Would you pay $3500 for cat?

Nervous Guy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.  A shot of binaca under the lip followed by the word "quiet" given in a commanding voice.  Repeat each and EVERY time the whining commences.

88276[/snapback]

She's pretty obedient, i mean, teaching her sit, paw, lay down, and after TONS of time, a semi-good "stay". But the whining, its like i dont want to yell at her, because she just doesn't want ot be alone. I think I'm being too pig of a kitty, but i have gotten pretty attached to the fur ball. And she really only whines when i leave.

She's pretty obedient, i mean, teaching her sit, paw, lay down, and after TONS of time, a semi-good "stay". But the whining, its like i dont want to yell at her, because she just doesn't want ot be alone. I think I'm being too pig of a kitty, but i have gotten pretty attached to the fur ball.  And she really only whines when i leave.

88282[/snapback]

It's not a big deal, as long as she doesn't destroy anything or hurt herself.

Stay is a tough one for alot of dogs. The key is interval. Work on it a few times a day but very the length each time. Dogs are like small children - they have a short attention span unless it is something they love to do.

She's pretty obedient, i mean, teaching her sit, paw, lay down, and after TONS of time, a semi-good "stay". But the whining, its like i dont want to yell at her, because she just doesn't want ot be alone. I think I'm being too pig of a kitty, but i have gotten pretty attached to the fur ball.  And she really only whines when i leave.

88282[/snapback]

Basically, reward her for being quiet. Sometimes with a dog when you try to punish them for bad behavior, it reinforces the behavior (I know it sounds weird, but sometimes it happens). Basically, when they are doing the bad behavior, you ignore them. When they start to behave, you reward them. This has worked for my dog, and it might work for you.

Basically, reward her for being quiet. Sometimes with a dog when you try to punish them for bad behavior, it reinforces the behavior (I know it sounds weird, but sometimes it happens). Basically, when they are doing the bad behavior, you ignore them. When they start to behave, you reward them. This has worked for my dog, and it might work for you.

88298[/snapback]

too bad that doesn't work for certain posters... :doh:

too bad that doesn't work for certain posters... <_<

88497[/snapback]

Tell me about it. You try to punish them, and it gets worse. You ignore them, it gets worse. When they start to behave, it is only temporary. :)

Tell me about it. You try to punish them, and it gets worse. You ignore them, it gets worse. When they start to behave, it is only temporary.  <_<

88599[/snapback]

Ken, I voted today, and I didnt see your name on the screen. Really, I didnt. I'm not being a jerk. I thought you would be one of the names. Not that it mattered to me, but I wanted to see it.

88282[/snapback]

You are still talking about your dog aren't you? For some reason I'm seeing a woman in shackles sitting obediently beside your bed. <_<

Ken, I voted today, and I didnt see your name on the screen. Really, I didnt. I'm not being a jerk. I thought you would be one of the names.  Not that it mattered to me, but I wanted to see it.

88603[/snapback]

I am a write-in candidate.

Oh - i thought there would be a whole list. To think about it, there should be. But, whatever, we'll found out from the Supreme court in a few months who won.

88618[/snapback]

There is a whole list of people running, but not all have ballot access. Some only have ballot access in specific states.

You don't want to get me started on a rant about ballot access.

There is a whole list of people running, but not all have ballot access. Some only have ballot access in specific states.

You don't want to get me started on a rant about ballot access.

88632[/snapback]

No, you really don't.