King Douchebag does it again

bills_fan

You have to be kidding?

I really can't believe the Yankees signed this douche for 10 years. I have to watch this **** for 9 more years... :thumbsup:

Oh no! He's honoring his family and heritage! What has the world come to? I'm a diehard Yankees fan myself, and I hate all the A-rod haters? First, no matter how "clutch" he is, he gives you 35 home runs and 100 RBIs in his BAD years. Who wouldn't want this guy in their lineup. And I know you're going to point to how he doesn't come up in big situations, so I'll remind you that he hit .462 in the 9th inning in 2007 to go along with 6 walk-off hits. And how can you call him a douche? He seems like one of the nicer guys in the sport.

Oh no! He's honoring his family and heritage! What has the world come to? I'm a diehard Yankees fan myself, and I hate all the A-rod haters? First, no matter how "clutch" he is, he gives you 35 home runs and 100 RBIs in his BAD years. Who wouldn't want this guy in their lineup. And I know you're going to point to how he doesn't come up in big situations, so I'll remind you that he hit .462 in the 9th inning in 2007 to go along with 6 walk-off hits. And how can you call him a douche? He seems like one of the nicer guys in the sport.

Without getting into his obvious failings with RISP or in close and late situations, he truly seems like the phoniest guy I have ever seen. Every move is calculated and fake. The best thing he did was say he didn't care about Jeter before the 07 season, it freed his mind to have a great year. In 08, back to the same schit. I can only imagine the ills 09 will bring with Madonna.

I despise the Yankees, but A-Rod is a terrific player, and Yankee fans who dog him reveal their stupidity. If there was a salary cap, I might understand, but the team can spend whatever it feels like spending. Why WOULDN'T you want him in the lineup?

I despise the Yankees, but A-Rod is a terrific player, and Yankee fans who dog him reveal their stupidity. If there was a salary cap, I might understand, but the team can spend whatever it feels like spending. Why WOULDN'T you want him in the lineup?

Exactly. And he still hasn't explained his beef with Arod playing for the Dominican.

Exactly. And he still hasn't explained his beef with Arod playing for the Dominican.

I'd say read the article. The author does a pretty good job of laying out the particulars of many questionable A-Rod decisions. A-Rod certainly has the right to play for the DR, given the rules, but it seems kind of ridiculous to switch horses midstream and leave USA Baseball, which needs him more than the DR team will.

To be fair, I like A-Rod as a player, I really do. And if the off-field distractions were minimal, I would love to have him suit up for the Tribe. But every time I start to like him as an icon of the sport, he rolls out another dumb move or stupid decision and adds another douchebag thing to his resume. It makes me wonder WTF is going on in his head.

I'd say read the article. The author does a pretty good job of laying out the particulars of many questionable A-Rod decisions. A-Rod certainly has the right to play for the DR, given the rules, but it seems kind of ridiculous to switch horses midstream and leave USA Baseball, which needs him more than the DR team will.

To be fair, I like A-Rod as a player, I really do. And if the off-field distractions were minimal, I would love to have him suit up for the Tribe. But every time I start to like him as an icon of the sport, he rolls out another dumb move or stupid decision and adds another douchebag thing to his resume. It makes me wonder WTF is going on in his head.

I'm still waiting to hear how this is a douchebag move.

But, A-Rod's bad decisions aren't like Plaxico's...A-Rod makes "marketing moves". So what? I can't believe his off-field stuff is much of a distraction to a good professional ball club.

How do you feel about Manny Ramirez?

I'm still waiting to hear how this is a douchebag move.

Why isn't it? He played the first WBC with the USA. Now all of the sudden he wants to join a loaded DR team when the US could really use him? Seems douchey to me.

But, A-Rod's bad decisions aren't like Plaxico's...A-Rod makes "marketing moves". So what? I can't believe his off-field stuff is much of a distraction to a good professional ball club.

How do you feel about Manny Ramirez?

What's the marketing move behind cheating on his wife with strippers and then banging the crypt keeper?

I think he is a distraction, especially in NY where every move is scrutinized.

Which Manny are we talking about? The focused, no-BS player who showed up in LA? The guy who wore out his welcome in Boston and turned into a malcontent? I wanted him to stay with the Tribe when his free agent contract was up, but not now. Too much baggage, too high a price tag to deal with that baggage.

What's the marketing move behind cheating on his wife with strippers and then banging the crypt keeper?

I think he is a distraction, especially in NY where every move is scrutinized.

Which Manny are we talking about? The focused, no-BS player who showed up in LA? The guy who wore out his welcome in Boston and turned into a malcontent? I wanted him to stay with the Tribe when his free agent contract was up, but not now. Too much baggage, too high a price tag to deal with that baggage.

With Manny it's the whole package, just as it is with A-Rod. There will be bad days. weeks and months, but, NO bad years. They are among the best players in the game. I'm a Red Sox fan, and I wish the team would have just weathered yet another Manny storm.

Divorce? Affairs with old ladies? Who the hell cares?

Why isn't it? He played the first WBC with the USA. Now all of the sudden he wants to join a loaded DR team when the US could really use him? Seems douchey to me.

It's not like he picked the DR out of a hat, it's his family's heritage and he spent a good deal of his childhood there. And don't try to tell me that the DR team is more "loaded" than the American team...they just have more national pride and work better together as a unit than America. If you put the 9 best American players on the field, they should be able to wipe the floor with ANY team.

Pitcher - CC Sabathia

Catcher - Joe Mauer

First Base - Lance Berkman

Second Base - Dustin Pedroia

Shortstop - Jimmy Rollins

Third Base - David Wright

Left Field - Ryan Braun

Center Field - Josh Hamilton

Right Field - Matt Holliday (plays in left, but corner outfielders can switch easily)

That team could beat literally any other. The problem is many don't feel like risking injury, whereas players from other nations actually feel repping their culture is important. If the guys listed above don't want to play, that ain't Arod's problem.

With Manny it's the whole package, just as it is with A-Rod. There will be bad days. weeks and months, but, NO bad years. They are among the best players in the game. I'm a Red Sox fan, and I wish the team would have just weathered yet another Manny storm.

I can't respect Manny because of the way he jogs on the field, both in left field and running out ground balls. When he isn't fighting for a contract, I feel like he doesn't give a crap. I'm a baseball purist and I get so pissed when I see him standing at home plate admiring a home run that turns out to be a double, but that he turns into a long single because he didn't run out of the box. I found it so ironic that he and Pedroia shared the same uniform. Put Dustin's heart in Manny's body and you've got yourself the greatest player of all time.

Dude, come on. It's NYC. Everyone cares. Every move he makes is scrutinized by the tabloids. You really don't think that stuff causes issues in the locker room, if for nothing more than people continually talking about it? The media keeps asking about it, the fans call in to the talk shows, etc.

As for Manny - well this wasn't just another "Manny being Manny" storm. He and the Red Sox played that "is he coming back, are we going to trade him, I want to be traded" game for how many years? They said at the beginning of the year that they weren't going to talk about extending his contract, and declined to discuss his 09 and 2010 options and He was gone when he attacked the team's traveling secretary.

If you haven't read it, you should check out The Sports Guy's look into the end of the Manny saga. An interesting read, even for that whining, spoiled B word.

If you haven't read it, you should check out The Sports Guy's look into the end of the Manny saga. An interesting read, even for that whining, spoiled B word.

Don't bother, it's a ridiculously long article in which Bill Simmons absolves Manny of all blame and dumps it on Scott Boras, who Simmons claims manipulated Manny into acting the way he did. Yeah, Boras is a douche but this one's all on Manny. He makes his own decisions.

It's not like he picked the DR out of a hat, it's his family's heritage and he spent a good deal of his childhood there. And don't try to tell me that the DR team is more "loaded" than the American team...they just have more national pride and work better together as a unit than America. If you put the 9 best American players on the field, they should be able to wipe the floor with ANY team.

Pitcher - CC Sabathia

Catcher - Joe Mauer

First Base - Lance Berkman

Second Base - Dustin Pedroia

Shortstop - Jimmy Rollins

Third Base - David Wright

Left Field - Ryan Braun

Center Field - Josh Hamilton

Right Field - Matt Holliday (plays in left, but corner outfielders can switch easily)

That team could beat literally any other. The problem is many don't feel like risking injury, whereas players from other nations actually feel repping their culture is important. If the guys listed above don't want to play, that ain't Arod's problem.

A-Rod spent spent four years there, not a good deal of his childhood. Born in NYC, moved to DR at 4, moved back at 8. But thanks for reminding me of something I already posted - that A-Rod certainly has the right to play for the DR, given the WBC's rules. (That also makes me wonder why the WBC doesn't have a "make your choice and that's it" clause like the Olympics has. A lot of NHL players who hold dual citizenship got to choose who they wanted to play for, US or Canada, but once they made that choice they couldn't go back for another team.)

And don't try to tell me that they would "wipe the floor with any team." They would have as good a chance as any to win the tourney, but they would not necessarily dominate, especially given the format.

Course none of this matters anyway - last time Team USA got knocked out of the WBC by that powerhouse to the south of us, Mexico. Took a pretty good roster, too - Jeter, A-Rod, Utley, Michael Young, Teixiera, Damon, Griffey, Matt Holliday, Varitek, Jake Peavy, Joe Nathan...

Don't bother, it's a ridiculously long article in which Bill Simmons absolves Manny of all blame and dumps it on Scott Boras, who Simmons claims manipulated Manny into acting the way he did. Yeah, Boras is a douche but this one's all on Manny. He makes his own decisions.

:worthy: