... :worthy:

So someone puts up a post with the title calling other peoples' posts "crazy," then calls people meatheads and guilty of a flock mentality for not agreeing with him?

This is a sports message board, not a kid's piano recital. People are here to debate their opinions, not applaud everything that gets posted...If Jauron does it for you, fine. Others disagree. Doesn't make them meatheads or crazy.

My own preference...they maintain continuity and start to win and be competitive. But I have serious doubts that Jauron can do it and would not be crushed if he was replaced. His in-game management has been sloppy...and a lot of knowledgeable football people concur.

Well said.