The New Coach of the Bills is...

If we go with an unproven HC, I do like this pick. I still prefer a proven HC like a Mariucci, Billick, or Cowher (list Cowher last as I think he is the least likely of the 3 to come here). Maybe even Schottenheimer too...mainly because there is so much that goes into running a team as a HC and it is so hard to tell if these coordinators can adapt. Mularkey, Gregg Williams, and so many others were highly touted coordinators who just weren't able to make the leap.

Sure, there are some that become great coaches...but we have a young team and I think our young team that is learning on the job would be better led by someone that wasnt also learning on the job. They need veteran leadership here from a proven and qualified coach.

Again, if we go with the unproven guy, at least in terms of being a HC, then I do like him, but I will still much prefer someone who has proven to be able to take a mediocre or bad team and turn them into a contender or champion.

Mariucci did with the 49ers when everyone said it would be a decade before they could recover.

Billick won a Super Bowl with Balt who wasnt any good at all when he got there.

Cowher took over a bad Pitt team and made them a consistent powerhouse in the AFC with multiple super bowl trips and a super bowl trophy.

Marty has built winners everywhere he has been.

EVERYBODY RELAX, WE HAVENT EVEN FIRED DJ YET.WHO KNOWS IF WE ARE.

I just want our next HC to have some bite (read: balls) to him. Mularky and Williams were obviously just yes-men because TD was afraid of another HC-GM feud, like the one he had with Cowher.

And Jauron is just another don't-rock-the-boat kind of guy. Well, this boat needs to be rocked.

However, I kinda do like the fact that we can hire a new HC without gutting the whole FO, since we really don't have a GM.

I just want our next HC to have some bite (read: balls) to him. Mularky and Williams were obviously just yes-men because TD was afraid of another HC-GM feud, like the one he had with Cowher.

And Jauron is just another don't-rock-the-boat kind of guy. Well, this boat needs to be rocked.

However, I kinda do like the fact that we can hire a new HC without gutting the whole FO, since we really don't have a GM.

What most fans fail to realize is this organization is hamstrung greatly by its owner.

Ralph Wilson, his problem is that he is constrained by the fact that his team is in Buffalo and not a larger,wealthier city.

Wilson wants the team to actually make a profit ...thus he will never ever bring in a guy like Bill Cowher or anyone else who would cause the team to initially lose money.

What Ralph Wilson fails to realize is... first,you can't take it with you. Second,its what Bill Polian kept trying to make Wilson understand. If you put quality on the field,sidelines and office that people will flock to see you and ultimately people will pay whatever you want to charge to see a great team.

You mean the Schobel who has been a non-factor for the past 3 seasons and is gonna be 32 and has been injured this year after doing absolutely nothing before he was injured?? that guy?

Exactly. Schobel is so done.

Marv signing Kelsay and Schobel to those ridiculous contracts were quite possibly the worst

personnel moves I've witnessed by the Bills since Ole' Whitey left.

I said "quite possibly", there are others.

:worthy:

What most fans fail to realize is this organization is hamstrung greatly by its owner.

Ralph Wilson, his problem is that he is constrained by the fact that his team is in Buffalo and not a larger,wealthier city.

Wilson wants the team to actually make a profit ...thus he will never ever bring in a guy like Bill Cowher or anyone else who would cause the team to initially lose money.

What Ralph Wilson fails to realize is... first,you can't take it with you. Second,its what Bill Polian kept trying to make Wilson understand. If you put quality on the field,sidelines and office that people will flock to see you and ultimately people will pay whatever you want to charge to see a great team.

Do you have any idea how much money he is making by taking a game away from Buffalo and

selling tickets in Toronto?

Steve Mariucci. He really had high praise for Edwards...They come from the same background system and he could get Edwards to play his style of offense.

Whoever they get as the HC, they need a better Defensive Coordinator, who can put his guys to make plays....not play 10 yards off the receivers.