Who was listoning to WGR?

But its all the TRUTH! Thats the really hard part. Ralph Wilson needs to sell the team, it can no longer be in his name. He cant have any control over it. The entire organization is going down the drain due to Ralph Wilson. Until the team is sold to an owner who WANTS to win instead of just being content thats what we will see change in this team. Until that day comes, expect whats happening to continue.

Players may indeed be upset whats happening in Buffalo, but so to are the fans, the fans who pay these players pay checks.

The last 2 weeks, I rarely watched the Bills on TV and to be honest it was stress free. Was I shocked they put a pounding on KC and come home to lose against San Fran? NO.....thats who they are.

So again Thurman is right.....

http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/21591257/h...-roundtable.htm

Howard Simon led the hour with it, still not quite believing Thurman actually said what he did. The quote in the promo: "They're still pretty much in the same funk they were in five or six weeks ago. Until somebody else owns this football team, you're going to continue to see these types of coaches with this organization."

Add: I'll ask around, and see if they can put the whole thing up in the Vault ...

This quote

Jauron also has Whitner's support.

"He's done a great job around here. He's changed the culture around here from a losing attitude to guys believing that they can win," Whitner said. "It's up to us to get it done. I don't feel like he should take any criticism at all."

strikes me as really very empty. Whitner has never had an NFL head coach other than Dick Jauron, wasn't a part of the Bills prior to Jauron, and has zero first-hand knowledge of what was going wrong years before he was drafted. I wonder if he talked to Takeo, Lawyer, or London if they'd agree that they were perfectly content to suck and lose.

It is nice that he supports his coach; but, Newsflash!, the Bills are still losing, Donte.

Whitner also has no CHOICE but to blame himself and his peers, after that !@#$ing PROMISE he made. He totally knows what a dirtbag he'd LOOK like if he blamed ANY of this on the coach. THIS is why he never shoulda guaranteed a playoff berth. He can't tell the truth now about why it ain't gonna happen.

Whitner also has no CHOICE but to blame himself and his peers, after that !@#$ing PROMISE he made. He totally knows what a dirtbag he'd LOOK like if he blamed ANY of this on the coach. THIS is why he never shoulda guaranteed a playoff berth. He can't tell the truth now about why it ain't gonna happen.

You add a lot to this board's discourse.

Players always say things like that about coaches.

I got a chance to talk to Sammy Morris once, I asked him point blank if Williams was going to be/should be fired.

This was with only 2-3 games left in Williams' final season. There were no talks of contract extentions and everyone knew Williams was already gone. I thought, under the circumstances, Morris might give his honest opinion.

His responce was almost exactly the same as the Whitner quote posted here.

Every current Bills player will tell you and/or the media they support Jauron.

It is just another one of those cliche sports responces. Like saying we need to execute.

Yes, most players will not say they want their coach fired in public. A sure sign of the players lacking confidence in the coach is when you start getting articles where anonymous players blast the coach in some way.

Perhaps they will occur when the Bills lose their next game and are eliminated from the playoffs. No point now.

I do not expect any current player to criticize Jauron, publicly or anonymously. It would be a dumb move given the phantom extension.

But people should not use quotes, like the Whitner quote posted on this thread, to support an argument that the players think keeping Jauron is the best thing for the team.