If JP beats Dolphins this week, does he keep the job until he loses?

Chuckknox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And you can determine this after 4 games?

With Losman, the entire problem wasn't that he got pulled. Pulling a young QB can sometimes help when you pull them for a half if they are playing bad. The problem was that Losman never had the team and coaches behind him except in 2006 (and wouldn't you know, it was his best season). In '05 and '07, the coaches were consistently making him look over his shoulder. We'd know a lot more about Losman right now if dickie had given him all of 2007 to show us what he did or didn't have.

I can tell you one thing. No matter how good or bad any employee might turn out to be, the absolute worst possible way to manage them is to constantly look over their shoulder and make them feel like they are going to be removed/fired/pulled if they make a single mistake.

it was not just a single mistake though. this guy has been brutal for the better paret of his career. I have outlined before & I will do this one more time. In his 31 starts, losman has thrown for less then 200 yrds 23 times. He has thrown for less then 100 yrds(an inconceivable figure in todays NFL) 8 times. He has a career record of 10-21 or a 32% winning percentage. In that time frame(05-present) the bills without JP Qbing are a respectable 15-14 or a 51% winning percentage. Yeah yeah, I know wins & losses should not come down to the qb. BS, qbs in this league are judged by wins & losses. You guys do not want to judge losman by wins & losses, you do not want to judge him by yards thrown, what do you want to judge him by?

The guy is just not smart enough to be an NFL qb. That is not going to change if you give him 200 starts. Perfect example was the 4th down play last week. Game on the line, 4th & 15 & what does he do. He throws a 3yrd dumpoff pass to Lynch. I do not care if anybody was open or not, you have to throw the ball pass the yard marks in that situation.

Yeah yeah, I know wins & losses should not come down to the qb. BS, qbs in this league are judged by wins & losses. You guys do not want to judge losman by wins & losses, you do not want to judge him by yards thrown, what do you want to judge him by?

You contradict yourself here saying yeah yeah YOU KNOW wins and losses should not come down to the qb, then follow it up saying BS, they are judged by wins and losses.

Many people consider Archie Manning one of the better QB's to ever play in this game, yet his win vs. losses ratio is TERRIBLE because he played on bad teams. TRENT EDWARDS didnt win a game in his last year at Stanford, and yet he had a lot of buzz about him and Walsh loved the kid based on him, not wins and losses.

JP played on a different team that had one of the worst pass blocking and run blocking offensive lines in football. That was pre Dockery, Walker, and our pro bowler Peters. JP had the incumbent McGahee and no Lynch/Fred Jackson combo that can catch out of the backfield to help bail him out when nothing was open down field...JP had a worse offensive coordinator (twice)...JP had a inexperienced Evans (who by the way had his best year with JP) with no #2 as good as Reed is playing this year (which is saying a whole lot) and a Head Coaches worse than we have now.

When TE took over that year they CHANGED the game plan for him to succeed. With JP, they took chances and try to push the ball, with TE they played not to take chances or turn the ball over, so it made Trent look like he was better at protecting the ball, which he has CLEARLY showed he is not this year with his fumbles and bad picks.

So hold off on your wins and losses debate and statistical debate as this years team is a completely different makeup than when JP had his shot. Also, Brees looked awful his first 2 FULL years of starting, JP never had 2 FULL years of starting to learn, had the offensive coordinator and philosophy changed several times, and never got a chance to settle into and learn a system.

I dont care how much you people want to hate this guy, but he has shown lots of potential, lots of YOUNG QB mistakes, has NEVER EVER BEEN SET UP TO SUCCEED HERE, and he has been a total PROFESSIONAL about his situation never becoming a distraction when losing his job and kept any issues in house and only talking about his status in the off season. The guy has been a stand up guy despite all the crap we put him through yet you all hate on him like he was T.O.

You contradict yourself here saying yeah yeah YOU KNOW wins and losses should not come down to the qb, then follow it up saying BS, they are judged by wins and losses.

Many people consider Archie Manning one of the better QB's to ever play in this game, yet his win vs. losses ratio is TERRIBLE because he played on bad teams. TRENT EDWARDS didnt win a game in his last year at Stanford, and yet he had a lot of buzz about him and Walsh loved the kid based on him, not wins and losses.

JP played on a different team that had one of the worst pass blocking and run blocking offensive lines in football. That was pre Dockery, Walker, and our pro bowler Peters. JP had the incumbent McGahee and no Lynch/Fred Jackson combo that can catch out of the backfield to help bail him out when nothing was open down field...JP had a worse offensive coordinator (twice)...JP had a inexperienced Evans (who by the way had his best year with JP) with no #2 as good as Reed is playing this year (which is saying a whole lot) and a Head Coaches worse than we have now.

When TE took over that year they CHANGED the game plan for him to succeed. With JP, they took chances and try to push the ball, with TE they played not to take chances or turn the ball over, so it made Trent look like he was better at protecting the ball, which he has CLEARLY showed he is not this year with his fumbles and bad picks.

So hold off on your wins and losses debate and statistical debate as this years team is a completely different makeup than when JP had his shot. Also, Brees looked awful his first 2 FULL years of starting, JP never had 2 FULL years of starting to learn, had the offensive coordinator and philosophy changed several times, and never got a chance to settle into and learn a system.

I dont care how much you people want to hate this guy, but he has shown lots of potential, lots of YOUNG QB mistakes, has NEVER EVER BEEN SET UP TO SUCCEED HERE, and he has been a total PROFESSIONAL about his situation never becoming a distraction when losing his job and kept any issues in house and only talking about his status in the off season. The guy has been a stand up guy despite all the crap we put him through yet you all hate on him like he was T.O.

I really do not hate the guy. If he plays this week I will be rooting for him. I just do not think he is a very good qb.

I really do not hate the guy. If he plays this week I will be rooting for him. I just do not think he is a very good qb.

In many of your posts you say you liked JP at one point, then you proceed to BASH him MERCILESSLY. You say you don't hate the guy, your posts say otherwise.

Seems to me this problem goes back to JP being yanked 4 games into his career. If he had played the whole year we would know better what kind of QB he will be. That's over and done. We will never know until he gets a legit shot. If he ever does. All you guys saying he sucks don't have a clue. But the same thing goes for TE. It's too early to tell what kind of QB he'll be. But it is starting to look like he might be injury prone.

But it doesn't matter for this year. The playoffs are out of the question. And no way JP's coming back next year under any circumstances I can see. So when TE is healthy let him play. That's the only way to find out how good he is. Or if he can play in bad weather.

But I do know I'd rather have a QB that chucks the ball downfield and gives it his best shot rather than someone who is afraid to throw upfield. The QB play this last month has been awful. I gotta believe that TE is still feeling effects from the hit in Arizona. And that's scary.

Seems to me this problem goes back to JP being yanked 4 games into his career. If he had played the whole year we would know better what kind of QB he will be. That's over and done. We will never know until he gets a legit shot. If he ever does. All you guys saying he sucks don't have a clue. But the same thing goes for TE. It's too early to tell what kind of QB he'll be. But it is starting to look like he might be injury prone.

But it doesn't matter for this year. The playoffs are out of the question. And no way JP's coming back next year under any circumstances I can see. So when TE is healthy let him play. That's the only way to find out how good he is. Or if he can play in bad weather.

But I do know I'd rather have a QB that chucks the ball downfield and gives it his best shot rather than someone who is afraid to throw upfield. The QB play this last month has been awful. I gotta believe that TE is still feeling effects from the hit in Arizona. And that's scary.

I agree with you except about Trent STARTING to look like he might be injury prone. That was a knock on him coming out of college & may be why many teams passed on him. Through the years there have been a number of players that could have been great if they had the ability to stay healthy & on the field.