Time to lay it all on the line

Mularkey

Ok so it is Wednesday and I have begun to stave off my pessimism for this team and coaching staff for another few days but I did want to make a point here. The team and coaching staff needs to start saying and believing in just one thing this week and that is it is time to lay it all on the line. Backs against the wall (yet again) and this time someone in that organization needs to step up, be a leader and guide a team to victory. I don't care if Edwards cant go, so what? The running game has been on fire so run the damn ball all day long if you cant get a QB to throw down field. It shouldn't matter, no excuses, the team is playing a division opponent who is ahead of them and they can stay alive with a victory (even if it is for just one more week). They should be fired up and the play calling should show some desperation. I still say Jauron and others have to go at the end of the year but the year isn't over and most of the players and coaching staff on this team are playing/coaching for their jobs not to mention pride and some payback for the first game with Miami. Show some pride and push the other team around for once and make a stand in the division and make a run at the playoffs.

Cant leave anything on the table......Id open the entire offensive playbook and go balls to the wall. Honestly, the team has nothing to lose. They are not going to the playoffs, yeah yeah yeah......they are still alive. Whatever......

may as well see what players want to stick around for next year. Honestly, Id play Corner, Mckelvin & Hardy every game all game long see what they truely are made of.

Cant leave anything on the table......Id open the entire offensive playbook and go balls to the wall. Honestly, the team has nothing to lose. They are not going to the playoffs, yeah yeah yeah......they are still alive. Whatever......

may as well see what players want to stick around for next year. Honestly, Id play Corner, Mckelvin & Hardy every game all game long see what they truely are made of.

I agree with your post, nothing to lose but a lot to gain. Take the training wheels off and lets see what the kids have and also what the coaches can do. Put the conservative crap away and open it up on offense. If someone throws 5 picks so be it be at least try to make something happen instead of waiting for the other team to make a mistake. By the way Bills, the other teams usually don't make many mistakes against us and the zebras don't help us either so go after it.

Here's the problem with that:

They should've done that this past week.

And Turk will be criticized to no end if he opens the playbook entirely (something he hasn't done all season, so it seems) and calls wacky plays on 3rd down. I'm all for an unpredictable offense, just as long as it's thought out and not Mike Mularkey-esque.

Here's the problem with that:

They should've done that this past week.

And Turk will be criticized to no end if he opens the playbook entirely (something he hasn't done all season, so it seems) and calls wacky plays on 3rd down. I'm all for an unpredictable offense, just as long as it's thought out and not Mike Mularkey-esque.

Agreed, they should have done that but they didn't. I would like to see something from someone on this staff to prove to me any of them a worth a damn. So if that means a flee flicker or some sort of trickery to get a win then show it to me. Prove your willing to take chances to win a f*&^ing game. I didn't think it would come down to this but obviously The Bills are not as talented as most of us have thought so time to be creative or walk the plank.

Chris Brown, Lead Journalist

Posted Dec 2, 2008

“I think the main thing for us to emphasize and we will and we have is that the playoffs are still a possibility and they’re still within our reach,” Jauron said.

The remaining schedule for Buffalo does not include a team without a winning record, and the Bills have yet to capture a win against such an opponent.

Ok so it is Wednesday and I have begun to stave off my pessimism for this team and coaching staff for another few days but I did want to make a point here. The team and coaching staff needs to start saying and believing in just one thing this week and that is it is time to lay it all on the line. Backs against the wall (yet again) and this time someone in that organization needs to step up, be a leader and guide a team to victory. I don't care if Edwards cant go, so what? The running game has been on fire so run the damn ball all day long if you cant get a QB to throw down field. It shouldn't matter, no excuses, the team is playing a division opponent who is ahead of them and they can stay alive with a victory (even if it is for just one more week). They should be fired up and the play calling should show some desperation. I still say Jauron and others have to go at the end of the year but the year isn't over and most of the players and coaching staff on this team are playing/coaching for their jobs not to mention pride and some payback for the first game with Miami. Show some pride and push the other team around for once and make a stand in the division and make a run at the playoffs.

Don't fool yourself into thinking it's gonna happen this week - we say the same thing every single damn week. Not gonna happen with Dickie J at the helm....completely passive and the team has taken on his unconfident, "play not to lose" persona.

Playoffs? are you delusional? even if we made it we'd get blown out in the first round. Not trying to be negative, but I am a realist. We have too many holes and poor coaching.

When was the last time we truly saw the Bills, as a team, fired up? I don't know what Jauron's pregame speeches are like, but I imagine they all end with a sedative dropped in the Gatorade. It never ceases to amaze me just how flat this team looks in big games.