How many of you want to try a completly different approach?

#1 Can we agree that Ralph is cheap when it comes to hiring coaches?

#2 Can we also agree that if Dick Jauron is fired, a bright young assistant will probably replace him?

#3 Will you admit this doesn't work in Buffalo?

This situation calls for some imagination or nothing will ever change in Buffalo until the team is sold.

Tell me if you think this would be a better option and would Ralph buy into the change?

I would build a coaching staff from Former Buffalo Bills only.

#1 I want players that feel there is unfinished business in Buffalo and SHARE Buffalo's pain.

#2 I will pay them a competitive NFL salary with a huge 1 million dollar bonus for winning the Superbowl to every coach.

#3 I want former players that were leaders, and want a chance in Buffalo and are motivated to accomplish something that was not possible when they played here. This may provide closure for some ex-players that never won anything.

This could be a total team effort by the coaching staff to work together to achieve something special.

Please don't tell me no former players would be interested, you never know to you ask. I would hire a former Bill's player as head coach and interview everyone interested, then pick the BEST!

I saw somewhere there is over 15,000 ex Buffalo Bills.

This is an Example only

Head Coach, Schottenheimer or Jim Hasslet. ( Must be an experiened HEAD COACH)

Assistant Coach James Loften, and any number of qualified ex players

Offensive Line Coach, Kent Hull, Joe D. Mike Montler

Offensive coordinator, Frank Reich, Sam Wyche, don't think Jim would be interested.

Defensive Coordinator, Chris Spielman, Jim Haslett,

Defensive line coach, Phil Hanson, Mark Pike.

Linebacker coach, Daryl Talley, Chris Spielman, Shane Conlan, Ray Bentley,

You can fill in the rest of the coaching staff if you wish as this was only an example.

Some of you guys may be laughing, and I will be laughing when the Bills hire some bright young assistant from Pittsburgh, then hire a bunch of bargain basement assistant coaches that have no vested interest in Buffalo

I think Ralph would be happy with the competitive contracts and have no problem paying out the bonuses because the Bills would gain value.

WE NEED TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAT WILL SATISFY RALPH AND THE FANS AND GET AWAY FROM BRIGHT YOUNG ASSISTANTS.

You have 5 options

#1 A bright young assistant as head coach, with bargain basement assistants.

#2 Former Buffalo players with experience and desire ( interview everyone interested)

#3 Hope Ralph will change and hire a real coaching staff

#4 Stay with Dick Jauron

#5 B word

DIE HARD 1967

#1 Can we agree that Ralph is cheap when it comes to hiring coaches?

#2 Can we also agree that if Dick Jauron is fired, a bright young assistant will probably replace him?

#3 Will you admit this doesn't work in Buffalo?

This situation calls for some imagination or nothing will ever change in Buffalo until the team is sold.

Tell me if you think this would be a better option and would Ralph buy into the change?

I would build a coaching staff from Former Buffalo Bills only.

#1 I want players that feel there is unfinished business in Buffalo and feel Buffalo's pain.

#2 I will pay them a competitive NFL salary with a huge 1 million dollar bonus for winning the Superbowl to every coach.

#3 I want former players that were leaders, and want a chance in Buffalo and are motivated to accomplish something that was not posible when they played in here.

Please don't tell me no former players would be interested, you never know to you ask. I would hire a former Bill's player as head coach and interview everyone interested, then pick the BEST!

This is an Example only

Head Coach, Schottenheimer or Jim Hasslet.

Offensive Line Coach, Kent Hull, Joe D.

Offensive coordinator, Frank Reich, don't think Jim would be intersted.

Defensive Coordinator, Chris Spielman, Jim Haslett,

Linebacker coach, Daryl Talley, Chris Spielman, etc.

You can fill in the rest of the coaching staff if you wish as this was only an example.

Some of you guys may be laughing, and I will be laughing when the Bills hire some bright young assistant from Pittsburgh. then hire a bunch of bargain basement assistant coaches that have no vested interest in Buffalo

I think Ralph would be happy with the competive contracts and have no problem paying out the bonuses either because the Bills would gain value.

Your thought? Please keep an open mind, we need to try something different.

DIE HARD 1967

I would love to see Marty or Jim as HC with as many former QUALIFIED ex Bills as possible on the staff.

I don't even know anymore. My brain is pudding from all the whining and speculation. I only want one thing: To watch my football team play a football game in JANUARY. And it looks like I can't have that so I will have to resort to some combination of booze and possibly finding something else of value in my life to care about.

Changing coaches every three years is the definition of spinning your wheels, IMHO. I'm not happy with the results so far, but I'm unconvinced starting over is going to improve things.

Most of you guys must have been married many times. :thumbsup:

Changing coaches every three years is the definition of spinning your wheels, IMHO. I'm not happy with the results so far, but I'm unconvinced starting over is going to improve things.

I would agree with you if Dick showed any sign he could turn this thing around. Three years of 7-9 or there about is truly spinning your wheels. Look at Atlanta & Miami, it doesn't have to be that way.

I don't even know anymore. My brain is pudding from all the whining and speculation. I only want one thing: To watch my football team play a football game in JANUARY. And it looks like I can't have that so I will have to resort to some combination of booze and possibly finding something else of value in my life to care about.

We played in january in 2004 and 2005 and went 0-2.

Dr K,

I agree with you completely, but I am talking about IF JAURON IS FIRED

Marty, yeah. The rest I'm not real sure about. Sure it would be fun and cool, but if you get a bunch of guys who were good players and then make them coaches, who knows if they will be good coaches or not? Most good players don't make good coaches. See Dick Jauron. The more successful coaches have been marginal players. Good fun idea, but I'd rather have real experienced coaches with a good track record IF JAURON IS FIRED.

I say we really do a completly different approach. Guys like Thurman & Jim do not want to be coaches because of the long hours. Joe D thinks that sleep deprivation is one of the things that causes the Bills staff to screw things up on gameday.

Let's bring in a buch of lazy, millionare former players who just want to be back around players and the game. They can put in 40-50 hours a week, create simple gameplans that even Leodis can understand, and have fun.

Football is a sport. Sports are supposed to be fun. The Bills have looked more like 'workers' than 'players' for years.

I say we really do a completly different approach. Guys like Thurman & Jim do not want to be coaches because of the long hours. Joe D thinks that sleep deprivation is one of the things that causes the Bills staff to screw things up on gameday.

Let's bring in a buch of lazy, millionare former players who just want to be back around players and the game. They can put in 40-50 hours a week, create simple gameplans that even Leodis can understand, and have fun.

Football is a sport. Sports are supposed to be fun. The Bills have looked more like 'workers' than 'players' for years.

You may be surprised, most ex players are not even close to being Millionaires and those were only examples, we have over 15,000 to choose from.

Most ex Buffalo Bills have regular jobs and work 40 hours per week.

Some player pensions are as low as $800 per month or less depending on years in the NFL.

So following your line of thinking we should have kept Greg Williams as our head coach.

I'm sorry, but if 7 losing seasons in 8 years as a head coach is unconvincing, you need serious help.

Williams, Malarkey and Jauron were ALL dumb hires and our first gut reactions towards hearing those names were no doubt the correct ones. Not one time did we fans hear those names announced and think, "Hey, I can't believe we got this guy!". It was more like, "Who? That was the best we could do?" It was only after hearing the team and local media hype that we all fell in line and gave way to our hopes that these hires were fate and that the Bills were on their way to greatness again. What the Bills need to do is once again fire another failure and hire a real live authentic football coach who has great football instincts, intelligence and leadership abilities. None of these last three coaches had those qualities. There's a coach out there who does and is the perfect fit, they just have to find him like the Dolphins, Falcons and Ravens with fantastic success.

You may be surprised, most ex players are not even close to being Millionaires and those were only examples, we have over 15,000 to choose from.

Most ex Buffalo Bills have regular jobs and work 40 hours per week.

Some player pensions are as low as $800 per month or less.

I do not want the ones who work hard at regular jobs.

I'm trying to say that the players & coaches work to hard as it is.

I want the guys who will have fun.

Jim Kelly partied all week long, and on Sunday, he called the plays. He didn't spend 80 hours a week in the film room. He didn't have the best wunderlik or highest IQ - and he still ran an offense that was good enough to beat most of the teams in the NFL.

Football doesn't have to be hard. Football should be fun.

The Bills needs less 'workers' and more 'players'.

I do not want the ones who work hard at regular jobs.

I'm trying to say that the players & coaches work to hard as it is.

I want the guys who will have fun.

Jim Kelly partied all week long, and on Sunday, he called the plays. He didn't spend 80 hours a week in the film room. He didn't have the best wunderlik or highest IQ - and he still ran an offense that was good enough to beat most of the teams in the NFL.

Football doesn't have to be hard. Football should be fun.

The Bills needs less 'workers' and more 'players'.

Ok. I agree.

Most ex players have football in their veins and would like to be considered

I am too the point where frankly I am getting fed up with this team AND the approach they have taken.

This season has really drained me.....I was just convinced that a strong start would get us finally to the playoffs......I wasn't even thinking Super Bowl back when we were 5-1....I just wanted POST SEASON.

Ralph needs to bring in a coach who actually has a proven track record of winning seasons.....I dont care if this coach has ever won a super bowl because that is going to be really hard to get.

I want Martyball

I am too the point where frankly I am getting fed up with this team AND the approach they have taken.

This season has really drained me.....I was just convinced that a strong start would get us finally to the playoffs......I wasn't even thinking Super Bowl back when we were 5-1....I just wanted POST SEASON.

Ralph needs to bring in a coach who actually has a proven track record of winning seasons.....I dont care if this coach has ever won a super bowl because that is going to be really hard to get.

I want Martyball

I agree, I was just throwing this out there as an example of other options that might work for Ralph.

I bet it would really excite the fans

I bet it would really excite the fans

This would do nothing for me in terms of excitement. Hiring coaches based on the sole factor that they are former Bills(and many with no coaching experience) is only going to do one thing...It will guarantee a top 5 pick in the following years draft.

Sorry, I'll pass on this one.

This would do nothing for me in terms of excitement. Hiring coaches based on the sole factor that they are former Bills(and many with no coaching experience) is only going to do one thing...It will guarantee a top 5 pick in the following years draft.

Sorry, I'll pass on this one.

I clearly said the new head coach would pick the best!

I never said just pick any former player

I will take motivated coaches that love Buffalo over what we have now

Why does this guys name keep popping up? He was a good WR, but man, the WR's in Oakland have been terrible since he was a coordinator there...so what is it that makes him a candidate anywhere other than in the black hole known as the Oakland HC job?