While the Bills practice indoors...

This from Pro Football Talk.com. Sums up the pros and cons of practicing in the weather although I have to agree with the Steelers' approach. Check out the last paragraph.

ROETHLISBERGER SUFFERS MINOR KNEE INJURY

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 3, 2008, 4:58 p.m.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered a minor knee injury today in practice.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Roethlisberger left practice after he slipped and tweaked his right knee while throwing a pass. Backup Byron Leftwich took the reins of the offense for the last 20 minutes of practice.

Roethlisberger explained that he slipped in a patch of mud in the practice field, but he doesn’t think his knee is seriously hurt.

The Steelers have an indoor practice facility that they can use when the weather is bad, but Steelers coach Mike Tomlin prefers to practice outside when the Steelers are getting ready for an outdooor game, as they are this week. The Steelers host the Cowboys on Sunday.

7 year old boys play football all year long in the Northeast of the country. They play hockey. They walk to school then go outside and play all year.

Getting acclimated to the environment you will be playing in seems like pretty good sense to me. As for injuries, well, some guys shoot themselves in the leg in Nightclubs. Can't be avoided.

This from Pro Football Talk.com. Sums up the pros and cons of practicing in the weather although I have to agree with the Steelers' approach. Check out the last paragraph.

The Steelers have an indoor practice facility that they can use when the weather is bad, but Steelers coach Mike Tomlin prefers to practice outside when the Steelers are getting ready for an outdooor game, as they are this week. The Steelers host the Cowboys on Sunday.

This stuff just aggravates the hell out of me. You know that as players they are saying "coach, lets practice indoors" and ole Dicky boy wanting to be known as a a players coach says okay. My God, what has happened to this team

While the point has some merit, the Ralph's practice field has the same turf as the stadium. No mud.

The point is that there is wind that for instance, field goal kickers should be practicing in. And catching wet balls with cold hands, and running and cutting on wet turf. It's not a matter of turf or grass, it's a matter of acclimating to the conditions that you are going to be playing in.

The point is that there is wind that for instance, field goal kickers should be practicing in. And catching wet balls with cold hands, and running and cutting on wet turf. It's not a matter of turf or grass, it's a matter of acclimating to the conditions that you are going to be playing in.

The lede of that story was Roethlisberger's injury, caused by the mud on the practice field. I pointed out that the Bills wouldn't have to worry about that, since their outdoor practice field is the same surface as the stadium.

In other words, I was agreeing with you.

The lede of that story was Roethlisberger's injury, caused by the mud on the practice field. I pointed out that the Bills wouldn't have to worry about that, since their outdoor practice field is the same surface as the stadium.

In other words, I was agreeing with you.

I misunderstood. My bad. I wonder how many bad weather teams practice outdoors this time of year when they expect to play in bad weather. Anyways, it's a moot point this week. Go Bills!