J. Reed question: how is his blocking?

I "watch" the Bills via CBS Sportsline/nfl.com.

How well or poorly had Reed been blocking on run or pass plays?

I ask, because I wonder if he could be a backfield player.

87682[/snapback]

Great, just what we need! Now starting at running back for the Buffalo Bills TravisHenryWillis McahaeeJoshReed.

To be serious, he did start his career at LSU as a running back.

87682[/snapback]

I know he hasn't had to much of a problem blocking the ball out of his hands this year. :(:P:P

Seriously though, he hasn't been to bad at downfield blocking but that's against someone his own size. Given the fact that the Bills haven't had much need for downfield blocking this year, it's really hard to tell how anyone is doing with that. Putting him in the backfield to assist in blocking would probably get him killed and even make things worse than they already are. He is just to small to handle 240+ backers and 280+ ends and tackles.

87682[/snapback]

So far this season he's probably our best blocking WR. There was a crackback in the Miami game when he absolutely PLANTED one of the Fish LBers.

That is one facet of the game Lee Evans needs MUCHO work.

I know he hasn't had to much of a problem blocking the ball out of his hands this year.  :(    :P    :P

Seriously though, he hasn't been to bad at downfield blocking but that's against someone his own size. Given the fact that the Bills haven't had much need for downfield blocking this year, it's really hard to tell how anyone is doing with that. Putting him in the backfield to assist in blocking would probably get him killed and even make things worse than they already are. He is just to small to handle 240+ backers and 280+ ends and tackles.

87911[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. Isn't he comprable in size to TH? - I guess that's no recommendation, now that I think about it. Still...I've always thought that a player like Keith Byers or (forgive me Father for I have sinned) Ronnie Harmon helped an offense and gave a defense fits regarding game planning.