Who was listoning to WGR?

Thurman Thomas said former and current Buffalo players are very upset with the situation in Buffalo and nothing will change until Ralph dies. He also said Ralph will never hire a high priced, experienced coach and only a new ownership group can help this team!

He criticized the current coaching staff in great length.

Bulldog, Mike Schoop and Jerry Sullivan attempted to get him to expand his comments, but he stopped short of criticizing the current players.

I tried to find a WGR link,and so far.....no luck!

Perhaps you can confirm this for me.

I have seen the comments on other boards but only the fans listening to WGR at home or on the internet can confirm this.

I copied the comments from two other boards and the posters are pretty reliable.

Thank you DIE HARD 1967

Hearing that the players are "very upset with the situation in Buffalo" is kind of a relief. But, I wonder how close Thurman is to the current players, or he is just stating what should be obvious.

From the Wawrow article on the sharks circling Dick Jauron:

Though Lee Evans has questioned the offensive play-calling at times this season, the receiver defended Jauron.

``I don't think that it's valid,'' Evans said. ``We respect him. We can communicate with him and we love him as a coach. I guess criticism comes all the time. But it's nothing taken serious here.''

Jauron also has Whitner's support.

``He's done a great job around here. He's changed the culture around here from a losing attitude to guys believing that they can win,'' Whitner said. ``It's up to us to get it done. I don't feel like he should take any criticism at all.''

The Whitner comment really strikes me...maybe I missed it, but I don't remember, any time, in the last few years, fans so openly booing the team, and pelting the coaches and players with garbage...hardly the "winning culture" we were hoping for.

This is sad, because I really do like a lot about Jauron, but, in some ways, his stint has been worse than the Gregg Williams "era" (when the team was completely gutted), and the Mike Mularkey "era", which lasted all of one season...started out bad, got hot, and then, ultimately, came up short. I may be wrong, but I get the impression that Jauron has had more football decision making authority than Williams and Mularkey ever did.

Fans have been pretty patient with Jauron, IMO, especially considering Jaurons' so-so past record.

Hearing that the players are "very upset with the situation in Buffalo" is kind of a relief. But, I wonder how close Thurman is to the current players, or he is just stating what should be obvious.

Though Lee Evans has questioned the offensive play-calling at times this season, the receiver defended Jauron.

``I don't think that it's valid,'' Evans said. ``We respect him. We can communicate with him and we love him as a coach. I guess criticism comes all the time. But it's nothing taken serious here.''

``He's done a great job around here. He's changed the culture around here from a losing attitude to guys believing that they can win,'' Whitner said. ``It's up to us to get it done. I don't feel like he should take any criticism at all.''

Perhaps they know more then Thurman...who knows?

The Whitner comment really strikes me...maybe I missed it, but I don't remember, any time, in the last few years, fans so openly booing the team, and pelting the coaches and players with garbage...hardly the "winning culture" we were hoping for.

This is sad, because I really do like a lot about Jauron, but, in some ways, his stint has been worse than the Gregg Williams "era" (when the team was completely gutted), and the Mike Mularkey "era", which lasted all of one season...started out bad, got hot, and then, ultimately, came up short. I may be wrong, but I get the impression that Jauron has had more football decision making authority than Williams and Mularkey ever did.

Fans have been pretty patient with Jauron, IMO, especially considering Jaurons' so-so past record.

These are like word-for-word quotes of the Bears players when Jauron was taking heat in his last 3 losing seasons in Chicago.

We love him+We respect him+We communicate with him = We don't fear him

"It's up to us to get it done" = do not fire this guy and bring someone in who will work the hell out of us and make us feel like we are playing for our jobs everyday.

The bottom line is EVERYBODY wants to have to work as hard as THEY want to. Most don't deserve that privilege, let alone a bunch of young football players who don't understand what it takes to win and haven't had their appetite for victory whetted by sacrifice and success.

These are like word-for-word quotes of the Bears players when Jauron was taking heat in his last 3 losing seasons in Chicago.

"It's up to us to get it done" = do not fire this guy and bring someone in who will work the hell out of us and make us feel like we are playing for our jobs everyday.

The bottom line is EVERYBODY wants to have to work as hard as THEY want to. Most don't deserve that privilege, let alone a bunch of young football players who don't understand what it takes to win and haven't had their appetite for victory whetted by sacrifice and success.

B-)

Link?

One of the good things about the bills players is that they are team players and don't want to ruffle any feathers. especially Whitner and Evans. I doubt they would say publicly is they were unhappy with the coaching.

If you listen to Lee Evans on his show, you can see he has little emotion when he talks about those type of things...he is putting on a good face, but underneath it all, he is pretty frustrated...

he might have been referring to former Bills players like himself, Kelly, Bruce, etc

Wow. Well said.

This quote

"He's done a great job around here. He's changed the culture around here from a losing attitude to guys believing that they can win," Whitner said. "It's up to us to get it done. I don't feel like he should take any criticism at all."

strikes me as really very empty. Whitner has never had an NFL head coach other than Dick Jauron, wasn't a part of the Bills prior to Jauron, and has zero first-hand knowledge of what was going wrong years before he was drafted. I wonder if he talked to Takeo, Lawyer, or London if they'd agree that they were perfectly content to suck and lose.

It is nice that he supports his coach; but, Newsflash!, the Bills are still losing, Donte.

This quote

"He's done a great job around here. He's changed the culture around here from a losing attitude to guys believing that they can win," Whitner said. "It's up to us to get it done. I don't feel like he should take any criticism at all."

strikes me as really very empty. Whitner has never had an NFL head coach other than Dick Jauron, wasn't a part of the Bills prior to Jauron, and has zero first-hand knowledge of what was going wrong years before he was drafted. I wonder if he talked to Takeo, Lawyer, or London if they'd agree that they were perfectly content to suck and lose.

It is nice that he supports his coach; but, Newsflash!, the Bills are still losing, Donte.

That quote by Whitner is damning. He changed the culture from a losing attitude? I'm sorry, I must have missed seeing the shots of the pissed off Bills players on the sidelines in the Browns and 49ers games. They looked like they couldn't give a sh_t, and that includes his head coach. No emotion, no passion, no nothing. That is the "culture" that this loser head coach has brought to the Buffalo Bills. The only emotion I saw in both games combined came from Jim Kelly. If only we had been smart and drafted Nagata instead of that vastly overrated strong safety who's only good at sticking his foot in his mouth.