I'm Posting This Even Though I'll Get Crap

I got a phone call today from a good friend (who ONLY calls about sports stuff when he knows it will make my day). Anyhow, he told me that the contract status of Jauron is contingent upon the Bills making the playoffs this year. Take it for what it is worth because God knows we need some good news around here. He spoke to someone within the organization and that is all I got....

I am taking this one to the bank because it is the only thing keeping me going on this team. Why else would the team be so hush hush on the whole issue. It is the only thing that could make sense. They probably would have said more and more as time went on but the team fell so fast, they got stuck. I bet that this is released the second they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Again, take it for what is worth but I know it made my day. All we have is hope at this point!!

I got a phone call today from a good friend (who ONLY calls about sports stuff when he knows it will make my day). Anyhow, he told me that the contract status of Jauron is contingent upon the Bills making the playoffs this year. Take it for what it is worth because God knows we need some good news around here. He spoke to someone within the organization and that is all I got....

I am taking this one to the bank because it is the only thing keeping me going on this team. Why else would the team be so hush hush on the whole issue. It is the only thing that could make sense. They probably would have said more and more as time went on but the team fell so fast, they got stuck. I bet that this is released the second they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Again, take it for what is worth but I know it made my day. All we have is hope at this point!!

I for one am hoping that is true. Beacause they are not making the playoffs and DICK needs to GO!!!! :lol:

I believe Fassel already took a pass on the Bills. I highly doubt he wants to coach in Buffalo.

But he (reportedly) wants to coach in Oakland? A few years away from the sidelines might change a man's mind, no?

Please do not read this as an endorsement of Jim Fassel as the next Bills coach.

I've shared this theory for weeks now and posted it recently but someone brought up the point (regarding why they are so hush hush) that it's team policy to not discuss non-player contracts. After some thought, I thought how silly it was to not announce the contract extension of your head coach. Especially at 5-1. Every team seemingly does it. Why wouldn't they be proud of the man's work at that point? I still believe the lone provision with the potential contract is the team has to make the playoffs.

That would be wonderful.

Or, it could be that the team hasn't made an announcement because nothing positive has happened since he signed the contract? Not discounting what your friend told you, but I have a feeling that if Buffalo had beaten Miami back in Week 7, there would have been a formal press conference announcing the extension at that time. It's all about PR, you know.

Or, it could be that the team hasn't made an announcement because nothing positive has happened since he signed the contract? Not discounting what your friend told you, but I have a feeling that if Buffalo had beaten Miami back in Week 7, there would have been a formal press conference announcing the extension at that time. It's all about PR, you know.

I wouldn't discount this at all....it does seem very curious that the extension rumor wasn't confirmed since the losing started. I think it's possible that the lack of confirmation could be because of PR AND the contingency of making the playoffs.

I hope this is true. Bring on Steve Spagnuolo.

I believe Fassel already took a pass on the Bills. I highly doubt he wants to coach in Buffalo.

Why would the Bills want Jim Fassel? Granted he did get a team to the Superbowl, but he did little else that says he is anything but a mediocre head coach who got mediocre results ending with him getting a pink slip. Does this not sound very similar to Dick Jauron? Jim Fassel is the LAST guy the Bills should be looking at. Mediocre retread ex-NFL head coach. Sorry, been there done that time for real CHANGE!

I'll believe it when I see it.

I heard this rumor following the Bills "game" on Sunday. I would doubt it, but stranger things have happened. There must be a reason that every media outlet reported the story of the Bills extending DJ's contract a few weeks back, but neither the Bills organization or DJ would confirm. Right now it's just another rumor.....