Breaking news

K-Gun10

Lynch not practicing

By Chris Brown - Posted December 4th, 2008

Marshawn Lynch has apparently pulled himself out of practice. It appears to be a back issue, but we’ll get an official update from Dick Jauron after practice. He was getting worked on by the trainers who were trying to loosen him up, but after a little work in individual drills he stopped participating.

Fred Jackson was taking the first team reps. We’ll have an update this afternoon.

Tags: Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch

Lynch not practicing

Marshawn Lynch has apparently pulled himself out of practice. It appears to be a back issue, but we’ll get an official update from Dick Jauron after practice. He was getting worked on by the trainers who were trying to loosen him up, but after a little work in individual drills he stopped participating.

Fred Jackson was taking the first team reps. We’ll have an update this afternoon.

The post season hopes were lost with last Sunday's loss. If we were still in the hunt it would be a big deal.

Lynch not practicing

Not good. IMO, any prospect of Lynch not in the lineup is MUCH worse for this team than the same for Edwards. In light of how Edwards has played for most of the last 6 weeks, how much are we losing with Losman? Losing Lynch would be huge. Freddy is more of a change of pace back, and I think he benefits the most from Lynch wearing down defenses for him.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but.. Now maybe the better RB will get the bulk of the snaps? Don't get me wrong, I love Lynch's heart and power and all that.. but, he doesn't offer anything that Fred Jackson can't give you, other than the crazy second effort that Lynch unleashes. Of course, if Marshawn hit the hole (when there *IS* a hole) as quick as Freddie does.. he wouldn't need the second effort.

That being said.. I hope it isn't serious. Having both of them in the game is better than having only one, regardless of which one it is.

Not good. IMO, any prospect of Lynch not in the lineup is MUCH worse for this team than the same for Edwards. In light of how Edwards has played for most of the last 6 weeks, how much are we losing with Losman? Losing Lynch would be huge. Freddy is more of a change of pace back, and I think he benefits the most from Lynch wearing down defenses for him.

You are correct my friend. If Lynch is not in the game, we are in for a world of pain come Sunday.

Maybe if he doesn't end up playing, he can bring his SUV and run over Porter...that might help out the cause.

Oh Man (said w/ a Jamaican accent)!

I think last week was the 1st that Omon was active, but I didn't see/notice him on the field (game wasn't on tv, so I can't see a recall, not that I could tolerate it :P ).

This IMO is another example of an "avoidable" injury, which is further indictment of our poor strength & conditioning.

You are correct my friend. If Lynch is not in the game, we are in for a world of pain come Sunday.

Maybe if he doesn't end up playing, he can bring his SUV and run over Porter...that might help out the cause.

Who cares, the season was lost when this fuggin team could not close the deal against the browns & the 49ers. All this injury does is prevent Lynch from taking a further pounding this year in a meaningless game.

Oh Man (said w/ a Jamaican accent)!

I think last week was the 1st that Omon was active, but I didn't see/notice him on the field (game wasn't on tv, so I can't see a recall, not that I could tolerate it :P ).

This IMO is another example of an "avoidable" injury, which is further indictment of our poor strength & conditioning.

How is this injury "avoidable?" Please enlighten with your intimate knowledge on Lynch and the injury situation.

Uhh...one...maybe two...starters lost for the season...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/injuries/pup

I don't see anything there we didn't already know on the Bills list. :P

First Edwards with his fake groin injury, and now Lynch with this phantom back injury. Has Jauron no shame?

:P

If Edwards is out this will be JP's big chance to strut his stuff for his contract in the offseason.