What you post is crazy

WordByrd

I don't understand how a lot of people can post things like "fire jauron", "draft a QB". This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Did you guys know Buffalo is the third youngest team in the league? Do you remember when Coughlin was on the brink of being fired, and Eli was about to be benched? Then what happened? Ohh yeah, they shut everybody up by winning the superbowl. Give it some time. Trent is so young, and shows so much promise. Eli, Peyton, Cutler, and most QB's took 2 or 3 years to become solid QB's. We know Trent is smart, accurate, a hard worker, and a good face for the Bills. Everyone who calls for replacing him is just ignorant to how football works.

Which brings me to my next point. FIRE JAURON? I don't think so. The man has the respect of his team, and he is full of football knowledge. Once again, our team is so young! We have players who will be great (Marshawn, Trent, Evans, Poz, etc.) JUST LET THEM MATURE. Jauron is just like Marv Levy with his approach. He is quiet, has a lot of football knowledge, and doesn't take crap (notice we don't have an Ocho Cinco or Moss). Listen to the press conferences on Bills.com. You'll constantly hear players praise Coach Jauron. He can't go out there and get experience for them. He can't accelerate experience. We've been tearing everything down and starting all over again every 3 years since Jim Kelly left. DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME TO STICK WITH WHAT WE HAVE? We have potential, and that's very valuable if you're willing to let the young players that we have mature.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how a lot of people can post things like "fire jauron", "draft a QB". This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Did you guys know Buffalo is the third youngest team in the league? Do you remember when Coughlin was on the brink of being fired, and Eli was about to be benched? Then what happened? Ohh yeah, they shut everybody up by winning the superbowl. Give it some time. Trent is so young, and shows so much promise. Eli, Peyton, Cutler, and most QB's took 2 or 3 years to become solid QB's. We know Trent is smart, accurate, a hard worker, and a good face for the Bills. Everyone who calls for replacing him is just ignorant to how football works.

Which brings me to my next point. FIRE JAURON? I don't think so. The man has the respect of his team, and he is full of football knowledge. Once again, our team is so young! We have players who will be great (Marshawn, Trent, Evans, Poz, etc.) JUST LET THEM MATURE. Jauron is just like Marv Levy with his approach. He is quiet, has a lot of football knowledge, and doesn't take crap (notice we don't have an Ocho Cinco or Moss). Listen to the press conferences on Bills.com. You'll constantly hear players praise Coach Jauron. He can't go out there and get experience for them. He can't accelerate experience. We've been tearing everything down and starting all over again every 3 years since Jim Kelly left. DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME TO STICK WITH WHAT WE HAVE? We have potential, and that's very valuable if you're willing to let the young players that we have mature.

Oh, the irony ...

If we have to "wait until next year" and you are wrong........ well, expect no season ticket holders the year after.

Personally, I think that Jaruon's day game management speak volumes about his abilities as a head coach. This team is young but so are plenty of others who are playing and coached better.

Jauron may be full of football knowledge, but he hasn't really shown a lot in the way of application over the last half of the season. Have you ever seen another coach (and staff) mismanage time-outs, make bizarre challenges on replays, and oversee some really bizarre playcalling and keep his (their) job(s)? When was the last time we were able to say that Jauron made a key in-game adjustment? Coughlin was accused of not being able to connect with the players of today, but I don't recall criticism like this for his in-game management.

Jauron may know a lot about football, and yes, he has a young team to oversee and can't go on the field and make plays. But when the coach is part of the snowball effect of a bad team and coaching becomes as much of the problem as the play on the field, it's time to change the regime. I hope Jauron and the team can reverse the trend...but not encouraged by what I've been seeing.

Keeping Jauron is a HUGE RISK if you believe that this team has the talent to become a good one with a young core and maybe a few new additions. In keeping him, you're saying you believe that he is capable of developing that talent. If he doesn't get it done in another year or two; then the time, effort and expense invested in that talent (which is then more subject to free agency) is lost. You're betting that Jauron will achieve something he has yet to achieve as a head coach. That's risky as hell IMO.

Keeping Jauron is a HUGE RISK if you believe that this team has the talent to become a good one with a young core and maybe a few new additions. In keeping him, you're saying you believe that he is capable of developing that talent. If he doesn't get it done in another year or two; then the time, effort and expense invested in that talent (which is then more subject to free agency) is lost. You're betting that Jauron will achieve something he has yet to achieve as a head coach. That's risky as hell IMO.

You know what's risky? Forcing the players to learn ANOTHER coach's schemes, plays, and philosophy. If you haven't played football, you don't know that it's a huge deal to bring in a new coach. You're going to set the team back by getting rid of Dick. You guys just want immediate results which is a dumb thing to expect out of such a young team. They're on the brink of being good. If they suck next year with Jauron, then maybe. But keep Jauron another year and I bet the Bills win 11 games next year

A bunch of morons on a message board ripping somebody who has an opinion different than theirs.....that takes a lot of intelligence. Having lived in Buffalo for as long as I did, I didn't expect much more than that.....typical flock mentality that abounds there.

Pozfan, I don't agree with some of what you said- Jauron has a similar approach to Levy, but isn't nearly as good. In his defense, most of our starting offensive and defensive linemen wouldn't have made the roster when Levy first came to Buffalo. And the same goes for our WR's

I was ready to forgive the play calling v. Dallas last yr because I was impressed by the character of the 'second tier' youth he had available. I really liked the toughness they displayed. If this was a veteran team, I'd consider letting him coach the first year of his extension since I had to eat it anyway, and there have been flashes of inspiration from the players, and the players like him. Stability does have value, if tinkering can really help.

Now, I hear too many befuddled young players in post-game press conferences. I am very pro-Trent's potential, and I swear I've seen some of the best decisions made by a Bills QB since Flutie early 98. (Bledsoe talk still hurts too much) Losing a young QB that we've been potentially (that word again) waiting for 10 years is too high a risk to take if it's the coaching staff's fault for his decline. Hardy's progress doesn't bug me much, he's probably a kid that never had to truly work before, he was so gifted athletically. Remember Moulds early? The Coach implied he was a couple clicks this side of short bus. Once he learned the game, his athleticism took him to next level. He wasn't stupid, just football lazy, and figured it out. I can't point at (Steve... Jackson?) getting in more snaps as all failure- perhaps he's developing pleasantly ahead of schedule?

What else can I believe on some levels. They already cashed the check.

Van Pelt was very 'listenable' on the radio, I wonder if he is an effective coach?

A bunch of morons on a message board ripping somebody who has an opinion different than theirs.....that takes a lot of intelligence. Having lived in Buffalo for as long as I did, I didn't expect much more than that.....typical flock mentality that abounds there.

Pozfan, I don't agree with some of what you said- Jauron has a similar approach to Levy, but isn't nearly as good. In his defense, most of our starting offensive and defensive linemen wouldn't have made the roster when Levy first came to Buffalo. And the same goes for our WR's

Thanks for not being a meathead with no real substance to your post like the rest of these replies. My only argument is that, you're right, Jauron obviously isn't as good as Marv... yet. He could be. Look at Marv's record with Kansas City. Horrible. You know what bothers me? In the first 6 weeks, Jauron had the highest approval rating for any coach in the league on ESPN.com. Some injuries happen, the players fail to execute, and other defenses adjust to Trent (making him less effective), and now everybody says FIRE JAURON. Bandwagon jumpers. Once again, I'm ashamed to be a Bills fan when I read most of these posts. They're so full of ignorance. I played 12 years of football. I feel like I know a little more about the game than these fair weather fans writing on this board.

Thanks for the support though Adam. You seem level headed. The rest of you should be Pats fans

Thanks for not being a meathead with no real substance to your post like the rest of these replies. My only argument is that, you're right, Jauron obviously isn't as good as Marv... yet. He could be. Look at Marv's record with Kansas City. Horrible. You know what bothers me? In the first 6 weeks, Jauron had the highest approval rating for any coach in the league on ESPN.com. Some injuries happen, the players fail to execute, and other defenses adjust to Trent (making him less effective), and now everybody says FIRE JAURON. Bandwagon jumpers. Once again, I'm ashamed to be a Bills fan when I read most of these posts. They're so full of ignorance. I played 12 years of football. I feel like I know a little more about the game than these fair weather fans writing on this board.

Thanks for the support though Adam. You seem level headed. The rest of you should be Pats fans

I remember that even the not so talented players played with more of an edge to them for Marv- I don't think Jauron will ever be as good as Levy, but I don't think we should consider firing him unless we have a sure thing lined up- but when he goes, we will conduct the usual search

Adam.

When is it time to call a spade a spade in your book? I highly doubt many true Bills fans are looking at the prospect of blowing it all up and starting from scratch, yet again, with unbridled jubilation. It's unwise to assume so.

As Bills fans, we want the team to be successful and in the hunt for a Super Bowl. That's why they play the game. But there has to be a time of reckoning, a time when there is some accountability, doesn't there? If not, then you have the Detroit Lions and a Polyanna owner that thinks if he gives his clueless President/GM/coach a couple more seasons, then against some vanishingly small probability, something like 1 over the Shannon number, the light will just come on and everything will be hunky-dory.

Does the team really have to slip all the way over the brink and free fall into oblivion with multiple 0,1,2 win seasons in order to truly know, "Gee, Dr. Spock, this wasn't such a great plan after all?"

Adam.

When is it time to call a spade a spade in your book? I highly doubt many true Bills fans are looking at the prospect of blowing it all up and starting from scratch, yet again, with unbridled jubilation. It's unwise to assume so.

As Bills fans, we want the team to be successful and in the hunt for a Super Bowl. That's why they play the game. But there has to be a time of reckoning, a time when there is some accountability, doesn't there? If not, then you have the Detroit Lions and a Polyanna owner that thinks if he gives his clueless President/GM/coach a couple more seasons, then against some vanishingly small probability, something like 1 over the Shannon number, the light will just come on and everything will be hunky-dory.

Does the team really have to slip all the way over the brink and free fall into oblivion with multiple 0,1,2 win seasons in order to truly know, "Gee, Dr. Spock, this wasn't such a great plan after all?"

If we can get Schottenheimer, then fine, fire Jauron and bring him in- what I am not for is bringing in a coach that is equal or below Jauron. Have a replacement ready or don't make a move.

Adam.

You can't be in the hunt for a superbowl if you rebuild every few years