Look at what you created Ralph........

This is just a joke anymore this Miami game in Toronto. From Chris Brown of BB.com

Dolphins Holliday happy to be playing inside

By Chris Brown - Posted December 4th, 2008

A few of the Dolphins players have actually admitted that they’re glad to be playing indoors and are out of the elements. Surprisingly though, it’s been the players on defense. Their play is less affected by the weather than the offense, but apparently the cold alone has its own effect on some of these guys.

“You talk about the elements; certainly being down here in South Florida is different,” said DE Vonnie Holliday. ”This is a cold day for us. When you’re in Buffalo, you never know what you’re going to get. You’re losing that wind, losing the possibility of snow, some rain, you just never know with the outside elements. When I looked at the schedule and saw that we were going to be indoors in Toronto, you have to be excited and happy about that because looking at the end of the schedule, Kansas City, the Jets and possibly Buffalo at Buffalo, it was ugly. That was certainly some light and the end of that tunnel when you’re talking about going indoors.”

So as much as some of the Miami players have downplayed, some are being honest and are relieved the game is under a roof.

Tags: Vonnie Holliday

This is just a joke anymore this Miami game in Toronto. From Chris Brown of BB.com

A few of the Dolphins players have actually admitted that they’re glad to be playing indoors and are out of the elements. Surprisingly though, it’s been the players on defense. Their play is less affected by the weather than the offense, but apparently the cold alone has its own effect on some of these guys.

“You talk about the elements; certainly being down here in South Florida is different,” said DE Vonnie Holliday. ”This is a cold day for us. When you’re in Buffalo, you never know what you’re going to get. You’re losing that wind, losing the possibility of snow, some rain, you just never know with the outside elements. When I looked at the schedule and saw that we were going to be indoors in Toronto, you have to be excited and happy about that because looking at the end of the schedule, Kansas City, the Jets and possibly Buffalo at Buffalo, it was ugly. That was certainly some light and the end of that tunnel when you’re talking about going indoors.”

So as much as some of the Miami players have downplayed, some are being honest and are relieved the game is under a roof.

I'm sure just as many Bills players are happy about it as well. Weather conditions do not give the Bills any advantage.

While that may be the case. I do think it is an advantage to have a team from Miami, Florida come to a cold weather stadium. That in itself would help the Bills. I dont look at last weeks game as a weather advantage, I mean San Fran is one of the more rainy cities in the US and very chilly at times as well.

While that may be the case. I do think it is an advantage to have a team from Miami, Florida come to a cold weather stadium. That in itself would help the Bills. I dont look at last weeks game as a weather advantage, I mean San Fran is one of the more rainy cities in the US and very chilly at times as well.

Quite seriously... when has playing in cold, windy, snowy conditions helped this Bills team over the several years? It really is time to face reality - this team is not a cold weather team. The players nor the game plan are equipped for December in Buffalo. Depressing thought, but terribly true.

Quite seriously... when has playing in cold, windy, snowy conditions helped this Bills team over the several years? It really is time to face reality - this team is not a cold weather team. The players nor the game plan are equipped for December in Buffalo. Depressing thought, but terribly true.

Yeah its hard to argue with you.........I do think more practices outside would cure it....maybe not.

Yeah its hard to argue with you.........I do think more practices outside would cure it....maybe not.

It would definitely be a start. But, they need to do something. The cold and snow in Buffalo should be a HUGE advantage, but it just isn't with this team.

It would definitely be a start. But, they need to do something. The cold and snow in Buffalo should be a HUGE advantage, but it just isn't with this team.

Weather aside, playing in the Ralph is no longer and advantage for this team :P

No its not.....I remember years ago teams would see Buffalo on the schedule late in the year and just cringe at the thought of coming here in December. Bills had the game won at that point.......just not the same anymore at the Ralph. years ago not many opposing teams fans come to game, now, its 60-40 fan base wise.......

When was the weather ever an advantage for the Bills? They won in bad weather because the team was really good, not because they played in bad weather better than the other team. :thumbsup:

Don't look at it as an advantage for Bills, but disadvantage for the opposing players. As mentioned elsewhere, the opponents' psyche was already down even before they stepped on the field.

The Bills don't have a home field advantage in cold weather anympore anyway. Look at the end of last season and the past few weeks this season. The closed dome doesn't bother me at all.