Bills woes

At this point in the season I am by no means of the mind set to release or fire Dick Jauron. He is a good coach, and the Bills are a good team. I believe some key injuries have left the Bills with the record they have. As far as a few important positional people are concerned, I am hoping that this year is just the sophmore jinks. Namely Edwards and Lynch. Turk needs to find more ways to be explosive with the ball and Jauron needs to leave him be with that. I believe a couple of key things need to happen in the upcoming off-season that will propel the Bills for the future. Whether through free agency, which is where experience can be found, or through the draft the Bills need to add a mean, no holds barred, bad a** center, and a stud, throw me ball to help you out tight end. At this point in the season regardless of how much he contributes I have to move Josh Reed down the depth chart and Hardy up. Time for that boy to start learning and Trent being on that bus with him. Yeah some of this may be babbling or off the wall, but I just don't think the Bills are that bad of a team.

At this point in the season I am by no means of the mind set to release or fire Dick Jauron. He is a good coach, and the Bills are a good team. I believe some key injuries have left the Bills with the record they have. As far as a few important positional people are concerned, I am hoping that this year is just the sophmore jinks. Namely Edwards and Lynch. Turk needs to find more ways to be explosive with the ball and Jauron needs to leave him be with that. I believe a couple of key things need to happen in the upcoming off-season that will propel the Bills for the future. Whether through free agency, which is where experience can be found, or through the draft the Bills need to add a mean, no holds barred, bad a** center, and a stud, throw me ball to help you out tight end. At this point in the season regardless of how much he contributes I have to move Josh Reed down the depth chart and Hardy up. Time for that boy to start learning and Trent being on that bus with him. Yeah some of this may be babbling or off the wall, but I just don't think the Bills are that bad of a team.

corrected: jinx

Yes, all Turk needs to do is to figure out how to do something we have not been capable of doing all season. And Jauron just needs to stop being Jauron. And we just need to get through a season without any injuries at all because that is a totally realistic requirement. Then we just need an all pro center and tight end, who, despite our inability to secrure one over the last 10 years, pretty much grow on trees. Then we start Hardy because simply by starting him, he will instantly develop the skills which he lacks and which have kept him on the bench. And we just have to hope that there is some magical force working against our QB, rather than a lack of ability, that will just as magically disappear next year.

If all that happens, yes , we could rise to the level of a "not bad team". I like your hope, unrealistic though it may be. I am glad I am not Russ Brandon who is going to have to figure out what the freak to do with this team.

You're right about them not being that bad of a team. However you are off your rocker thinking that Dick Jauron is a good coach. Injuries? Injuries were not the reason they lost at home to the Cleveland Browns and the San Francisco 49ers. It was a badly coached team which was the reason we lost to those two teams and are out of the playoff picture this early. This man has had only one winning season in eight tries as an NFL head coach. How in God's name can you still say that this man is a good coach? You have to actually have a winning record for that statement not to be considered a ridiculous one given this man's now extensive losing record.

At this point in the season I am by no means of the mind set to release or fire Dick Jauron. He is a good coach, and the Bills are a good team. I believe some key injuries have left the Bills with the record they have.

Let me play Devils advocate here and say not only are they not better than they appear, they are in actuality much worse than their record! Last second wins agaisn't 4-8 Jacksonville and 3-9 Oakland. Trailing the Rams at half! Getting to play Seatlle and Kansas City. Lets face it, next year this same performance from this team and I am guessing we would be staring 3-9 right in the face this time next year. Granted, you cannot project schedule strenghth before the season actually gets going, but we got the the NFC and AFC South next year. Yep, one division that looks like it may send 3 teams to the playoffs and has no one under .500, and the other that will send two teams to the playoffs.

If ever the Bills were going to make a run, this was the year, with this schedule, Brady getting hurt, Jsts not getting their QB till training camp, etc. There could be blood in the streets next year when maybe we start 0- 7 or somethng like that

Let me play Devils advocate here and say not only are they not better than they appear, they are in actuality much worse than their record! Last second wins agaisn't 4-8 Jacksonville and 3-9 Oakland. Trailing the Rams at half! Getting to play Seatlle and Kansas City. Lets face it, next year this same performance from this team and I am guessing we would be staring 3-9 right in the face this time next year. Granted, you cannot project schedule strenghth before the season actually gets going, but we got the the NFC and AFC South next year. Yep, one division that looks like it may send 3 teams to the playoffs and has no one under .500, and the other that will send two teams to the playoffs.

If ever the Bills were going to make a run, this was the year, with this schedule, Brady getting hurt, Jsts not getting their QB till training camp, etc. There could be blood in the streets next year when maybe we start 0- 7 or somethng like that

You can take it one step further and look at the entire Jauron/Levy era. The first year the Bills split with 1 team with a winning record, the Jets. They beat two teams that went 8-8 and 3 teams that went 6-10. That was with "the loser" JP as their QB.

The next year, they beat 1 team with a winning record, the Washington Redskins, who had suffered their team captain being murdered that same week. They also beat the 7-9 Bengals, the 5-11 Ravens, the 4-12 Jets, and 1-13 Dolphins. And yet, people pointed to injuries and suggested great progress had been made.

This year, the Seahawks, Rams, and Chiefs are all 2-10. The Raiders are 3-9. The Jags are 4-8. Meanwhile, many of the teams the Bills beat the past couple of seasons are on upswings and have passed the Bills by... out of 20 wins, 2 were against teams with winning records.

You can take it one step further and look at the entire Jauron/Levy era. The first year the Bills split with 1 team with a winning record, the Jets. They beat two teams that went 8-8 and 3 teams that went 6-10. That was with "the loser" JP as their QB.

The next year, they beat 1 team with a winning record, the Washington Redskins, who had suffered their team captain being murdered that same week. They also beat the 7-9 Bengals, the 5-11 Ravens, the 4-12 Jets, and 1-13 Dolphins. And yet, people pointed to injuries and suggested great progress had been made.

This year, the Seahawks, Rams, and Chiefs are all 2-10. The Raiders are 3-9. The Jags are 4-8. Meanwhile, many of the teams the Bills beat the past couple of seasons are on upswings and have passed the Bills by... out of 20 wins, 2 were against teams with winning records.

This simply proves that the Bills are - and have been - an average team. Two 7-9 records show that and we're likely on the way to the same this year.

This simply proves that the Bills are - and have been - an average team. Two 7-9 records show that and we're likely on the way to the same this year.

Actually, I think the data shows that the team has regressed over the past 3 years despite what people say here. In 06, the Bills were being rebuilt and were capable of beating and did beat average teams. In 07, their 7 wins came almost exclusively against the dregs of the league (other than the last second Redskins victory, they beat nobody), while they lost some in spectacular fashion. In 08, they've had a softer schedule than 07 and have struggled to get by bottom-feeder teams (except KC), requiring 4th quarter comebacks. We haven't finished the season yet, but it looks like at least 4 of the wins this year came against teams that are on suckitude-par with the 07 Dolphins. And, we've lost to teams on suckitude-par with the 07 Jets. Too bad we don't play the Lions twice this year: we'd really be making hay then.