Fios Opinions

DaGimp

Anybody switch to Fios for TV/Phone/Internet out there? If so, tell me your experience with it. Thanks

LOVE it . . . I just signed up for the TV service, so I miss the NFL Sunday ticket, but the channel line-up is great. HD is spectacular.

But the real champ is the Internet Service. Screaming fast speed. My usual donwload is about 19 MB and upload is usually around 3.5-4 MB. I've only had two issues in almost 2 years, one bad IP address and one with the wireless router. both were resolved quickly . . .

Good deal for $109/month (I pay an extra $10 for HD) . . .

LOVE it . . . I just signed up for the TV service, so I miss the NFL Sunday ticket, but the channel line-up is great. HD is spectacular.

But the real champ is the Internet Service. Screaming fast speed. My usual donwload is about 19 MB and upload is usually around 3.5-4 MB. I've only had two issues in almost 2 years, one bad IP address and one with the wireless router. both were resolved quickly . . .

Good to hear. TV just became available in my area and I'm thinking about the bundles that they offer. Only problem is I still have a year contract with DirecTV. I wonder if they would buy it out? My only complaint with Dtv is that heavy, wet snow takes out my HD almost every time.

I second this. You will be amazed in both the picture quality and internet speed. B-)

Internet speed is amazing. You get free ESPN360 service with it, and watching football games on the internet looks very close to an HDTV. If you've got a flatscreen or a good TV, you can extend your desktop onto your flatscreen and it's basically like watching a game on ESPN because its so fast. No little squares or pauses.

I switched to FIOS. Picture quality is better than cable, by a lot. But, i think PQ is better with directv.

Phone calls are a lot more clear than old copper.

Beyond that the price is right. Somethings I like better, some not so much.

Internet speed is amazing. You get free ESPN360 service with it, and watching football games on the internet looks very close to an HDTV. If you've got a flatscreen or a good TV, you can extend your desktop onto your flatscreen and it's basically like watching a game on ESPN because its so fast. No little squares or pauses.

I can't believe I didn't know about ESPN360 (where have I been?) before. Anyway, I don't have FIOS (would love to get it though), but noticed that I get ESPN360 as I use AT&T for my ISP. That's GREAT! Thanks for mentioning it, which caused me to check it out.

Good to hear. TV just became available in my area and I'm thinking about the bundles that they offer. Only problem is I still have a year contract with DirecTV. I wonder if they would buy it out? My only complaint with Dtv is that heavy, wet snow takes out my HD almost every time.

I had 4 months left with D-TV . . . I got out for $11/month . . . Not sure what the hike would be for 10+ months. . . Maybe Fez would know . . .