If JP beats Dolphins this week, does he keep the job until he loses?

Chuckknox

With a whole week of practice and a gameplan (throw to wideouts, not running backs) geared towards his strong points this should be his LAST chance to prove he has some potential.

It's a very big stage for the Bills this week because of Toronto. Since we seen what happened to TE on the big stage this year (Monday night, Jets, NE, Dolphins), let's see if JP can handle these AFC East teams any better.

If he loses, then send TE back in to "mop" up our season and get some experience.

If TE gets hurt, send in the 3rd stringer to see what he has.

IF JP WINS, then the Bills should try to ride this to the playoffs, if he get's to the play offs - apologize to him and give him an extension and promise to trade TE.

He has much more time to throw than in the past, maybe he can make some things happen.

JP HAS HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH CHANCES.I HOPE HE CAN PROVE ME WRONG BUT HE HAS PROVED THAT HE SUCKS!!1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said this earlier & I will say this again, the best thing thing for Losman's career right now is that he does not play. He plays the next 4 games due to Edward's injury my guess is he is going to play himself right out of the league, if he has not done that already.

And this is why you aren't a scout. If you consider JP's play as "playing himself out of the league," then trent's only 4-5 more games away from "playing himself out of the league" as well.

And this is why you aren't a scout. If you consider JP's play as "playing himself out of the league," then trent's only 4-5 more games away from "playing himself out of the league" as well.

It's been a while, so let me refresh your memory so you can get back into the discussions.

1) If JP loses, he sucks.

2) If Trent loses, it's the OL.

3) If Trent loses, it's the playcalling.

4) If Trent loses, it's Jauron.

5) If Trent loses, it's Ralph.

6) If Trent loses, it's anybody BUT Trent.

7) Losman is the reason we lost the Cardinal game.

8) Losman throwing a one-yard pass to Marshawn on 4th and 15 is the primary reason we lost to SF.

9) Losman spoke to Lindell just before he missed the field goal against the Browns.

That should help you get through the rest of this thread.

If he play well on Sunday, even in a loss, I wouldn't be shocked if they started him the following week. Nor would I be shocked if they started Trent when he was healthy even if JP played great. My own view is you don't lose your starting position due to an injury. When healthy, Trent starts but if he plays poorly, I would have no problem with his being benched. The goal is to win on Sunday, not to turn the rest of the regular season into an extended audition for JP or a practice session for Trent.

It's been a while, so let me refresh your memory so you can get back into the discussions.

8) Losman throwing a one-yard pass to Marshawn on 4th and 15 is the primary reason we lost to SF.

9) Losman spoke to Lindell just before he missed the field goal against the Browns.

10) No matter what Trent does, Losman still sucks.

It is stupid to rehash this whole thing. You guys think losman is good/has potential/was mishandled; I do not. I think he stinks. Losman will be gone in a few weeks & we will see who is right in the next year or two.

It is stupid to rehash this whole thing. You guys think losman is good/has potential/was mishandled; I do not. I think he stinks. Losman will be gone in a few weeks & we will see who is right in the next year or two.

You don't think he was mishandled? Wow. Just wow. Whether you think he can turn into a quality QB or not I have no clue how you can think he wasn't handled properly.

You don't think he was mishandled? Wow. Just wow. Whether you think he can turn into a quality QB or not I have no clue how you can think he wasn't handled properly.

Okay, maybe that was not the right way to put. He may have been mishandled but eventually the qb has got to start producing in the NFL or that qb is going to be out of a job. I think that is what happened to Losman. if he would of played half way decent last year in games against denver/Pittsburgh/Miami/Jacksonville/Ne he would not of been benched. In his first year starting if he played better he would not of been benched. Some of those games his first year starting were some of the ugliest Qb displays I have ever seen. He was downright brutal.

The difference being, I don't really care who is right. He'll be gone. After that, I could give a shiit.

But the point to my previous post is that this team is a mess, and to think that it's a mess simply because of a quarterback is ridiculous.

How can you handle a guy who has no potential? You really want the coaches to be restrained by a players draft position? Play him because we drafted him high and thus he will be good? I mean, there is only so much you can do for him. The guy couldn't read defenses. His only play was a deep ball and any good team can cut off that threat when they aren't being kept honest with short passes, screen passes, or play action. I understand we didn't have a dominant running game at the time, but it doesn't make up for the fact that JP is not good!

How do you handle someone who turns the ball over 3 times a game? Especially when the turnovers come in crucial situations, either ending a long drive, or turning the ball over immediately after gaining momentum, or turning the ball over right after the other team scores. I mean, the way you handle that situation, is by bringing in ANOTHER QB. Trent has showed strong flashes of success, JP has showed very little in my opinion. The coaching has never been good and so has the personnel. But, let there be no doubt about it, he is Rob Johnson with a little more arm and a little less brain.

Swap out "dump off" for "deep ball" in the first paragraph, and your post sounds a lot like edwards. His number of starts are getting closer and closer to Losman's, and thus far, there isn't a lot of difference between the 2.

The difference being, I don't really care who is right. He'll be gone. After that, I could give a shiit.

But the point to my previous post is that this team is a mess, and to think that it's a mess simply because of a quarterback is ridiculous.

The real question is, when JP is gone next year, who are the Edwards worshippers going to bash if/when he's still playing bad?

The real question is, when JP is gone next year, who are the Edwards worshippers going to bash if/when he's still playing bad?

If he sucks I will be right there bashing him like I did JP. Will you stick up for Trent if/when he sucks like you did for JP?

It is really a make or break year next year for Edwards as far as his future with the bills is concerned. He really needs to show improvement & if does not & regresses like Losman has for the last two years I guaranty you the bills will bring another qb in to compete with him for the starting job in 2010.

If he sucks I will be right there bashing him like I did JP. Will you stick up for Trent if/when he sucks like you did for JP?

If they treat Trent like they treated JP...and it certainly seems like that MAY be the case...then hell yes I'll stick up for Trent if continues to suck.

If they treat Trent like they treated JP...and it certainly seems like that MAY be the case...then hell yes I'll stick up for Trent if continues to suck.

Oh these poor NFL quarterbacks, they are soooooo hard done by. These are grown :P men, why do we have to treat them with "kid gloves" on? Play the game, produce or get out. Everybody has to have some excuse. Maybe we could play the games without keeping score so nobody loses and feelings are not hurt.